PDA

View Full Version : The Frozen Peak - Levels 49 - 54

Phaedrakiki
05-01-13, 04:57 AM
I noticed a thread hadn't been created for this island yet. I thought I'd start one, adding some links to tips & tricks for The Frozen Peak levels. Might make help easier to find, if it's consolidated in one place. ;)

A quick glance showed me the following threads. Next time I'll look for others to add. But for now, here's a Level 49 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?45809-I-can-t-get-past-level-49) thread, a 2nd Level 49 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?42347-Level-49) thread, a Level 52 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41403-Did-anyone-passed-52) thread, and a Level 53 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41615-Need-help....Stuck-on-Level-53) thread. I found a second thread for Level 53 (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?50925-Level-53-help!!!), but it had no advice (as of today.)

Good luck! :)

Duffyreid
07-19-13, 04:31 AM
Can't get 3 stars on level 49. Any hints?

mrsunclemikey
07-19-13, 10:00 AM
I can't seem to break those top two jewels. Any suggestions?

aileeniweeni
07-19-13, 12:06 PM
I can't seem to break those top two jewels. Any suggestions?

you have a few options to try:
1. make a diamond. try to look out for possible 5-in-a-row matching. once you make a diamond, you can match it with the color jewel that is in one of the top glass squares. or you can combine it with a blaster and hope that it creates a horizontal blaster in the top row. it's riskier to do that though. you can also combine the diamond with a bomb and hope it breaks the glass up top.
2. make 2 diamonds and swipe them together. this will break 1 layer of glass on the entire board
3. create a vertical blaster and bomb combo towards the top. making a horizontal blaster would be optimal, but it's not really possible to do so in the very top row. but you'll be able to make a vertical blaster that is pretty close to the top. once you make one, save it and wait to make a bomb next to it. then swipe the blaster + bomb together, hopefully it will blast the glass in the top corners if they are placed high enough.

good luck!

aileeniweeni
07-19-13, 12:17 PM
Can't get 3 stars on level 49. Any hints?

To get 3-stars on any level you must beat the default 2nd place score of Adam. In level 49 his score is 377,000, so you need to beat that. My advice to score high points in this level is to try to make continuous matching because you get more points for successive matches. Breaking the crates and blasting black jewels are also worth a lot of points (around 1000 points each), so try to clear all of those from the board. By clearing out the board of those obstructions, you will also have a larger area of a board to make matches, so it will be easier to find matches to make.

marcatwolf
02-14-14, 12:32 PM
Finally got thru 49 by hitting the big diamonds against the little colored diamonds which turns them all into the little diamonds.

To get 3-stars on any level you must beat the default 2nd place score of Adam. In level 49 his score is 377,000, so you need to beat that. My advice to score high points in this level is to try to make continuous matching because you get more points for successive matches. Breaking the crates and blasting black jewels are also worth a lot of points (around 1000 points each), so try to clear all of those from the board. By clearing out the board of those obstructions, you will also have a larger area of a board to make matches, so it will be easier to find matches to make.

Phaedrakiki
02-14-14, 09:57 PM
Hi! Not sure what you mean about big & little diamonds...? When you swap a Magic Diamond (from 5-jewel match or purchased boost) with a regular jewel, it clears all jewels the same color. For ex.: swap a diamond & a red jewel -- all the reds on the board will be cleared. When the jewels are cleared, there's a little "twinkle" effect for a minute--is that what you're talking about ("little diamonds?")

The other diamond combos:

diamond & blaster (arrow-thingy) - turns all jewels the color of the blaster into new blasters (some horizontal/row blasters, some vertical/column blasters,) which are then detonated. Ex.: Swap a diamond & green blaster, every green jewel on the board turns into a blaster. Then all these green blasters are activated (in succession--not all in one blast.)

diamond & bomb - clears all jewels the color of the bomb...then clears additional jewels (I think a second color.) Ex.: Swap a diamond & yellow bomb, all the yellow jewels on the board will be cleared at once. Then all of another (random?) color jewel will be cleared, for ex., all the red...

diamond & diamond - Swap 2 diamonds and every jewel on the board will be cleared at once!

To pass level 49 you need a big score. You earn higher points when making matches/clearing jewels while new jewels are falling in (to replace previously cleared jewels.) That means...don't stop moving. Make matches and combos, but don't wait for them to finish--keep matching. That's how you get the higher points. This level has lots of crates/wooden boxes, so make sure to clear those--both for additional points and to make more room to work. Once you've cleared most of the crates, make matches more towards the bottom of the board. As the replacement jewels fall in, they often line up and create "bonus" matches (even higher score!) Just keep moving..don't wait for the jewels to stop. Move fast, and you'll pass very soon!

Good luck!

Phaedrakiki
02-24-14, 02:28 AM
The quote below is from a separate thread about Level 51, but I decided to post my answer here to keep all The Frozen Peak level tips in one place.

It must just be me bc I do not see any posts about this level, but how on earth do we get rid of the black jewels? Do we have to break the glass twice? Is there a way to beat the level without spending real money? Thanks for your help.

The black jewels in this level are held inside wooden walls, almost like little "cups". They have to be blasted and/or bombed--at least the lower ones do. In certain jewel configurations, the top black jewel in each set can be moved up/swapped with a jewel to break the glass underneath. But that still leaves the lower one to deal with. The easiest way is to make a vertical blaster directly underneath the black jewels (a 4-jewel horizontal match makes a vertical blaster.) One blast is all it takes--the black jewels and the glass underneath are gone. You can also make a bomb and set it off right next to the black jewels (bombs have radius of 3, so if they're right beside either black jewel, it should take out both.) And of course, a blaster + bomb combination would work wonderfully! Just keep making moves underneath the two areas, trying to make the vertical blasters and other special jewels. It might take a few rounds to get it, but you can definitely pass this without spending money/using boosts!

I'll try to add some screenshots, but won't be able to post 'til tomorrow or later. Best of luck! :D