PDA

View Full Version : Secret Forest - Levels 151 - 156

OpeningCeremony
04-29-13, 01:04 PM
i managed to clear this entire island over the weekend. so now i don't really remember much about it :/

nothing new in this island though. still have snakes and stone jewels, not necessarily always together within a level. i regret not posting as i went, but i'm usually away from a computer on the weekends. :cool:

so yea just post with tips when anyone gets here! i'm off fighting fires on the next island. lol

OpeningCeremony
05-06-13, 02:25 PM
on level 154 (just beat it with my other account), you have to create vertical blasters to **** the two snakes. if you have a choice between blasting the black jewels next to the snake or the snake itself, always opt for the snake first and worry about the black jewels later. after you get rid of the snakes, then focus on breaking the crates because there is glass underneath and you need to make the stone jewels drop so that you can break the glass that it's sitting in. special jewels and combos are your best friend in this round.

OpeningCeremony
05-07-13, 01:50 PM
level 156 is a timed glass level with 4 snakes and 4 doom jewels in the 4 corners. the snakes are blocking the doom jewels, so you either have to **** the snakes or create a blaster that's lined up with the doom jewel. there's 1:15 on the clock, but 1:00 on the doom jewel timer, so there's time to get them free. i'm stuck here right now on my alternate account because it's hard to make any good matches. but this level isn't too bad compared to others

Gardienn
05-25-13, 07:57 PM
This island is going fairly quickly for me too, so far. I'm currently on 152 and expect to clear it very soon.

OpeningCeremony
05-25-13, 08:25 PM
This island is going fairly quickly for me too, so far. I'm currently on 152 and expect to clear it very soon.

yay you're getting up there. please post when you get to unicorn summit the last level, level 174. i'm stuck there on my other account and curious how others feel about it. they increased the time on that level substantially to over 7 minutes :eek: but it really doesn't help... haha

Gardienn
05-26-13, 03:13 PM
Cleared this island. If I catch up, I'll let you know what I think. :)

pastasplace
05-28-13, 12:57 AM
I'm up to level 156. I cleared the rest of this island, and all of the previous 2 islands over the weekend (I completed some quests, so got some free gold which I use for more energy, and a free refill - which helped a lot).

It's been lovely to have some levels that can be completed fairly swiftly (admittedly a lot of it is luck though...), after so many that have sometimes taken weeks to do!

I envisage 156 may take me some time though! I don't like those timed jewels :(

Phaedrakiki
05-28-13, 09:24 PM
(...) It's been lovely to have some levels that can be completed fairly swiftly (...) though! I don't like those timed jewels :(

I agree...loved moving through rather quickly! Except for 156, of course. That took me awhile. Argh--doom jewels!!!

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 01:35 AM
Here's a screenshot of Level 151: Clear 64 glass in 38 moves...w/snakes, unbreakable/stone jewels, & wooden wall.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/3423fb80-dcb3-467e-8406-844ecb5d4671_zps36546e7e.jpg

I usually try to start levels like this with a snake-clearing match or two (or restart.) But I couldn't resist this one, with the yellow match that clears 2 of the red stone jewels right off the bat... ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 08:31 PM
Level 152: Dig 12 meters in 3:20. A few ice blocks & lots of snakes!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/fc561a08-d3b0-479e-b1d0-58ebeb0980d3_zps079b4f83.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/720be7bb-dab2-4075-b6f6-dea61da6dc91_zpsb2e60f1c.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/ec0b62f2-9aa8-4cc8-be1c-afdba4c50f4b_zps8347cafe.jpg

I'm trying to remember...I don't think you have to clear the last 2-headed snake, as long as you blast the last 2 dirt/bricks underneath...

This was a fun level...enjoy!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 08:54 PM
Level 153: Clear 60 glass in 2:15 (5JC.) There are wooden walls in a U-ish pattern, which hold 8 black boxes inside. You have to blast at least some of them, so you can make matches to clear the double glass. Or just blast/bomb them all! ;)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/1ed4c091-3e02-4d5b-b13f-7fc9aec8d213_zps24f6b7c1.jpg

Another enjoyable level...have fun!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 10:16 PM
Level 154: Clear 56 2x-glass in 45 moves. There are snakes, black boxes, crates and 4 unbreakable/stone jewels. As previously mentioned, it's important to get rid of the snakes fast, so you can get the stone jewels to drop from the separated area they start in, and break the glass underneath.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/c8f33e01-e090-4859-a38d-1781618369a4_zpsc36f4458.jpg

Another fun one...enjoy!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 10:27 PM
Oops, forgot: Level 154 = 4 jewel colors (4JC.) I used a vertical blaster on one of the snake heads, then dropped a horizontal one (on that same side) to the bottom & blasted the other snake. It's pretty easy to make specials & combos on this level...so much fun! ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 11:30 PM
Level 155: Dig 10 meters in 68 moves (5JC.) Snakes, black boxes, ice blocks, wooden walls, & unbreakable/stone jewels are embedded in the dirt/bricks.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/294f8f2e-45f9-4e88-8918-7d1d3af22c3c_zps49220858.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/9e773762-3659-4412-a53b-769e595d85e6_zps2a8af509.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/a11997b0-11b7-4f21-9eb7-fbd28a443383_zps8556127d.jpg

I started this level with a flat/horizontal move next to the dirt, as well as a vertical move touching (I kept restarting until I got this--wanted a "head-start.") I concentrated on digging, clearing some--though not all--of the stone jewels. I also got lucky w/lots of special jewels & combos. I passed this one on the first try...it was fun while it lasted, lol~
Enjoy!
Phaedrakiki

reshkulk
07-17-13, 09:33 AM
How come I have only 24 moves to finish this level and I am having hard time finishing the level with that few moves :(

reshkulk
07-17-13, 09:35 AM
Here's a screenshot of Level 151: Clear 64 glass in 38 moves...w/snakes, unbreakable/stone jewels, & wooden wall.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/3423fb80-dcb3-467e-8406-844ecb5d4671_zps36546e7e.jpg

I usually try to start levels like this with a snake-clearing match or two (or restart.) But I couldn't resist this one, with the yellow match that clears 2 of the red stone jewels right off the bat... ;)

I have only 24 moves to finish this level. How come? :(

aileeniweeni
07-17-13, 12:51 PM
I have only 24 moves to finish this level. How come? :(

The # of moves or amount of time you have to pass a level will be adjusted as you play and as others play. This is usually to balance the difficulty level. Changes to other level parameters can also be made, such as the # of jewel colors, and even # of snakes! But don't fret! Just keep trying as these levels can take many tries to pass :D

cjkak
08-09-13, 05:04 AM
Level 152 is down to 2:35 from 3:20 ? Trying constantly but not even close.

Phaedrakiki
08-09-13, 12:57 PM
Level 156: 60 glass in 1:53 (5JC.) Hmmm, just noticed I had some content waiting to be "restored" in the comment box. It's mostly just the photo--guess I never posted anything back then. So here's the photo I took at the time. I can't remember anything about playing the level, though...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/077dd9ff-4eb6-4d55-9a0f-070c9d98031d_zps9c294487.jpg

Phaedrakiki
08-09-13, 04:01 PM
Level 152 is down to 2:35 from 3:20 ? Trying constantly but not even close.

Yuck -- sounds like a tight squeeze! I sympathize--not a fan of short timers! I don't remember that level much, but since I said I enjoyed it in my post, the 3+ minutes might've been a little "roomy" (maybe too roomy in their opinion.) Or maybe fast-fingered players were getting through too quickly. (I'm not one of those players, btw...;)) Hang in there, and keep focusing on digging, making special jewels and combos (esp. blaster + bombs--excellent for digging.) You'll get a lucky board soon enough where it all comes together nicely to reach your goal. Good luck, and may lots of diamonds come your way to instantly **** those snakes!

VGailP
08-10-13, 05:27 PM
Level 153: Clear 60 glass in 2:15 (5JC.) There are wooden walls in a U-ish pattern, which hold 8 black boxes inside. You have to blast at least some of them, so you can make matches to clear the double glass. Or just blast/bomb them all! ;)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/1ed4c091-3e02-4d5b-b13f-7fc9aec8d213_zps24f6b7c1.jpg

Another enjoyable level...have fun!
Phaedrakiki
I am not finding this island as fun or moving up as fast as most of ya,lol. I have tried level 151 more times than I want to admit! Not to mention that about 300,000 coins just disappeared as soon as I got there. I can't seem to get an answer about that either. Any ideas?

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 11:24 PM
I am not finding this island as fun or moving up as fast as most of ya,lol. (...)
Reading recent comments, it sounds like they might have reduced time/moves on some of the levels. That can definitely mess with the enjoyment level (it's no fun being stuck or stressed!) I'm sorry you're having a tough time. Believe me, I sympathize! :) Good luck, and hope you get through to happier levels soon!

(...) Not to mention that about 300,000 coins just disappeared as soon as I got there. I can't seem to get an answer about that either. Any ideas?
What happened--your coins were gone when you played a level? Did you maybe accidentally press one of the boost buttons at the beginning screen? It's not hard to do! Some are right around the 300k coin mark on levels 151 & 152. If that's not it, you could try emailing support@team.lava.com & explaining what happened.
Take care, & good luck!

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 11:50 PM
Hi VGailP, I took a look at a few of the levels on this island, and they have reduced the amount of moves on them (didn't check any timed ones, though.) Level 151 is currently 30 moves on my device. I hope they add some time & moves back to the ones troubling you, so it'll be more enjoyable! :)

VGailP
08-11-13, 12:41 AM
Hi VGailP, I took a look at a few of the levels on this island, and they have reduced the amount of moves on them (didn't check any timed ones, though.) Level 151 is currently 30 moves on my device. I hope they add some time & moves back to the ones troubling you, so it'll be more enjoyable! :)

Thanks for the replies! Those extra few moves would certainly make a difference,lol. I come out one or two moves short every time.

VGailP
08-11-13, 12:56 AM
I think they saw some of ya thought it was fun and for thru the island fast and reduced the moves/time to impossible. I have even bought refills on this one. Tried way too many times on what should be a straight forward level. I am going to try thru another energy refill and then that is enough.
As far as the missing coins ..no..didn't accidentally touch it.logged on to play and they were gone after update.

Phaedrakiki
08-11-13, 01:19 PM
I think they saw some of ya thought it was fun and for thru the island fast and reduced the moves/time to impossible. (...)
As far as the missing coins (...) logged on to play and they were gone after update.
Oh, I really hope I had nothing to do with them increasing time/moves. I would feel horrible! Though, I've actually wondered about that very thing myself (regarding players posting ahead of me, lol!) Espec. when I'm on an island where they've made bad cuts. I'm thinking, "why couldn't you lie and say you barely made it through?" Lol, jk! Seriously, though, I really wish I knew how they determined that sort of thing. Are there rules based on player data, or do they just randomly tweak things (or something in-between?) Hmmm...

That's weird about your coins. Are they all gone, or did the update just take some of your stash? I really hope you're able to get them back!

Btw, what level are you on? You mentioned 151, but your post had a photo of another level (I'm easily confused, lol! :confused:) Good luck, & hope you pass very soon!

VGailP
08-11-13, 07:30 PM
Oh, I really hope I had nothing to do with them increasing time/moves. I would feel horrible! Though, I've actually wondered about that very thing myself (regarding players posting ahead of me, lol!) Espec. when I'm on an island where they've made bad cuts. I'm thinking, "why couldn't you lie and say you barely made it through?" Lol, jk! Seriously, though, I really wish I knew how they determined that sort of thing. Are there rules based on player data, or do they just randomly tweak things (or something in-between?) Hmmm...

That's weird about your coins. Are they all gone, or did the update just take some of your stash? I really hope you're able to get them back!

Btw, what level are you on? You mentioned 151, but your post had a photo of another level (I'm easily confused, lol! :confused:) Good luck, & hope you pass very soon!

I am now on level 152. Lol finally! I was feeling very stupid not being able to make it off 151 after all those tries when it seemed most had just flew right thru this island. Approx. 300,000 coins disappeared. (I saw about your hospital stay awhile back) hope you are doing well now! Your posts have helped me many times. Thanks!!

Phaedrakiki
08-11-13, 08:21 PM
Congrat's on making it through 151! Yay!!! You def. shouldn't feel bad for taking longer to pass, especially since you had way fewer moves to accomplish the goal! :D Oh, and thanks for asking--I was in the hospital 6 days; I'm doing a little better. Don't want to go back, that's for sure, lol! Good luck on the rest of Secret Forest!

VGailP
08-12-13, 04:52 AM
Congrat's on making it through 151! Yay!!! You def. shouldn't feel bad for taking longer to pass, especially since you had way fewer moves to accomplish the goal! :D Oh, and thanks for asking--I was in the hospital 6 days; I'm doing a little better. Don't want to go back, that's for sure, lol! Good luck on the rest of Secret Forest!

I definitely am going to need that luck,lol! I only wish I had made it to the secret forest before they lowered the time and moves. I see when you were on level 152 you had 3:20 now it is 2:35 and seeming impossible. Always run out of time before getting thru all the snakes and levels. I think TL fixed it so it would cost more energy refills and/or boosts :-(

mommy1951
09-03-13, 06:41 PM
I am so stuck on 156, 1 minute to get those timed guys in the corners is nearly impossible, and even with some luck if I happen to get them I can't get rest in the remaining few seconds. I've used up all my coins and gold on boosts and get nowhere. I hope someone can give me some clues because this one is making want to quit.

Phaedrakiki
09-03-13, 07:50 PM
Hi mommy1951, I'm sorry you're so frustrated! I can't remember now why I didn't add any tips for level 156. For some reason, I didn't post the screenshot (or anything else) at the time I played the level. It's definitely been awhile, but I remember that was a tricky one. As a first step, I would try to only play boards with good starting moves, like a visible snake-head match, or moves that create special jewels, etc. If you don't like what you see when the level starts...press pause, & then the back arrow to restart the level. It won't take an energy if you don't touch anything/move jewels, and it gives you a little bit of a "head-start."

This level mostly comes down to 1. speed & 2. special jewels & combos. (Actually, those should probably be reversed as the order of importance, and a 3rd added--luck!) Make lots of special jewels, so you can blast/explode the snakes to get to the doom jewels, and of course, to take out lots of glass. Make sure your doomies are cleared first, then concentrate on the rest of the glass. Use powerful combinations, like diamond + blaster and blaster + bomb to clear lots of stuff at once. Diamonds are awesome for this level--use them to clear snakes, doom jewels, and of course, glass.

Best of luck to you! Let me know if what I said doesn't make sense. And definitely hang in there...that perfect board will come along, eventually. The one with the right jewels in the right places--the one that allows you to get it done! :)

mommy1951
09-05-13, 05:49 PM
Hi mommy1951, I'm sorry you're so frustrated! I can't remember now why I didn't add any tips for level 156. For some reason, I didn't post the screenshot (or anything else) at the time I played the level. It's definitely been awhile, but I remember that was a tricky one. As a first step, I would try to only play boards with good starting moves, like a visible snake-head match, or moves that create special jewels, etc. If you don't like what you see when the level starts...press pause, & then the back arrow to restart the level. It won't take an energy if you don't touch anything/move jewels, and it gives you a little bit of a "head-start."

This level mostly comes down to 1. speed & 2. special jewels & combos. (Actually, those should probably be reversed as the order of importance, and a 3rd added--luck!) Make lots of special jewels, so you can blast/explode the snakes to get to the doom jewels, and of course, to take out lots of glass. Make sure your doomies are cleared first, then concentrate on the rest of the glass. Use powerful combinations, like diamond + blaster and blaster + bomb to clear lots of stuff at once. Diamonds are awesome for this level--use them to clear snakes, doom jewels, and of course, glass.

Best of luck to you! Let me know if what I said doesn't make sense. And definitely hang in there...that perfect board will come along, eventually. The one with the right jewels in the right places--the one that allows you to get it done! :)

I did it!!!!!!! Thanks for the tips :)

kynlee10
11-17-13, 04:33 PM
Good luck with that. I've played 152 at 2:45 at least a hundred times. Time is way too short. Ridiculous!

kynlee10
11-17-13, 04:35 PM
Same here. This is ridiculous! Time is simply too short. Perhaps if you have the luxury of tons of gold bars.