PDA

View Full Version : Abode Ablaze- levels 157 - 162

omniBliss
04-23-13, 08:24 AM
Whoa! This new level is crazy! Fire that spreads with each move... I'm finding it very challenging to put out all of the fire(s) within allotted moves. O_o

Any suggestions on how to pass level 158 would be great.

Thanks

thesacredphoenix
04-29-13, 01:01 AM
I'm actually stuck on level 158 as well. I'm sure you've passed it by now since the post was made a week ago though, haha. I was within 1 flame, and that was me getting lucky and getting a Diamond and a Bomb powerup together. I think combining powerups is really the only feasible way =P

OpeningCeremony
04-29-13, 10:21 AM
hmm i'm stuck on level 157... i haven't been getting any good matches at all so the fire just keeps on building. haven't even been able to make a diamond yet. i think i was down to one flame but it's just so unaccessible unless you make a blaster in the perfect spot. and too bad we can't make matches by moving the flame itself with another jewel. that's kind of annoying

OpeningCeremony
04-30-13, 10:43 AM
ok passed 157 and 158. for 157, it took awhile to get a good board but, first i'd focus on getting rid of the flames in the middle section so that it will give you a workable board to create blasters and diamonds and bombs. so the way the fire works, as soon as you extinguish all the fire in one area, it'll stop spreading in that section. in level 157, there are 3 areas that the fire will grow, the left column, middle area, and right column. so clear out the fire in the middle first. then as the fire grows vertically on the side columns you can get rid of those with blasters or any combo (diamond,blaster, bomb). also another good note and how i passed 157, the last two fires (one on each side column) were both next to a red jewel. and i happened to have a diamond next to a red jewel. so i matched the diamond with the color of the jewel next to the flame and it extinguished both fires. so if you can't make matches next to the flames or don't have blasters, using a diamond with the same color jewel next to a flame is another option.

level 158.. all i remember was that there were crates on the left and right side ... but for some reason i was able to pass 158 w/in a few tries only. totally luck of the board. i can't remember it well enough anymore to give any tips :/

level 159.. the flames are in 2 rows on a bottom area that is somewhat unaccessible so you to create vertical blasters (or blaster combo) to extinguish them. only tried it a few times so don't have a good strategy yet, but it's looking like i just need to get lucky with a good board.

OpeningCeremony
04-30-13, 12:34 PM
ok with level 159 just passed it and made at least 2 diamonds to help me clear it. i used one of the diamonds to clear out a yellow jewel that happen to be touching a couple of the flames. and the other diamond actually got blasted with a blaster, so i didn't even get to really use it. i had a couple moves left, but luckily had a blaster lined up with the last flame.

level 160 is a timed level with 1:00 minute on the clock. the flames just grow as time passes by, i'm not quite sure how many seconds it takes for one to sprout. the flames start out in a bottom section with some crates. vertical blasters again?? i'll try again later... need a breather from jewel mania :p

OpeningCeremony
05-02-13, 12:11 PM
level 161 and 162 are also timed levels. but level 162 is stressful with the addition of doom jewels. doom jewels are on the board at the start of the level and then continually drop in as time goes on. but the fire just keeps spreading as you're focusing on getting rid of the doom jewels. hope to see the next island soon~

Phaedrakiki
05-02-13, 08:19 PM
Wow, sounds super stressful! Are you using any strategy on these last 3 levels, other than using special jewels/combos to extinguish flames? I'm 50+ levels away (sounds far!), but when I get there in a month or so I'll probably need help, lol! ;)

(Actually, a month is ambitious, haha--I'm still stuck on 105...those crazy doom jewels & 2:50 timer are ****ing me! And how the heck will I ever tackle doomies & fire🔥? 😬smh)

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 10:05 AM
well level 160 and 161 are somewhat similar and really the only strategy is to use special jewels/combos to get rid of the fire. the flames aren't in separate sections, they're just at the bottom but are pretty inaccessible at first. if you can blast at least a few, those flames will disappear and get replaced by jewels. then you can maybe create matches to further extinguish the remaining flames. the only way you can pass those levels is with at least some blasters and the more diamonds the better :)

now level 162... UGH. just UGH. i literally used all my 5 energies in less than two minutes. the timer on the 4 doom jewels start at 20 seconds, and i have a really hard time getting rid of all of them, not to mention more doom jewels dropping in as you go. the board has some gaps in between each doom jewel which makes it harder to make matches. so even though you only start out with 4 flames, it spreads like wildfire since you have to focus on getting rid of the doom jewels. this is probably the LEAST fun level i've ever played... 20 seconds and you're done :(
i think the doom jewels need to have a longer timer or maybe less colors of jewels? it's just difficult to make useful matches in this level in general :/

Phaedrakiki
05-03-13, 02:24 PM
well level 160 and 161 (...)

now level 162... UGH. just UGH. (...) this is probably the LEAST fun level i've ever played... 20 seconds and you're done :(
i think the doom jewels need to have a longer timer or maybe less colors of jewels? it's just difficult to make useful matches in this level in general :/
Sounds awful! By the time I get there they probably will have made some changes... (I'm hoping!) You & OmniBliss (& others) are paving the way for us, lol, and testing the game, too (seems like?!) Thanks for the tips, they're appreciated & really do help. Wish I'd sought help here long ago when I first started JM. I didn't know you could combine gems til I came here...you can imagine the hard time I had getting thru some levels, haha. F.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n! Speaking of timed levels & doom jewels, I just passed 105 (yay!) Still have energy but resting my pounding heart, lol!

Good luck on 162!

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 03:32 PM
Sounds awful! By the time I get there they probably will have made some changes... (I'm hoping!) You & OmniBliss (& others) are paving the way for us, lol, and testing the game, too (seems like?!) Thanks for the tips, they're appreciated & really do help. Wish I'd sought help here long ago when I first started JM. I didn't know you could combine gems til I came here...you can imagine the hard time I had getting thru some levels, haha. F.r.u.s.t.r.a.t.i.o.n! Speaking of timed levels & doom jewels, I just passed 105 (yay!) Still have energy but resting my pounding heart, lol!

Good luck on 162!

thx!!! yea i remember on some levels the time on the clock would gradually increase for us as we were playing, bc a few of us were stuck. and also on level 103 they were changing the # of moves. and even on level 131, used to have like only 3 colors of jewels, but then they changed it to 4 colors. so the parameters definitely change a bit, but i think they change it to benefit us (and them of course :p). they want to make it challenging enough but not impossible.

sigh... i'm burning through another round of 5 energies on level 162 yet again. i really don't know how to get passed this. i'm thinking of resorting to enlisting the help of another set of hands?? lol

ok hope you blaze your way over here soon ;)

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 03:42 PM
OMG I JUST PASSED LEVEL 162!!! with my last energy!! 8 seconds left on the clock!! this round not that many extra doom jewels dropped in, but for at least like 7-10 rounds previously i had loads of doom jewels dropping in. ok just unlocked the next island.. gonna create a thread but i have to wait about an hour to see what it's like

SO EXCITED! :D

OpeningCeremony
05-03-13, 05:24 PM
also another note about the flames. they seem to not spread past a crate, but they will spread to a jewel or a black jewel. (meaning, the jewel or black jewel will turn into a flame)

buzzlebub
05-13-13, 06:00 PM
Level 162 is such a pain! Feel like giving up coz it's such a short game before the doom jewels explode in 20secs! I'm busy clearing the doom jewels rather than fighting fire. Might as well do without the fire since they have no purpose in this level.

OpeningCeremony
05-14-13, 12:18 AM
Level 162 is such a pain! Feel like giving up coz it's such a short game before the doom jewels explode in 20secs! I'm busy clearing the doom jewels rather than fighting fire. Might as well do without the fire since they have no purpose in this level.

I feel your pain. I just reached 162 on my other account and its a level I was dreading going back to. It took me several tries but I somehow passed it, which was a relief. You'll get a good board soon with easier matches and less doom jewels dropping in. Don't give up!

mlove30
05-20-13, 08:56 AM
Do you all use boosters when you do these? Any of these.... I just started 157.

OpeningCeremony
05-20-13, 12:24 PM
Do you all use boosters when you do these? Any of these.... I just started 157.

i personally don't use boosters but i can see how they can be helpful. on the digging levels sometimes there is a boost that will dig through a meter of the brick and is offered for coins. but i don't always get close to the bottom so it'd be a waste of coins for me. and if you do happen to change your mind and decide you want/need the boost once the level starts, the cost turns into gold.. haha. so i just ignore the boosts and try to pass without them. but for the fire levels in abode ablaze, looks like it's mostly the reshuffle and that activator of special jewels that is offered for coins. i don't even know if that'd be helpful? hum actually the activator of special jewels might be useful, because i've had a blaster land in the perfect spot but i didn't have any other matching color jewels to activate it. darn.. maybe i'll try it out in a future fire level :) it'd be especially handy in those levels that have gaps on the board that make it difficult to target fires directly.

mlove30
05-20-13, 08:03 PM
i personally don't use boosters but i can see how they can be helpful. on the digging levels sometimes there is a boost that will dig through a meter of the brick and is offered for coins. but i don't always get close to the bottom so it'd be a waste of coins for me. and if you do happen to change your mind and decide you want/need the boost once the level starts, the cost turns into gold.. haha. so i just ignore the boosts and try to pass without them. but for the fire levels in abode ablaze, looks like it's mostly the reshuffle and that activator of special jewels that is offered for coins. i don't even know if that'd be helpful? hum actually the activator of special jewels might be useful, because i've had a blaster land in the perfect spot but i didn't have any other matching color jewels to activate it. darn.. maybe i'll try it out in a future fire level :) it'd be especially handy in those levels that have gaps on the board that make it difficult to target fires directly.

Thank you!! I was just curious. :)

Phaedrakiki
05-20-13, 09:58 PM
i personally don't use boosters but i can see how they can be helpful. on the digging levels sometimes there is a boost that will dig through a meter of the brick and is offered for coins. (...)the reshuffle and that activator of special jewels that is offered for coins.(...)

You have boosts available for coins on that island? Do you have them on some of the lower island levels, like anywhere from 100 thru 140? Just wondering, cuz on my device all boosts are for gold on these levels. I have over a million coins & nothing to spend them on. Even though I don't buy boosts (yet, anyway--might have to someday,) I've wished they w

Phaedrakiki
05-20-13, 10:06 PM
Oops, I accidentally submitted that early. I was just going to say...I wished they'd let you convert coins to gold, if you wanted. Or, have more boosts for coins. Even if the exchange rate/cost was high, it'd be better than having them have no use at all... I have accidentally pressed buttons that sold coins in the past. And I wondered, why would you buy coins for this game? Am I missing something? :confused:

OpeningCeremony
05-20-13, 10:18 PM
You have boosts available for coins on that island? Do you have them on some of the lower island levels, like anywhere from 100 thru 140? Just wondering, cuz on my device all boosts are for gold on these levels. I have over a million coins & nothing to spend them on.

On average I have 2 out of the 4 available boosts (offered before you start the level) that are offered for coins and the rest is for gold. Sometimes it's 1/4, 3/4 and sometimes none. But usually 2/4. So I think that's what people use their coins on. The boosts are expensive usually 100-300k in coins, so coins can dwindle quickly if you use boosts often.

Oops, I accidentally submitted that early. I was just going to say...I wished they'd let you convert coins to gold, if you wanted. Or, have more boosts for coins. Even if the exchange rate/cost was high, it'd be better than having them have no use at all... I have accidentally pressed buttons that sold coins in the past. And I wondered, why would you buy coins for this game? Am I missing something? :confused:

Hmm converting coins to gold... It'd prob be a really bad rate if they implemented this. And are you sure your boosts aren't for coins sometimes (before you click play and use an energy)? I know my boosts all cost gold once I start the level and I decide that I want to buy one.

Phaedrakiki
05-20-13, 11:48 PM
I went back and looked at every level back to 100 (forty levels.) None of the per-start boosts are for coins. Only gold. Wonder why the difference? Are you using the current version of JM? I recently reinstalled, so know mine is pretty up-to-date. :confused: If that's not it, they must try different things on different players...

Phaedrakiki
05-20-13, 11:50 PM
Oops, auto-correct got me--that's "pre-start" boosts...

OpeningCeremony
05-20-13, 11:53 PM
I went back and looked at every level back to 100 (forty levels.) None of the per-start boosts are for coins. Only gold. Wonder why the difference? Are you using the current version of JM? I recently reinstalled, so know mine is pretty up-to-date. :confused: If that's not it, they must try different things on different players...

Not sure if I'm updated but my boost costs have always been this way. But I know TL sometimes has varying costs for different players in my experience with them on their other games. When I used to play bubble mania my boost costs were similar, some for coins and some for gems.

Phaedrakiki
05-21-13, 01:12 AM
The only reason I asked about version is, wondering if it's a new thing they're doing. If so, don't update--or spend your coins first, lol! ;) I spot-checked some lower levels (under 50) and some have 1 or 2 coin boosts. But yeah, most are gold. Prob as you say, just a different-players thing... :confused:

OpeningCeremony
05-21-13, 11:52 AM
The only reason I asked about version is, wondering if it's a new thing they're doing. If so, don't update--or spend your coins first, lol! ;) I spot-checked some lower levels (under 50) and some have 1 or 2 coin boosts. But yeah, most are gold. Prob as you say, just a different-players thing... :confused:

just checked and yep i am updated. you don't need to use the boosts anyway ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-21-13, 01:38 PM
True, lol! But looking at some of the challenging levels ahead of me, I might need some help eventually. It would be nice to have a use for these coins that are just building up (and seem to be growing much faster lately? :confused:) Oh well, no worries. Will cross that bridge... :D

Gardienn
05-26-13, 03:23 PM
OK... just started this island and I'm really struggling to extinguish the fire. The board may not be timed, but the fire makes it that way. Ugh. But it's good to have a challenge.

Phaedrakiki
05-28-13, 08:25 PM
(...) ok hope you blaze your way over here soon ;)

I made it! Not exactly soon, though... (a month later, lol) ;)

OpeningCeremony
05-28-13, 08:30 PM
I made it! Not exactly soon, though... (a month later, lol) ;)

Yay congrats! Let me know if I have to call the fire department for back up ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-28-13, 10:24 PM
Passed my first fire level on the first try. Yay! Must've had a lucky board. But it's kinda scary the way the fire spreads. Never had to worry about glass fixing itself, or digging levels going in reverse! :eek: It's def gonna take some getting used to. Here's a screen shot of 157:

Aileeniweeni's already left some good advice for this level...

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 02:00 AM
Level 157: Oopsy on my last post, lol... 53 moves to clear the blaze~ (Fighting fires is fun!)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/51ba368e-1fbb-43b8-9b48-d9873d9e7ac4_zpse6a40323.jpg

Level 158: 45 moves to extinguish 6 flames (all 6 jewel colors.) Fire starts rising on both sides, but is held-in by the crates. Once the crates are "breached" though, the fire will spread further (if not stopped.)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/84fcb2c8-7503-43bc-8c15-4961429d223c_zpsb86a8241.jpg

This one took me 3 tries, I think. Got down to 1 flame so many times, but that last one is so hard to get!!! And if you don't extinguish, the fire just keeps building...

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 02:08 AM
Oh, yeah. I meant to say that sometimes it's tough to find good matches. I was so bummed when I had to waste a perfectly good diamond here. There were no jewels nearby that matched the ones near the fires, and it was the only move I had:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/0921334f-8089-495d-b967-932fb736906e_zpse33413c4.jpg

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 02:24 AM
Level 159: 53 moves to extinguish 12 flames. I think I passed this one on the first try. I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the moves fire levels. You can actually strategize a bit...lots of fun!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/4d62b89c-2b2e-427d-8e22-1252d49cd60e_zps4ae70995.jpg

Now, the timed fire levels on the other hand (smh)...

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 02:43 AM
Level 160: OK, 1:30 to put out 21 flames. Hard to make matches, much less the special jewels needed to put those puppies out! That little window really messes things up...

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/5b1a7edf-132e-4a0b-a21a-29284f9fccd0_zpsfe620940.jpg

This is really difficult for me. On all my attempts so far (save 1,) I've only managed to keep the fire from spreading into the top area. When time runs out, I'm practically right where I started! Help! :confused: :mad: Once I got about half of the bottom area out. But time was up so soon...before I could match the jewels in the bottom area to extinguish the rest~

Phaedrakiki
05-29-13, 02:48 AM
I went back and looked at every level back to 100 (forty levels.) None of the (pre)-start boosts are for coins. Only gold. (...)

Hmmm...somewhere in the last island or two, I started having coin boosts offered again. Must've just been a dry spell for coins in that range I mentioned (levels 100 - 140.) Guess I will have something to spend my coins on, if it comes to that... ;)

pastasplace
05-29-13, 06:11 AM
Phaedrakiki - can't help, just sympathising with you! I'm stuck on level 160 too - like you say, that little window really messes with the options you have! There don't seem to be enough opportunities to make blasters bombs and diamonds - this isn't just down to the layout, but I'm getting some really pants jewel arrangements.

One time, I got lucky and managed to make 2 bomb/blaster combos in quick succession, which cleared the middle section of the lower part of the board, but the two ends still had flames, and they quickly spread... There's not enough depth to make horizontal blasters in the lower section, and the colours are difficult to match in the lower section, because the fire spreads and you lose space!

I'm getting frustrated by the fire levels - and the timed levels even more so! it's like the oil slick things on bubble mania... Any fire dousing tips gratefully received!

Wollstonecraft
05-29-13, 11:50 AM

I just cleared this level and Then the game crashed! When I reopened the game it doesn't register that I beat level 162. Does any one know if there is anything I can do about this problem. The level was a giant pain in my behind and took many, many, many tried to clear. I don't want to have to do it again! :(

OpeningCeremony
05-29-13, 12:02 PM
Hmmm...somewhere in the last island or two, I started having coin boosts offered again. Must've just been a dry spell for coins in that range I mentioned (levels 100 - 140.) Guess I will have something to spend my coins on, if it comes to that... ;)

Don't do it! Haha. You don't need boosts trust me. Unless you want to deplete your coins :p very weird how your boosts costs are tho.

And it looks like you have 1:30 on level 160 now. Sounds luxurious compared to 1:00 before. You won't be stuck until you get to 162. That one is a pain! But you are moving along quickly! :D

OpeningCeremony
05-29-13, 12:04 PM
I just cleared this level and Then the game crashed! When I reopened the game it doesn't register that I beat level 162. Does any one know if there is anything I can do about this problem. The level was a giant pain in my behind and took many, many, many tried to clear. I don't want to have to do it again! :(

Oh man that sucks! You can try emailing TL support ... But I don't know if they can do anything for you. :/ I remember 162 and that one was a headache to pass for sure :(

Wollstonecraft
05-29-13, 01:49 PM
Oh man that sucks! You can try emailing TL support ... But I don't know if they can do anything for you. :/ I remember 162 and that one was a headache to pass for sure :(

:( that's what I figured. Dealing with support is probably going to be a big pain in the behind too. So, guess I will just do it all over again. Thanks for the reply.

OpeningCeremony
05-29-13, 01:54 PM
:( that's what I figured. Dealing with support is probably going to be a big pain in the behind too. So, guess I will just do it all over again. Thanks for the reply.

yea i think they'd say something about sync error being out of their control, blah blah. i think the next time you pass level 162, take a screen shot just in case. so if it crashes again you have proof :) good luck!!

skeleton25
05-29-13, 07:38 PM
Level 159: 53 moves to extinguish 12 flames. I think I passed this one on the first try. I gotta say, I'm really enjoying the moves fire levels. You can actually strategize a bit...lots of fun!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/4d62b89c-2b2e-427d-8e22-1252d49cd60e_zps4ae70995.jpg

Now, the timed fire levels on the other hand (smh)...
Wow first try?....how???
I've been stuck here all day
Please give me tips
Thanks

pastasplace
05-30-13, 01:56 AM
I'm up to level 161.... By a complete fluke, I got two magic diamond thingies next to each other... Thinking that surely that would sort everything, I swapped them with each other... Nothing! I didn't have any jewels in the lower section, so it was a complete waste of diamonds... Just as a warning in case anyone else might be tempted to try!

skeleton25
05-30-13, 08:15 AM
Yeah finally beat 159 now to 160 once I get energy

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 03:07 PM

I had the same problem a few islands ago. Luckily, it wasn't a tough level to beat, so I just did it again. But in your case, maybe you should contact support. Unless you've passed it again already.

Anyway, just wanted to say I feel for you; that really sucks! I was just stuck on 160 for awhile, so when I beat it, I took a screenshot (JIK, lol!) Hope you've beat 162 again, and you've moved on to the next island! :)

Good luck,
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 03:12 PM
Yeah finally beat 159 now to 160 once I get energy

Congratulations!!! Sorry I didn't get back to you in time with tips (I don't remember how I passed exactly, anyway lol. I think it was blaster + bomb, then a diamond on its own...) Best of luck on 160...that one is tough. Try not to get frustrated. You'll eventually get a board where it all comes together.

I'm up to level 161.... (...)I got two magic diamond thingies next to each other... (...)I swapped them with each other... Nothing! (...) it was a complete waste of diamonds... Just as a warning in case anyone else might be tempted to try!

Hurray! Congrats on that! Thanks for mentioning you were stuck, too. (It helped me to know I wasn't alone, lol.) I just passed it myself! That level was horrible. Most of the time I could only make silly little 3-matches and watch the board reshuffle! So frustrating. I finally got a blaster + bomb combo, then actually had some matches in the bottom that kept the flames from spreading. I had about 4 flames left when the final countdown started. Then I made a diamond, right next to a blaster! I combined them, and hoped it would get those last flames. It did, thank God. Whew!

I'm not excited that 161 is also timed, but I sure am glad I'm finally there (and you, as well...) Thanks also for the info about swapping 2 diamonds. I guess it makes sense, since it clears all jewels on screen. But for such a rarity (2 diamonds side-by-side,) you'd think it would help with fire, too!!!

Good luck to you both!
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 04:15 PM
Don't do it! Haha. You don't need boosts trust me. (...) very weird how your boosts costs are tho.

And it looks like you have 1:30 on level 160 now. Sounds luxurious compared to 1:00 before. (...) :D

Don't worry...I'm not using my coins. I'm just glad I have the opportunity, lol! Don't know how it happened, but I now have "coin" boosts available between those levels I mentioned (from 100 to 139.) I checked them one-by-one back when we first discussed it, and there were none. Very odd! :confused:

Oh, and I gotta tell ya--that 1:30 did not feel luxurious! Felt awful--and fast! :p Well actually, it wasn't the speed. It was the lack of matches & special jewel-making opportunities. The board just kept reshuffling all the time, or only having 3-match after 3-match available. K, I'll stop...I suppose I've complained enough, lol. (Besides, sounds like I'll be complaining again on 162, according to prev. posts!) I wonder if they messed with the jewel colors in 160 between then and now? Maybe they added some time and a jewel color? Oh, well...I'm finally past it, Hallelujah! ;)

Good luck,
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 06:58 PM
Level 161: 2:15 to extinguish 12 flames (5JC.) The fire is in a practically-unreachable area at the bottom, with 2 triple-boarded crates and 2 black boxes separating it from the main board. More black boxes fall periodically.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/07b189c3-a3d5-4bda-bc93-0c0a8965495e_zpsae8261d3.jpg

The crates also keep the fire from spreading, but hopefully once they're gone, you'll have some specials handy to blast away down there. It def seemed easier to make special jewels on this level. On my 2nd (or was it 3rd?) try, I was able to combine a blaster + bomb in the lower section! I was so excited, knew that was gonna get me past. Got 3 stars, too! Unfortunately, now it's time for the evil level, 162... :eek:

Wish me luck, lol
Phaedrakiki

Phaedrakiki
05-30-13, 07:10 PM
Level 162: This level is evil! 2:00 to clear 4 flames--sounds easy, right? Then add 4 doom jewels with very short fuses...20 seconds. Not so easy. But wait...the doom jewels keep dropping! All with little, itty-bitty timers. Evil! Ugh. I'm gonna be here a loooooooooooooong time....... There are 4 crates in place, I suppose to keep the fire at bay while battling the doom jewels. I'm guessing because I haven't got past the first few doom jewels yet, so I don't know how fast the fire grows.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/a491e462-c75c-4374-9dce-24e7c4979c4e_zps8ad99e39.jpg

Good luck (wishing it to myself, too,)
Phaedrakiki

pastasplace
05-31-13, 02:14 AM
Good luck! I'm on 162 as well now... I've had about 12 attempts so far (I really wish the energy refill time was a half hour per go- but then I'd waste more time on this, so maybe best not!) and most of the time I get about 20 seconds of play each time!

Once I had 49 seconds left on the clock, but each time I'm just spending the time dealing with the timed jewels, and not even noticing the flames!

Glad you got through the previous levels pretty speedily. I think that for me these levels are more down to luck than previous levels, which I don't like as much. Looking forward to moving of flame levels already!

Phaedrakiki
05-31-13, 02:58 AM
Thanks, pastasplace! Good luck to you, too! Yeah, I've had lots of 20 second tries, as well. This level is insane! I actually got all the way through the 2 min. once, but the fire was out of control. One other time, I had a ton of special jewels & I was down to two flames. But a doom jewel got me before I could finish. If only I could combine the good parts of those tries... ;) I agree with you about the energy--I always hate the 1-hr. charge time more when playing doom jewel levels. And these short :20 timers are the worst ever! Well, good luck, again...may you soon ship off to Volcanic Ruins island. (I wanna come with, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
05-31-13, 03:31 PM
There goes another round of 5 energies in <1 min. I hate level 162!!! :mad: I agree with something said earlier in this thread...it would still be challenging with slightly fewer doom jewels, or longer timers, or 1 less color of jewel, etc. It doesn't need to be that ridiculously difficult. There's nothing fun about it, at least not to me!

jaynesce
05-31-13, 03:59 PM
I beat 162 in 11 seconds by some crazy miracle of combining a blaster and a diamond. I was so stunned when it ended lol. But I only got one star and now the next island is locked. Ugh

OpeningCeremony
05-31-13, 04:07 PM
I beat 162 in 11 seconds by some crazy miracle of combining a blaster and a diamond. I was so stunned when it ended lol. But I only got one star and now the next island is locked. Ugh

looks like you need to go back to any previous level that is either at 1 or 2-stars and if you bump your record up a star, maybe the next island will unlock. i know you need a certain amount of total stars to unlock islands. so just keep improving your stars and it should unlock soon. have fun! :)

OpeningCeremony
05-31-13, 04:09 PM
There goes another round of 5 energies in <1 min. I hate level 162!!! :mad: I agree with something said earlier in this thread...it would still be challenging with slightly fewer doom jewels, or longer timers, or 1 less color of jewel, etc. It doesn't need to be that ridiculously difficult. There's nothing fun about it, at least not to me!

yea i remember this very vividly :'( i think i had the same experience as jaynesce when i passed it, it surely felt like a miracle! you'll get it soon phaedrakiki! i'm crossing my fingers for a good board for you!!

jaynesce
05-31-13, 04:22 PM
One thing I did was restart the board any time I didn't have a match with at least one of the timed jewels from the beginning... But other than that just trying to have rapid swap speed haha

mmilonga
05-31-13, 06:57 PM
I had 5 energies, collected in 5 hours. They were gone in 3 mins on the level 162. "Looking forward" to play again in the morning. 20 seconds for the first doom jewels, 15 second for the ones dropping. And most of the time i got only one possible match on the board, which takes me 10 secs to find, but there are 4 doom jewels AND they are keep falling. How did you guys manage to pass 162?

Phaedrakiki
05-31-13, 10:55 PM

Wow, that really is a miracle! What a great level to have it happen on, too!!!

One thing I did was restart the board any time I didn't have a match with at least one of the timed jewels from the beginning. (...)

Yeah, I've been doing that, too. Hasn't worked as well for me as for you, though, lol! But if I didn't have that small "headstart"...I wouldn't even make it past 20 seconds. (Well, I still usually blow up at :20, but sometimes...) Still, though...I've only made it through the entire 2 minutes only once. 'Course I had quite the big fire going, haha! ;)

yea i remember this very vividly :'( i think i had the same experience as jaynesce when i passed it, it surely felt like a miracle! you'll get it soon phaedrakiki! i'm crossing my fingers for a good board for you!!

Thank you--need all the help I can get! Sure would love to have a "miracle" of my own, lol! :p

Phaedrakiki
05-31-13, 10:57 PM
I had 5 energies, collected in 5 hours. They were gone (...)
Hear, hear!!!

Phaedrakiki
05-31-13, 11:43 PM
Just used up another 5 energies. 162 really is over-complicated. Most of the time there's only one match on screen...I find it, the screen reshuffles...and throws a doom jewel next to the (unreachable) fire! If you're lucky enough to get past that, they should at least limit the doom jewels they dump on you. Say, for instance, you make it past the first 10 or so doom jewels, or halfway thru the level like I just did. Stop the doom jewels after a "certain point" or "X#" so we can fight the actual fire! Errrrgh! :mad: My whole body is tense--this is crazy!

pastasplace
05-31-13, 11:56 PM
I haven't passed yet, but once I used up all the time, and only had two fires! They should let me win the level for managing that! Of course, pretty much all the rest of my attempts have been 20-30 seconds of game play... Mainly frustrated by the lack of matches, then the board reshuffles, and you're stuck wasting precious seconds ascertaining where your timed jewels are, realising that there's one stuck down the bottom under the crates next to the flames, and so you're stymied. Grrr!

I'm presuming that flame spread isn't so kind as to knock out those doom jewels....

Phaedrakiki
06-01-13, 03:05 PM
Lol--they should let you pass for that. I know what you mean about lack of matches, and having the doomies fall down next to the flame (but I'm never lucky enough to have the fire spread to it in time...) I just got halfway thru the level, & was hoping I'd make it--but no. I had a visible doom jewel match to start. Made a blaster, trying to move jewels to make more doom jewel matches. Luckily, the blaster wiped out the rest of the "starting" doom jewels. I felt encouraged, and kept clearing doomies, blasting the fire, etc. Thought I was getting somewhere. Then I hit another "no match" snag. It reshuffled, and put one of the shorter-fused doom jewels next to the fire. Boom! :mad:

Good luck to you, pastasplace!

pastasplace
06-02-13, 01:22 AM
I passed! I passed! With 56 seconds left on the clock! I was my second attempt this morning, and I got three magic diamonds in reasonably quick succession, which meant I kept on top of the doom jewels, and coincidentally doused the fire at the same time! It was only when I got to one flame left did I actually stop to look a the fiery situation and discover things were going well!

I don't know if it was complete luck, or if they've changed it to make it easier to get matches... I hope it's the latter, so it's less frustrating for others...

Good luck to you too Pheadrakiki! Hope you make it to the next island soon!

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 03:23 AM
Congrat's! No, Unfortunately they haven't made it easier...just went thru two more 20 second tries before going to bed. Hopefully I'll get a really lucky board tomorrow. Good luck on the next island~ ;)

pastasplace
06-02-13, 11:50 AM
I had one go at it where I actually got less than a 20 second go! A 15 sec doom jewel dropped in on my first swap, and I only had a 17 second game! It's such a maddening level! I hope they amend it soon.

The next island isn't quite so bad, there's a brief respite from the fires in there! Although I admit I was a tad disheartened at the beginning, I got lucky on a few levels, and positively enjoyed the untimed fire free levels...

164 is a faff though. Stuck there at the mo. I'm sure you'll clear it tomorrow!

Phaedrakiki
06-02-13, 04:41 PM
Well, a fresh start did wonders...I passed 162! :D Lol, it actually had nothing to do with a fresh start--only luck. I finally got a "lucky board", as well as less doom jewels falling so I could clear some fire. I had been focusing on doom jewels & finally got caught up. Noticed the fire was out on one side, so started working on extinguishing the other side. Almost lost control of it again, because I couldn't find matches! But luckily, I was able to blast it from the side...followed by a 3-match right next to the flames. Got down to one last flame--used a diamond to wipe out a doom jewel and that last flame! Hurray!!! (I actually had four diamonds that level. Talk about luck, lol!) Anyway, guess I'll head off to Volcanic Ruins (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51132-Volcanic-Ruins-Levels-163-168) island now...

Good luck,
Phaedrakiki
P.S.: For anyone else stuck on 162...don't lose hope! I was definitely bummed-out, and felt like I'd be stuck there forever. But it finally happened for me, so it will for you, too! Just keep moving as fast as you can, watch for those doom jewels, and eventually, you'll get the perfect board that allows you to pass. Just be ready when it comes! Best of luck to you!!! :D

[Note on timed levels: I absolutely hated level 162. I was no fun at all. Now I see that the next level is timed, as well. :mad: That makes four timed levels in a row--hope it's not a new trend. If the levels are going to be mostly timed, I can't continue playing. I don't mind them occasionally, as a challenge between the fun "moves" levels. But I do mind if they're going to be more frequent. Timed levels are more of a chore for me, and they're way too stressful. It completely goes against the reason I play Jewel Mania. I know others feel the same way; I saw a poll here at the forum that shows approx. 95% of those polled dislike timed levels. :mad:

Please, please make fewer timed levels!!!]

P4TR1C14N
06-08-13, 01:05 PM
This level is not fun anymore... I am stuck already almost 2 weeks. I am considering deleting the game as it gives me frustration instead of fun.

Lvl162 is really out of range compared to any other lvl before.

pastasplace
06-09-13, 08:12 AM
Lots of sympathy P4TR1C14N! Abode ablaze is a really rotten island. I don't like fire either. It's frustrating when it's pure luck as to getting the right board, with the right jewels, and not down to any s****!

I took a little breather and went back and played a few easier levels to gain extra stars on them, and then went back to conquer the unconquerable after a break!

The next island has some frustrating levels too, but also a few that are a return to enjoyment! Good luck!

jconstilts
06-11-13, 06:53 PM
162 bites! I've only been at it a day but I'm not remotely seeming any way of passing this friggin thing! I got what I naively thought was close to finishing but that fire spreading just ****s me...literally lol it seems it's all just a matter of luck, as I've depended quite a bit on Phaedrakiki for advice/tips and here, there just aren't any to give on this level!

jconstilts
06-13-13, 06:37 AM
162 done...by pure luck, I imagine! I pretty much just concentrated on ridding doom jewels as they came and creating blasters and bombs if I caught the match. Suddenly all the fire was gone!

Phaedrakiki
06-13-13, 10:40 AM
Congrats, jconstilts! I'm sorry I didn't have any way to help you this level--as you may know, I had quite a tough time of it myself! I'm so glad you're through...excellent job! :)

artlomin
07-13-13, 08:35 PM
This island just doesn't seem that fun. I hate the fire thingies and the feeling seems to be mutual. Once you get past this, are you done with fire? Thanks to all who post hints and strategies, and the sure knowledge that it is doable since you've all done it. It's what's keeping me going.

aileeniweeni
07-13-13, 10:05 PM
This island just doesn't seem that fun. I hate the fire thingies and the feeling seems to be mutual. Once you get past this, are you done with fire? Thanks to all who post hints and strategies, and the sure knowledge that it is doable since you've all done it. It's what's keeping me going.

This region is not the end of your fire fights. Check out the Master Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?51491-Jewel-Mania-Regions-Master-Thread-(Updated-7-11-13)&p=644155&viewfull=1#post644155) and you can see pictures of each region. If you look past Abode Ablaze, you'll see regions that have fire levels. There hasn't been another exclusive fire region like Abode Ablaze though.
I will agree with you, fire levels aren't my favorite :) BUT when i get past a fire level, it feels great!!

artlomin
07-19-13, 07:01 AM
Ok, I got through and I earned more stars than usually. I actually got through 162 in one try. Thanks to prior commenters for giving me courage to know it was possible.

VGailP
08-15-13, 05:12 PM
Just used up another 5 energies. 162 really is over-complicated. Most of the time there's only one match on screen...I find it, the screen reshuffles...and throws a doom jewel next to the (unreachable) fire! If you're lucky enough to get past that, they should at least limit the doom jewels they dump on you. Say, for instance, you make it past the first 10 or so doom jewels, or halfway thru the level like I just did. Stop the doom jewels after a "certain point" or "X#" so we can fight the actual fire! Errrrgh! :mad: My whole body is tense--this is crazy!

I agree with you here,lol! It seems it took me way too long to find my way out of the secret forest :-) just to be faced with fire,lol. I have been stuck on 160 today. Seems all I can do is make 3 jewel matches and watch the fire spread. After reading some of the posts here I am dreading 162 and the doomies. This level certainly takes any fun out of it and makes me wonder why I play!

Phaedrakiki
08-15-13, 05:26 PM
Ooh, I know what you mean! But then in-between the more stressful & crazy levels are the fun, creative, exciting levels we love so much. I'm an addict--I admit it! ;) Still, I have certainly asked myself (and this forum, lol) why I play sometimes. But they keep adding new levels and game features...and it drives me (us?) to keep playing! Hang in there, VGail. This island's pretty crazy, and it's not the end of the tough fire levels. But you'll get through it, and enjoy lots of other cool stuff along the way! Good luck, firefighter!

VGailP
08-15-13, 06:58 PM
Ooh, I know what you mean! But then in-between the more stressful & crazy levels are the fun, creative, exciting levels we love so much. I'm an addict--I admit it! ;) Still, I have certainly asked myself (and this forum, lol) why I play sometimes. But they keep adding new levels and game features...and it drives me (us?) to keep playing! Hang in there, VGail. This island's pretty crazy, and it's not the end of the tough fire levels. But you'll get through it, and enjoy lots of other cool stuff along the way! Good luck, firefighter!

Gathers my hose,axe,and helmet and waits on enough energy to once again try to put out flames ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-16-13, 01:44 PM
Gathers my hose,axe,and helmet and waits on enough energy to once again try to put out flames ;)
Lol! ;)

VGailP
08-16-13, 07:35 PM
Lol! ;)

I finally made it out of there this morning,whew! I have tried 163 a couple times..lol..hopefully I can get the fire out there too..but sure not much time..although a bit more than what a lot of you that have gone before me had!

sadzolini
10-09-13, 02:23 PM
I passed level 158 and I played 159 without success. Then suddenly I was back agiain on level 158 like I didn't passed already! Did anybody have the same problem?

Phaedrakiki
10-11-13, 02:01 AM
Hi Sadzolini,
There's a thread for this issue (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?52342-Game-does-not-keep-my-record!) in the Jewel Mania | Bugs and Issues section of the forum. I've had that problem a couple times. But luckily, they were easy levels. I just replayed them and was able to move on without further problems.

However, prior to replaying, I did all the recommended "things to try first"/usual fixes (I quoted them in another thread here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56034-Jewel-mania-1-1-7-snakes&p=694617#post694617).) And the post underneath that one has additional info.

Nowadays, I force close JM daily, and my iPhone at least once a week--kind of a "preventative measure" so it doesn't happen again! ;) Good luck!

Phaedrakiki
10-11-13, 11:31 AM
I passed level 158 and I played 159 without success. Then suddenly I was back agiain on level 158 like I didn't passed already! Did anybody have the same problem?

Whoops! I didn't "reply with quote" and my response wrapped to the next page (assumed it would go right underneath orig. post.) See my response above. Good luck! :)

echbearsfan
04-14-15, 06:47 AM
I haven't gotten to that level. but I'm curious if anyone knows how to get the color jewels you want to pas through a portal?

chicklet77
03-31-16, 10:28 PM
I'm on Jewel Mania Volcanic Ruins level 163 and unable to use my bonuses bc every time I try to the game resets to the original screen. Very frustrating not being able to get beyond this round without having help from bonuses. Any ideas? Can Storm8 Support team credit free play hours? Thank you!