PDA

View Full Version : Iguana Fiesta- levels 115 - 120

omniBliss
03-28-13, 11:58 AM
The name of this level is so cute, lol. But dont let the name fool ya, I'm Already having trouble with the first level (115), smh.
It looks super easy but, I'm finding it hard bcuz there's not enough moves to complete it. It takes forever to get the bomb and blaster together so u can take out that isolated block out, not once but, twice!

Let me know if anyone has a better strategy for this level. O_o

OpeningCeremony
03-30-13, 01:37 AM
Yea I actually got all of them except one in the corner in the last column. I even finished off the isolated one. How annoying I couldn't get the one that was accessible! I don't see any good strategies besides blaster and bomb. Or diamond with the color in isolated block or diamond and blaster/bomb combo.

OpeningCeremony
03-30-13, 11:49 AM
115 wasn't as painful as some others haven been. Just got to 116 and uh... So hard. The center stone jewel that is encased is very difficult to break the glass!!! Since its timed, it's hard to manipulate the jewels to create a 4-in a row match to release the stone. There are two more encased stone jewels but they are easier to get to and they have one opening. The one in the center is somewhat isolated too so it makes it even harder!! Omni help!!

buzzlebub
03-31-13, 08:02 PM
I'm at 118 and it is really a challenge. Foresee that this will take days or weeks! There are lots of dead corners and difficult to make a stone jewel match.

buzzlebub
03-31-13, 08:06 PM
To get rid of stone jewels, what I usually do is line up 2-3 of them together and add 1-2 normal jewels and I get rid of them all at once.

omniBliss
04-01-13, 01:17 PM
I think I like level 117... To win this level u have to make LOTS of bombs, blaster, diamonds etc., really quickly (because it's timed). Although I passed it and only received 1 star, I'm def going back for 3, lol. :cool:

buzzlebub
04-02-13, 06:21 PM
Still can't beat 118. Hope they do something about it. It's getting frustrating.

OpeningCeremony
04-03-13, 10:17 AM
i've gotten 51/52 so many times on lvl 118 it's not even funny. i think they really want us to buy that glass breaking boost. but i will not bend! i never use boosts to pass a level and i don't want to start now

drookies
04-04-13, 11:11 AM
The screen doesn't scroll down while the bombs and blasters are going off... losing lots of precious time waiting for the screen to drop down. Any suggestions?

drookies
04-04-13, 11:12 AM
I think I like level 117... To win this level u have to make LOTS of bombs, blaster, diamonds etc., really quickly (because it's timed). Although I passed it and only received 1 star, I'm def going back for 3, lol. :cool:

The screen doesn't scroll down while the bombs and blasters are going off... losing lots of precious time waiting for the screen to drop down. Any suggestions?

OpeningCeremony
04-05-13, 12:46 AM
Ok I just passed 118 with 0 moves left and 1 star. Sheesh! Did pretty well on my 1st go at 119 and had like 1 or 2 glasses left. The entire board is double glassed but stone jewels and doom jewels drop in. My 2nd try, a doom jewel exploded within a few moves, I think the countdown started around 6? I can't remember. Ran out of energy so will try again in the morning.

For 117, you can't do anything about waiting for the bombs and blasters to go off so just focus on digging down and that's going to take blasters and bombs to do it. Plus you need to clear out those stone jewels. So don't really have any advice on that besides move fast :)

kinglara501
04-27-13, 01:35 PM
The annoying thing especially about 118 and to a lesser extent 119 is that you seem to only be able to move once at a time after the first 10 gos which means overrelying on the board having no matches and reshuffling.

Still its a good challenge.

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 05:24 AM
This is a cute island! Level 115: 34 glass in 39 moves, with some corners & an isolated double-glassed jewel off to the bottom right side that requires "special jewel" attention. There are 2 unbreakable (stone?) jewels at the bottom, lined up with it. You have to move/clear them to line up a blaster. Or, get lucky like me and combine a diamond with a bomb the same color as the isolated gem. It blew both glass layers! After that, it was easy! Fun level!

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 05:37 AM
116 is timed [darn :(] with 62 glass & 3 "pockets" made of short wood walls. They have unbreakable jewels in 'em, too, so this one might take me awhile... I'm not fond of timed levels, but it wasn't crazy frantic. (Probably will be if/when I pass, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
05-06-13, 11:58 PM
Ugh, been working on 116 all day (when I have energy, I mean.) It's really difficult moving/clearing the jewels in the "pockets" to get to the glass--especially the middle one. The other 2 are a little more accessible. You don't actually have to clear those unbreakables, you can swap another jewel with 'em. But you have to clear the middle one. Unless there are no matches...then a screen shuffle can help! Happened once, but the rest of the board wasn't cooperative...

I've gotten close so many times...just one or two glass left (always in a "pocket" of course!) My brain goes "limp" when that 1:15 min. timer's running--I can't think! I'm trying to start each game with matches on the bottom-left & -right sides (or restart.) This way, I often get extra matches as the gems fall in, which helps to clear glass. Makes special jewels sometimes, too. My "strategy" is to move fast, concentrating on the bottom & the 3 wall-pockets. Hope this works. (I gotta move faster!) :p

Gardienn
05-07-13, 10:15 AM
Got through 116 on first try. 118 is tricky, but similar to a previous level. Hopefully it won't take too much to get though it.

Gardienn
05-07-13, 02:05 PM
Done with this island. Woohoo!

Phaedrakiki
05-07-13, 02:22 PM
Got through 116 on first try. 118 is tricky, but similar to a previous level. Hopefully it won't take too much to get though it.

Lol! I knew you'd pass me by... (Shakes fist) ;)

Phaedrakiki
05-07-13, 04:55 PM
Got through 116 on first try. (...)

How mean, knowing I'm stuck there... (Just kidding!) Actually, more motivation to pass the darn thing! Thought my heart was gonna pound right out of my chest, that's why I'm posting & not playing right now. Got right down to last seconds there...whew!

Not happy to see 117's timed, too, but hopefully I'll pass quick (doesn't sound like posters in this thread had much trouble with it.) Plus, digging is always fun!

Phaedrakiki
05-07-13, 05:35 PM
117 has 1:40 on the clock to dig 10 levels. Lots of unbreakable/stone jewels, plus crates imbedded where you dig. Good practice for stone jewels. If it was moves vs. timed, I'd love it!! ;) But alas, it is timed, and messes w/my head (& heart.) And evidently, I need more stone jewel practice! ;) The advice from earlier in this thread's good...just gotta think/move faster. And make fewer diamond/blaster combos...& more diamond+bomb or bomb+blaster (eats less time.) Awaiting recharge...

Gardienn
05-07-13, 06:08 PM
Good plan. You'll make it. (And I must confess. My goal was to pass you. I just didn't think it'd be this soon, if at all. lol)

I find the stone jewels a nice challenge. I keep reminding myself that I don't have to eliminate them, I can often get away with shifting them aside. 122 has me now. Tough level, at least for me. You'll probably breeze right through it. lol

Phaedrakiki
05-07-13, 09:33 PM
Good plan. You'll make it. (And I must confess. My goal was to pass you. I just didn't (...)

Not long ago, when I first came to the forum, I was so motivated by people posting from levels ahead of me. It's a really good motivator--makes you want to catch up! (And passing's even better, lol!)

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 04:51 AM
Uggh, I passed 117 by the skin of my teeth. Just one star , but I'll take it. No energy to see the next level, so I'll check out 118 tomorrow. G'night!

Gardienn
05-08-13, 08:59 AM
Way to go!

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 03:06 PM
118: 52 glass in 40 moves. An earlier poster wasn't kidding about the corners--tricky layout! Took me 3 tries to get the perfect combo of jewels/special jewel opportunities. Made a diamond every time, but that doesn't cut it when it comes to unbreakables... Anyway, fun level, nice and peaceful! I made sure to start each time with moves in the harder-to reach areas--like the vertical middle sections, as well as the bottom. Don't want to waste moves here, & bottom moves help clear glass as jewels fall in...

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 03:07 PM
Way to go!

Thanks! :o

OpeningCeremony
05-08-13, 03:25 PM
118: 52 glass in 40 moves. An earlier poster wasn't kidding about the corners--tricky layout! Took me 3 tries to get the perfect combo of jewels/special jewel opportunities. Made a diamond every time, but that doesn't cut it when it comes to unbreakables... Anyway, fun level, nice and peaceful! I made sure to start each time with moves in the harder-to reach areas--like the vertical middle sections, as well as the bottom. Don't want to waste moves here, & bottom moves help clear glass as jewels fall in...

good job! wow level 118 took me FOREVER to pass! (or at least that's what it felt like... hehe). smooth sailing from there!! jk :p

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 04:57 PM
good job! wow level 118 took me FOREVER to pass! (or at least that's what it felt like... hehe). smooth sailing from there!! jk :p

Thanks! Smooth sailing sounds good, lol! ;) I know what you mean about it feeling like some levels take forever. When really it means it takes a couple days! Though I have had some loooooooongg tries at levels. Like that 1st time there were jewels separated from the main board. I was stuck at that level for a month, give or take. I didn't know about combining special jewels, so the only thing I could do was make blasters. Very difficult if you think you need 3-jewel matches to set off the blaster! And back then, I thought diamonds were pretty worthless--didn't know they got rid of the color gem you swapping with (dang, was I observant!) I finally broke down and used my coins to buy a boost (still refused to buy gold, lol)...the only one I could get blew all special jewels at once. Well, it still didn't work, so I went back to my no-boost tries, losing hope. Eventually, I passed by accident--got diamonds, I think, and won in spite of myself! Lol! Wish I'd thought to check out this forum!!!

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 05:32 PM
119: 46 jewels in 25 moves. 4 unbreakable/stone jewels in a separate area at the top (no glass,) that fall into the main board once you move, as well as a few doom jewels that drop in with regular gems. A few slightly hard to reach corners, but not bad. A nice, relaxed, fun level! Took me 2 tries (starting with boards that had moves at bottom, or restarted.)

Yay! Now on to 120, an untimed digging level! :D

OpeningCeremony
05-08-13, 06:57 PM
Thanks! Smooth sailing sounds good, lol! ;) I know what you mean about it feeling like some levels take forever. When really it means it takes a couple days! Though I have had some loooooooongg tries at levels. Like that 1st time there were jewels separated from the main board. I was stuck at that level for a month, give or take. I didn't know about combining special jewels, so the only thing I could do was make blasters. Very difficult if you think you need 3-jewel matches to set off the blaster! And back then, I thought diamonds were pretty worthless--didn't know they got rid of the color gem you swapping with (dang, was I observant!) I finally broke down and used my coins to buy a boost (still refused to buy gold, lol)...the only one I could get blew all special jewels at once. Well, it still didn't work, so I went back to my no-boost tries, losing hope. Eventually, I passed by accident--got diamonds, I think, and won in spite of myself! Lol! Wish I'd thought to check out this forum!!!

Don't you know? Diamonds are a girl's (or guy's) best friend. Lol. I also refuse to use boosts. I think why 118 is burned into my memory is because I kept clearing all the glass except for ONE!! I think TL really wanted me to use the glass breaking boost. So it just took me so many tries. I either had one of the glasses in a corner left or one of those wedged in that weird in between area. Other levels I can't remember for the life of me, like 119 as you've just described. Haha. Ok good luck and plz catch up so I'm not talking to myself in toadstool thicket. :)

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 07:08 PM
120: dig 14 levels in 40 moves. There's actually only a narrow strip of "dirt" on right/left with a wooden wall separating it from the jewels in the center. Some stone jewels throughout, which aren't "dig-friendly" unless you clear them. Can also move 'em out of the way. Got down to the last 2 rows every time, but this level seems to take careful use of moves & some luck with the perfect layout. Also, I started each time with at least one good 1st move (that touches dirt and/or clears stone jewel--or restart.) Took me 3 tries...

Phaedrakiki
05-08-13, 08:03 PM
Ok good luck and plz catch up so I'm not talking to myself in toadstool thicket. :)

Lol, do that often? ;) I hope I can catch up, but I'm not a "speedy" gal...prob why I prefer moves over timed levels. Yep, diamonds are awesome (both kinds!) Wish I'd known how useful they are in JM earlier! Those boosts look extremely tempting sometimes, especially after we got to try them out in those gift/present levels awhile back! I also believe they must "fine-tune" the levels so you need just a little extra to pass!

I hope to join you soon, but for now I'm off to Djinn Junction (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?49415-Djinn-Junction-Levels-121-126)... Whoo-hoo!

pollywahlee
05-19-13, 09:39 AM
If you get really stuck on a timed level h ave a friend play half the screen with you. You can only do it on an iPad otherwise too many fat fingers in the way. It makes the game even more fun.

Phaedrakiki
08-19-13, 02:04 AM
(...) Did pretty well on my 1st go at 119 and had like 1 or 2 glasses left. The entire board is double glassed but stone jewels and doom jewels drop in. My 2nd try, a doom jewel exploded within a few moves, I think the countdown started around 6? I can't remember. Ran out of energy so will try again in the morning. (...)

The annoying thing especially about 118 and to a lesser extent 119 is that you seem to only be able to move once at a time after the first 10 gos which means overrelying on the board having no matches and reshuffling. (...)

119: 46 jewels in 25 moves. 4 unbreakable/stone jewels in a separate area at the top (no glass,) that fall into the main board once you move, as well as a few doom jewels that drop in with regular gems. A few slightly hard to reach corners, but not bad. A nice, relaxed, fun level! Took me 2 tries (starting with boards that had moves at bottom, or restarted.) (...):D

Level 119: 46 glass in 50 moves (5JC.) Moves have doubled on this one since I first played--woohoo! So of course I wanted to play again, and increase my 1 star rating (got 3-yay!) Here's the level:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/57d62019-3eb6-4750-8e18-874c568a4790_zps200c0764.jpg
The doom jewels that drop in have short timers (6 moves,) so don't wait to clear them! If you get one stuck in one of those upper corners, make a move underneath it so it will fall into the main board (where you'll hopefully find a match to clear it.) You could also try to blast it (or any of the rows, which will also knock it out...) Like most glass & unbreakable/stone jewel levels, it's easiest to convert the stone jewels into specials first. Alternatively, break the glass in the bottom row under them--where they could end up if they drop down. If the glass is broken before they land down there, you'll avoid the problem of stone jewels lying on glass you can't break, no matter what you throw at it (even blasters, bombs, combos, etc.) This level isn't as bad as some (only 4 stone jewels,) so you can probably maneuver the stone jewels out of the way anyway, if they're sitting on glass you need to break.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/414da84d-f107-44b0-a642-4e298ccc9f74_zpsfa70b367.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/a9f8e9bd-27a9-43fe-91da-174c653b4b87_zpsc4f2484b.jpg
In the photo on the left, I'm about to convert a blue stone jewel (circled in green) into a blaster. The photo on the right shows how I almost forgot about the purple doom jewel (outlined w/orange square) while I was paying attention to the stone jewel, lol! Luckily I had the yellow blaster (blue arrow) in the right spot so I could blow the doomie away! ;)
Besides the stone jewels, the level is actually pretty straightforward...just make special jewels & combine them to clear lots of glass fast. Watch out for those doom jewels (lots of doomies seem to drop after a big combo!) If you get down to one or two glass & still have lots of moves, you may want to do some combos, create more special jewels, or just make a few matches here and there to boost your score--then break the final glass(es.) Of course, you be sure to keep up with the doomies until the last glass is broken! ;) Have fun! :D