PDA

View Full Version : Pastry Plains - Levels 91 - 96

OpeningCeremony
03-07-13, 02:27 PM
ooh this island looks delicious and cute. so far only played level 91 once and you gotta move super fast and watch out for those doom jewels! ran out of energy... can't wait to play!

ngamp
03-07-13, 06:36 PM
I'm on the same page, played 3 times yet, and found the doom jewels count down too fast! :( Yup, gotta move super fast so that almost no time to think about strategy.

graciecakes02
03-08-13, 12:09 AM
Loving new levels but I think they reduced time on level 91 to 1 min I'm sure it was 1min 10 sec last night. Anyway it's even faster now managed to get to 58 before time ran out twice and the rest of time them doom jewels ended game . Can't wait till it refills.

graciecakes02
03-08-13, 03:44 AM
Anyone done it yet? Nearest I got is 61 out of 64 .

iAyun
03-08-13, 05:52 AM
Level 91: jewel dooms are nightmare.... :(
I have played 8 times, and still can not pass level 91.. :P

graciecakes02
03-08-13, 06:21 AM
Yippee upto level93 loving new levels thanks TL .

omniBliss
03-08-13, 09:02 AM
I don't know how I did it but, I passed all levels 91-96 last night. Lol.... 3 stars in all, except the last two levels I got 2 stars.
I'm (going back and) trying to get 3stars in level 95 & 96 now and can't even pass it.

I think the jewel mania gods were with me last night, haha!

omniBliss
03-08-13, 09:15 AM
I don't know how I did it but, I passed all levels 91-96 last night. Lol.... 3 stars in all, except the last two levels I got 2 stars.
I'm (going back and) trying to get 3stars in level 95 & 96 now and can't even pass it.

Oh yea here's my screenshot. :D

OpeningCeremony
03-08-13, 11:38 AM

wow! congrats!! awesome job. i just got to level 94 but i ran out of energy because i only have one star on level 93 :( i was having a tough time with 93 for some reason. but 91 and 92 are definitely doable as long as you move fast. for 92 - don't hesitate to use the bombs on the bottom to quickly dig down. whenever i combined a diamond with a blaster, it actually isn't very helpful because you have to wait for all the blasters to clear before it will move down and it eats away at the clock.

feel free to share your tips on how you cleared 94-96 ;) i'm gonna let my energy refill to 5 before i take a crack at it.

omniBliss
03-08-13, 01:25 PM
wow! congrats!! awesome job. i just got to level 94 but i ran out of energy because i only have one star on level 93 :( i was having a tough time with 93 for some reason. but 91 and 92 are definitely doable as long as you move fast. for 92 - don't hesitate to use the bombs on the bottom to quickly dig down. whenever i combined a diamond with a blaster, it actually isn't very helpful because you have to wait for all the blasters to clear before it will move down and it eats away at the clock.

feel free to share your tips on how you cleared 94-96 ;) i'm gonna let my energy refill to 5 before i take a crack at it.

Thanks, yea I can relate that doesn't work too well on the timed levels. From what I remember, swiping a diamond and bomb, or a bomb with a blaster together works better and works really well for digging.

As for level 94, try to make a bomb, blaster, or diamond and THEN use the present, place it right next to were u already made a "boost", swipe them together. Keep doing that and you should clear it in no time.

Levels 95- use those presents mostly when you absolutely stuck maybe once or twice when you can't past the walls. Once ur past the walls. Use the presents back to back to dig ur way to complete the level.

Level 96- u got to move fast. Before the timed doom jewels explode. Dig fast and then use those presents once you get down to the doom jewels to clear em. When u get to the wooded area use a combo of boosts together to get down.
Always try to make a special jewel THEN place ur present next to it; it's "easier" that way.

Hope that helps! :cool:

ngamp
03-08-13, 11:22 PM
wow~! you guys are awesome. I'm on level 93, but I had to struggle a lot on every level. Now I was thinking level 93 is maybe not doable, and came here to check out how others are doing. LOL I gotta try harder!

kemoah
03-10-13, 10:50 AM
I can't pass level 94 this last pastry is a hard one, team lava want us to stuck for ever too hard 94 try to cut the black stuff its impossible to pas only by hard luck

ngamp
03-10-13, 10:44 PM
Oh....no.......after passing 93, now I'm stuck on 95. I think I played more than 40 times, but not even close. Omnibliss's kind tip didn't help me. I don't know if TL changed the number of presents here again, but I couldn't dig deep enough even with more than three diamonds.

omniBliss
03-11-13, 08:14 AM
Oh sorry it hasn't worked for you... Hey (I hope by telling u this, they do not "fix" this but) when you start 95, if you see your first or second move isn't a flat 3-jewel match against the dirt, restart the game until you do. If you do not touch the board, it will not take an energy. That has helped me to not to be forced to play an energy and/or waste moves at the top until I get to the dirt, which makes you run out of moves before the finish line.

OpeningCeremony
03-11-13, 04:59 PM
yay finally passed the island last night. but still working on level 96 on my alternate account. i have restarted my game before making a move in the past a few times but i always lose my energy, oh well. most of the levels on this island take more than a few tries because the time allotted or # of moves are very tight. gotta get lucky with getting good matches. but i have def come very close to clearing the level many times and if i had unlimited gold i'd easily pass the level with the extra time/moves for gold that is offered when time/moves run out. also in 95, i hate how the diamond gets randomly placed on the board, i think it got placed in an unreachable area stuck in the bricks so many times for me. grrrr

OpeningCeremony
03-11-13, 05:08 PM
yay finally passed the island last night. but still working on level 96 on my alternate account. i have restarted my game before making a move in the past a few times but i always lose my energy, oh well. most of the levels on this island take more than a few tries because the time allotted or # of moves are very tight. gotta get lucky with getting good matches. but i have def come very close to clearing the level many times and if i had unlimited gold i'd easily pass the level with the extra time/moves for gold that is offered when time/moves run out. also in 95, i hate how the diamond gets randomly placed on the board, i think it got placed in an unreachable area stuck in the bricks so many times for me. grrrr

oops i mean level 96. maybe 95 does that too.. i forgot already haha

maian30
03-12-13, 07:30 PM
Level 93 is super hard any tips on how to beat it?? I don't use the before game power ups nor do I buy or use extra gold. Any tips would be much appreciated thanks! Also has anyone else flipped 2 diamond jewels and seen the old guy come on the screen?

ngamp
03-12-13, 09:39 PM
Wow, thanks omnibliss! That trick works for me. :) You're a genius~ haha

OpeningCeremony
03-13-13, 05:01 PM
along with the addition of a new island, looks like they added challenges to Pastry Plains.

Wollstonecraft
03-23-13, 06:57 AM
Ok experts how do you beat level 96? It's proving impossible for me so far.

Wollstonecraft
03-25-13, 12:17 PM
And what is with the doom jewels starting the countdown before I can evensee them on my screen? Any one else have this issue?

OpeningCeremony
03-25-13, 12:36 PM
And what is with the doom jewels starting the countdown before I can evensee them on my screen? Any one else have this issue?

before the level begins, it scrolls from the bottom to the top and you can see how much time is on the doom jewel when time starts. so just make sure to reach that area w/in that allotted time so it won't explode on you. but yea you just have to know that they're there and hurry to get to them :/

fitfunsparkle
03-26-13, 07:47 PM
Level 96 is just ridiculous!

mmilonga
03-27-13, 05:41 PM
96 is ridiculous! So I can't remove the doom jewels with a bullet, because those doom jewels are NOT visible on the board, but the timer on them is active even though they are not on the board! I tried this level maybe 20 + times. I stopped trying now. Playing some of the older levels sometimes, just for FUN. Remember FUN, Team Lava? Lol!

fitfunsparkle
04-02-13, 10:17 AM
Well, 96 is the end for me. Played it a few times but i no longer enjoy the game and am uninterested in trying anymore. Maybe i will come back to it in six months or so. I really dislike doom jewel levels and the fact that most times i get to play for only a minute before it is over.

bfflauren4ever
04-09-13, 08:20 PM
I HATE level 96!! I wish we could just skip a level now and again. I love Jewel Mania, and would be sad to not play any longer. But I just don't think 96 is achievable for me. Those doom jewels...grrrrr!!

Phaedrakiki
04-12-13, 02:24 AM
Just started this island, (91 is fast, too!) and was disappointed & upset to see doom jewels are back! I absolutely hate them! What mmonga said is true-- this is supposed to be FUN! I get so upset about those doomies (& dudes evil laugh, lol) that I'm not enjoying the game at all...

bfflauren4ever
04-13-13, 04:46 PM
I just beat level 96!! After I cleared all the first row of doom jewels, I paused the game, took a few deep breaths, and started it again. An easy way to get the lower rows cleared quickly is whenever you get one of the arrow jewels (I don't remember the name) use the gift bomb and swipe the two, and it will clear everything off the screen. I happened to have 4 or 5 of he gift bombs, so I was able to blow through all the rows beneath the lower doom jewels very quickly. The trick was to have the arrow jewel on the first or second row before you put the bomb next to it. It is a frustrating level for sure! Every so often you just get the right combination on your screen, and luckily that happened today!

Phaedrakiki
04-15-13, 03:33 PM
Level 93 is super hard any tips on how to beat it?? I don't use the before game power ups nor do I buy or use extra gold. Any tips would be much appreciated thanks! Also has anyone else flipped 2 diamond jewels and seen the old guy come on the screen?

Hi! I'm still on 92, so I don't have any tips on 93 for you (Sorry!) 😉 But I have seen the old guy you mentioned...I was surprised the 1st time, lol (actually only done it 3/4 times...) When you flip 2 diamonds it clears all jewels on the screen...

Phaedrakiki
04-15-13, 03:41 PM
wow! congrats!! .... 91 and 92 are definitely doable as long as you move fast. for 92 - don't hesitate to use the bombs on the bottom to quickly dig down. whenever i combined a diamond with a blaster, it actually isn't very helpful because you have to wait for all the blasters to clear before it will move down and it eats away at the clock. ...

Thanks, aileeniweeni...This is super helpful, and I know it's going to help me pass 92. Just taking a little breath--some of the timed levels make the ol' heart race a bit! Whew!

OpeningCeremony
04-15-13, 05:01 PM
Thanks, aileeniweeni...This is super helpful, and I know it's going to help me pass 92. Just taking a little breath--some of the timed levels make the ol' heart race a bit! Whew!

great you'll pass in no time! yea i know what you mean about these timed levels. i feel frantic sometimes ahaha

Phaedrakiki
04-17-13, 01:57 PM
great you'll pass in no time! yea i know what you mean about these timed levels. i feel frantic sometimes ahaha

Passed it (93 & 94, too!) Your tips as well as others in this thread are super helpful. 95 is a bit tricky, but I just almost passed --just 2 tiles left (ouch!) I'm gonna enjoy this level, though...'cause it sounds like 96 is going to hurt (hate doom jewels!) and take me awhile...

3rdfoundation
04-27-13, 06:13 AM
96 is really really hard. You just have to get lucky. a lot.

I got close earlier this week (2 blocks left) but I just cant seem to beat it. You have to get a quick start, be able to hold onto the diamonds until you see the first row of bombs, take them out and race forward. It is really demorlizing to get to the thru all the junk at the top and still have to work your way thru a bunch of layers to the bottom.

artlomin
04-27-13, 08:07 AM
I've managed to take out the first row of bombs on 96 with a blaster but then I can never get down to see the next row. For me 91 was a beast. I got through the next four levels in a few days and I'm expecting 96 to be a ****er. Here's hoping for some luck.

Phaedrakiki
08-16-13, 09:49 PM
(...) As for level 94, try to make a bomb, blaster, or diamond and THEN use the present, place it right next to were u already made a "boost", swipe them together. Keep doing that and you should clear it in no time. (...) Always try to make a special jewel THEN place ur present next to it; it's "easier" that way. (...):cool:

Level 94: Break 62 glass in 70 moves (5JC-jewel colors used.) I replayed this level to get 3 stars, so I thought I'd add a photo/info. OmniBliss' reminder about using the gift boosts (blasters) with special jewels you've already made yourself is important, so I'm quoting it here. It can really expand the power of your gifts--you *only* get four. This level also has black jewels, kind of held in place by wooden walls, and "surprise" doom jewels that fall in occasionally. Here's a screenshot of the level as it is now (didn't get a pic back when I orig. played.):

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/52866a51-adf7-4b22-9760-4fbe1803a3ce_zps0692ac28.jpg
The gift blasters (row/horizontal blasters) are especially awesome to use with bombs or diamonds you make yourself. To use one, just tap your finger on the boost's icon at the bottom right of the screen, then tap a jewel next to the special jewel you made. Then swap the two for powerful glass-breaking! These screenshots show a round I played where I had a reshuffle that moved the black jewels all over, where they got in the way. I made a bomb, and wanted to use it with one of the gift boosts in a combo. The blaster + bomb's T-shaped blast would be perfect to wipe out most of the black jewels, as well as some doom jewels, too.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/f0167321-fd34-4e31-a3e4-68ed2b49a3aa_zps3e1663af.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/2f090be9-dceb-435b-acfd-a5ebe0cc2123_zpsa4f6ce48.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/c556d076-c7ab-495c-b8ea-10424f9acfd2_zpsdd871394.jpg

The 1st photo shows the yellow bomb (in a green circle) & the blaster boost icon (circled in pink at the bottom.) To use the boost, touch your finger to its icon, then press it to a jewel on the board. In the 2nd photo, you can see I chose the blue jewel to the right of the bomb. It's now a blue row/horiz. blaster (circled in green.) Then swap the blaster and bomb. The 3rd pic shows most of the black jewels gone in one move! You may also have noticed it blasted another gift, and added it to the boost icon at the bottom.
I'm also using the 3rd photo in a "for example." Say the T-blast left a few black jewels, and you wanted to get rid of some more. If you didn't have any bombs or diamonds for a "big" combo, you could still use a regular match to detonate. You could use one of your gift blaster boosts to change the green-circled blue jewel into a blue row blaster. Then you could make the swap designated with the red double arrow. It would take out the entire row (w/black arrows at the end.) You'd get rid of a doom jewel and two black jewels all at the same time.
Anyway, good luck! I know there are more difficult levels here in Pastry Plains (like 91 & 96) but I'm only 3-starring moves levels for now--my faves! ;)

Phaedrakiki
10-30-13, 11:27 PM
Ok experts how do you beat level 96? It's proving impossible for me so far.

Level 96 is just ridiculous!

96 is ridiculous! So I can't remove the doom jewels with a bullet, because those doom jewels are NOT visible on the board, but the timer on them is active even though they are not on the board! (...)

I HATE level 96!! I wish we could just skip a level now and again. (...) I just don't think 96 is achievable for me. Those doom jewels...grrrrr!!

I've managed to take out the first row of bombs on 96 with a blaster but then I can never get down to see the next row. (...) Here's hoping for some luck.

Lots of complaints about the difficulty of level 96. There's also some good advice:

(...) From what I remember, swiping a diamond and bomb, or a bomb with a blaster together works better and works really well for digging. (...)
Level 96- u got to move fast. Before the timed doom jewels explode. Dig fast and then use those presents once you get down to the doom jewels to clear em. When u get to the wooded area use a combo of boosts together to get down.
Always try to make a special jewel THEN place ur present next to it; it's "easier" that way. (...)

96 is really really hard. You just have to get lucky. a lot. (...) You have to get a quick start, be able to hold onto the diamonds until you see the first row of bombs, take them out and race forward. It is really demorlizing to get to the thru all the junk at the top and still have to work your way thru a bunch of layers to the bottom.

I just beat level 96!! After I cleared all the first row of doom jewels, I paused the game, took a few deep breaths, and started it again. An easy way to get the lower rows cleared quickly is whenever you get one of the arrow jewels (I don't remember the name) use the gift bomb and swipe the two, and it will clear everything off the screen. I happened to have 4 or 5 of he gift bombs, so I was able to blow through all the rows beneath the lower doom jewels very quickly. The trick was to have the arrow jewel on the first or second row before you put the bomb next to it.(...)

Level 96: Dig 15 meters in 5:45 (5JC.) I was looking at some of the quotes, talking about how difficult this was. I remember playing this a long time ago, and it was quite difficult--took a few days to pass. So I decided to try it again, and combine all the info about this level into one post (and see if I could get 3 stars in the process--only had 1.)

There are lots of doom jewels on this one, as well as wooden walls, crates, and gifts/presents. There's a row of crates right at the start line, which you'll have to bust through quickly to start digging. Then the doom jewels--there's a row of them with 1:30 on their timers at the 3-meter line, then another row of 'em at 7 meters (2:15 timers.) They have little walls between them, so you can't match them side-to-side. Luckily, they give you a couple of gifts to help--2 diamonds. You also get more gifts, after you get past the doom jewels (free bomb boosts.)

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/JM%20120%20and%20under/a74c0028-25e8-4db0-8868-7fa93dd549e3_zpsbef26a1a.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/JM%20120%20and%20under/0bb5d86e-f118-4b4d-9fbd-2b03b4d37d17_zps792cef0f.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/JM%20120%20and%20under/8839db85-32bf-4810-b64e-02df4f8d22f9_zps4ab55c09.jpg
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/JM%20120%20and%20under/751d3a7a-6c94-4603-89aa-b0df33397688_zpsed3fdba2.jpg

Use the diamonds to help clear the doom jewels, but don't combine a diamond + blaster--it takes too long for all the blasters to detonate. It's actually pretty easy to make diamonds and other special jewels on this level, so you might get even more diamonds (just swap with a doom-jewel colored jewel.) It's important to dig down quickly and clear them all...or your game is over. Once you've done that, you might want to follow the advice from bfflauren (see her quote above): pause the level and catch your breath after successfully clearing the doom jewels. My heart was about to pound out of my chest, so I tried this and it helped me calm down before moving on... ;)

Now you're on to the next "phase" of the level...the race to the end. The free gift bombs are very helpful for digging, especially to get through the large group of crates towards the bottom. As mentioned in some of the other tips quoted above, you'll want to make your own blaster or diamond, then place a bomb next to it and swipe. The blaster + bomb will produce a 3 x 3 "+"-sign shaped blast, which is very powerful digging! Keep doing this: make blaster (or diamond,) add "free" bomb next to it (or below it, depending where it is,) then swipe. All the way to the finish line! Yay! :D Then you'll hopefully see something like this:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/JM%20120%20and%20under/b338001c-2f62-4e3f-b397-12cb6987bb02_zpsbc940735.jpg

Good luck! :D

bobbyrae
02-28-14, 03:35 PM
Very helpful thread. Was about to give up on this one but...darn it...will try again.