PDA

View Full Version : Having more customers.

Unregistered
12-16-10, 10:33 PM
Is it true that having more tables and chairs will lead to having more customers coming in to your bakery? If it is true I will start buying lots of tables and chairs.

Amalah
12-16-10, 10:47 PM
Yes it's true to an extent.

The more seating you have for customers the less will leave with a broken heart and the more popular your bakery will become.

However bakery popularity can't get any higher than 100, so if you already have that there is not much point getting more tables and chairs.

Unregistered
12-19-10, 10:17 PM
Based on my observation, customers enter at about one per sec (I could be wrong, but lets start from there). Each customer needs exactly 15 seconds to eat/drink. And each plate is cleared at 10 seconds max, so average clear out time is about 5 seconds (or less). So, in those 20 seconds, 20 customers can come in, looking for table, which means you will have 20 tables occupied when 21st customer comes in. Which logically leads to concusion that maximum useful number of tables is somewhere around 25 (to allow for slow plate removal). Any more than that and tables will be just another decor.

Unregistered
12-19-10, 11:54 PM
Based on my observation, customers enter at about one per sec (I could be wrong, but lets start from there). Each customer needs exactly 15 seconds to eat/drink. And each plate is cleared at 10 seconds max, so average clear out time is about 5 seconds (or less). So, in those 20 seconds, 20 customers can come in, looking for table, which means you will have 20 tables occupied when 21st customer comes in. Which logically leads to concusion that maximum useful number of tables is somewhere around 25 (to allow for slow plate removal). Any more than that and tables will be just another decor.

I agree. I keep about 26 tables in both my restaurant and bakery, and unless I run out of food, I never have unhappy customers. I do see some vacant tables, but I keep in mind that there is usually a customer on their way there, or just left.

Unregistered
12-22-10, 11:57 AM
Also remember the more tables you have, the more chances you have of receiving tips when you're sleeping/reading/working =)

Unregistered
12-22-10, 05:50 PM
Will it help if I put the tables closer to the door so the customers take less time to walk to the table?