PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 44 challenge - 75 red jewels through portals

josiesabado
01-24-13, 08:50 PM
Has anyone beat the level 44 challenge to pass 75 red jewels though portals? Did you have a strategy or is it pure luck?

trickl
03-22-13, 07:19 PM
I'm having the same problem as well with lv 44 and lv 47 which is 25 blue jewels through the portal. I've mastered both levels and played them hundreds of times and can't seem to get those two challenges! Hopefully someone has some insight into how to improve our chances.

trickl
03-23-13, 02:35 PM
No one has any suggestions or feedback?

Phaedrakiki
04-06-13, 01:05 AM
What does that mean, anyway? How many jewels of a certain color "fall" through the portal?

Edit: I means a certain number of jewels need to flow thru the portal. Jewels get pulled from the red side (matches made under or after the red portal cause the "pull.") Then they fall or flow into the green side of the portal.

stormysonja
04-28-13, 03:11 AM
I too am stuck on 47 challenge I am hoping for a suggestion from someone

ElGatito1003
06-16-13, 01:08 PM
Same here... Has anyone an idea how to master challenges on level 44 & 47? I am stuck for a week now with 3 stars on both levels, but passing those jewels seems impossible! And all this for lousy 3 silver keys...

jackfoxxy
06-18-13, 02:41 PM
I was stuck on those challenges for a while but I have finished them both. You just play as fast as you can and try not to break the color you want to fall through, eventually it works.

k8ypie18
07-04-13, 09:59 AM
Focus more on completing the challenge and not so much on passing the level....i have got lvl 47 but still not lvl 44....with lvl 47 the longer u stay up so you can see the incoming portal the better as the jewels fall thru on all matches...as soon as you drop down and can't see the incoming portal the jewels will only pass thru for jewels that are matched from the far left only...so when you get to there the best moves to make are obviously vertical (which is not always possible) hopfully this makes sence :p

Phaedrakiki
07-04-13, 12:19 PM
Very smart, k8ypie18! Yeah, & realizing how the portal(s) work in each case will help, too. On level 47: all the jewels flow through the portal to refill prior to scrolling. But once the screen scrolls & the stairstep-thing widens, the jewels fall in as usual (except for the portal column.) So your strategy is awesome!

For 44, the columns to target are the 3rd column in on each side. This is the one that pulls the jewels through both of the portals on its side to "refill". So vertical matches in column 3 & 6 would be "best." Then any horizontal move in the middle section. These pull gems thru both portals on one side (or all portals on a 4-jewel match.) Vertical matches in columns 2 & 7 will pull 3 (or 4, 5) jewels through the 1st portal only...okay but not ideal. Avoid vertical moves in far left & right columns, or the 2 center columns (no gems will go through portals.) And remember, you don't want to clear your red jewels in the wooden areas. Wait until they get into the middle section--the 4 middle columns--so they'll count! (They'll actually only "flow" to column 3 or 6, of course.) Regarding special jewels & combos, don't detonate them if all your red jewels are still in the wooden area. They'll be wasted! Wait until they've gone through the portals before wiping them out with a blaster + bomb combo--or use it when you have no reds on-screen to get a quick jewel refill. Good luck!

daisy4yoo
11-12-14, 01:23 PM
Has anyone beaten the challenge yet? No one answered this question yet.
I tried the above-mentioned method & i still can't pass 75 red jewels in 1:20. Either, I end up clearing the level or just can't pass the 75 red jewels. For 1 key reward, it sure is a hard challenge.