PDA

View Full Version : Should we Force Close regularly?

Mylly2
01-11-13, 11:28 PM
I have just recently had to force close my Castle app due to a problem with Sir Piggie Wiggie (he couldn't be placed). I've never done that before in Castle, I've only ever done delete/reinstall app and force close my iPad when I was out of the app. My question is, should we force close an app every now and again as a safe guard to make sure the game is running at its best? I was sure I had received a shard, many months ago, but could never find it in my inventory, I thought I must of imagined getting one. Well, after I force closed yesterday, low and behold I have 2 shards in my inventory now. Maybe I had got them and during a 'sync error' 'lost' them and the recent force close refreshed everything and gave my inventory the correct items?

maguar
01-11-13, 11:36 PM
When in doubt force close and restart :)

I think the frequency can depend on your device (I'm not too techno savvy when it comes to mobile devices - I'm sure someone can provide a more specific response). I force close everything I hit something a bit weird or laggy. It's not uncommon for my game to only half process a new game day (no bonus, can't gift but last gifts show in newsfeed). I force close and hey presto back to normal. This means I'm force closing every 1 to 3 days. I really should do it daily but I get lazy and impatient with waiting for the game to load.

It's great that you found your shards.

Mylly2
01-11-13, 11:52 PM
Thanks maguar.
After having that trouble with the Old Thomas glitch in the beginning, I was starting to wonder if I had a problem with the shards too. But after reading that others hadn't got them either, I just assumed I was one of the 'unlucky' ones. I think I will force close a bit more regularly from now on, if the game seems jumpy. Thanks for your help maguar.

hmgdanielson
01-12-13, 01:20 AM
I force close my apps every time they won't be in use for 20+ minutes. It keeps the bugs away.

:)

wassupbaby
01-12-13, 02:49 AM
I force close my app every time i stop playing. Not sure if it keeps the bugs away but my game runs pretty smooth. reason is i think if i force close often, my battery will last longer.

Mylly2
01-12-13, 03:10 AM
Thank you, I will definitely force close more often now. Keeping bugs away and saving on battery life will be a big help.

arale_norimaki
01-12-13, 03:28 AM
I try to force close it when I stop playing, too. My device does like maguar's, if I don't force close before a new TL day begins I can not send gifts from the news feed, and now that everyone is complaining about sync errors I am trying to be more careful :)

dng1234
01-12-13, 08:43 AM
It also helps to close the other background apps running too. I've noticed that if there are a lot of other apps running also it slows down CS.

kooky panda
01-12-13, 08:55 AM
I always restart my device everynight before I go to bed. In the mornings when I open the games, they all load up fresh.

If I find that I start running slower during the day I will force close out all the applications running in the background and this will speed up my games. (note older apple devices , may not have this option)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPxThen you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
You are not deleting the apps just closing them out. When you have app run in the background, it takes memory and slows up the games.

If I seem to be having extra issues with the games, I will also do a hard reset.
Hold down the on/off button and home button at the same time until you see the apple sign(ignore the red slider bar).

I play on Iphone 5.

I have also found that on my iphone when my battery gets really low, my phone will slow up and not run as fast.

Mylly2
01-12-13, 02:26 PM
Thank you everyone. Kooky your instructions were helpful.