PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread

maguar
01-11-13, 04:06 PM
Vote for the items you'd like to see in your kingdom.

Is there an item/building or decoration missing? Add your suggestion here. It might be included in the next poll in two weeks time. I've love to get plenty of options to chosose from for the next poll.

If you've got a gameplay suggestion you can also add it here. Please note that these will not be included in a poll. They will be passed along.

You can also add your opinion in the thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41032-More-gifting-please) requesting more gift options and the one ("http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43015-Petition-for-an-update) requesting an update.

arale_norimaki
01-11-13, 04:34 PM
I voted for the red Flower, not because I need it, but because I think newbies, trying to build a conservatory without the option to request red petals, are going to have a VERY HARD time.

wassupbaby
01-11-13, 04:36 PM
I have lost count on how many polls i've voted. Yay another poll -.-

xtcinla11
01-11-13, 04:42 PM
Wow - what really great choices this time - It was sooo hard to pick just one. But I do remember someone's suggestion of a tailor where we could use our wool and hides, and then maybe our ink as well. But a monster that drops good goodies - YES, and a jeweler - love the new building idea. Plus a lot of fun could be had with an Archery Range. My first instinct was to go for red petals (but that's old, I'm think of new and exciting), so I went with the tailor.

maguar
01-11-13, 04:48 PM
Just for your future reference I always try to make the polls so you can select multiple items. If I haven't done this please let me know so I can fix it up.

kooky panda
01-11-13, 05:33 PM
ohh I like the mermaid lake!!

Maybe we can even battle the mermaid.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB6qwrJMhzHbwEtWV8JWJJ0yGTH1qml wgJaOLaUfhuCgn5t7RNug

maguar
01-11-13, 05:57 PM
That's one scary mermaid.

I'd actually like to get gold as a drop from mining. We could then use it to make rings or crowns which could be needed for a high level adventure.

Maybe some suits of armour for decorations? I'd like to line them up like guards.

maguar
01-11-13, 07:35 PM
I would love having a tower defence mini game. We defend our castle from hordes of monsters using towers, knights etc. it would be a great way to pass time while waiting for energy to regenerate.

kylebusch
01-11-13, 09:48 PM
Mermaid lake sounds cool

OnlyPauline
01-11-13, 10:08 PM
That's one scary mermaid.

I'd actually like to get gold as a drop from mining. We could then use it to make rings or crowns which could be needed for a high level adventure.

Maybe some suits of armour for decorations? I'd like to line them up like guards.

Great idea Maguar!

OnlyPauline
01-11-13, 10:09 PM
I would love having a tower defence mini game. We defend our castle from hordes of monsters using towers, knights etc. it would be a great way to pass time while waiting for energy to regenerate.

I love this idea too!

OnlyPauline
01-11-13, 10:11 PM
Just for your future reference I always try to make the polls so you can select multiple items. If I haven't done this please let me know so I can fix it up.

Oh! I didn't know that! so many great choices! Can I vote again please? :-)
1 vote for all! :-)

OnlyPauline
01-11-13, 10:14 PM
ohh I like the mermaid lake!!

Maybe we can even battle the mermaid.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRB6qwrJMhzHbwEtWV8JWJJ0yGTH1qml wgJaOLaUfhuCgn5t7RNug

I really like this idea too! Could the mermaid stay in the game once defeated and drop mermaid scales & glimmer dust?

OnlyPauline
01-11-13, 10:16 PM
I'd also like to see the return of the Troll King. I'd like him to walk around and drop glimmer dust, gold & gems (for our new jeweler to use)

Mylly2
01-11-13, 11:13 PM
The Magic Forge could be used for more things, like building the weapons required to fight Medusa and the Mermaid (if she needs battling).
I would like to see the forge used for making special tankards, bowls and pots to either hold/cook new recipes, new potions and to sell in the market place.
I like the idea of the armour as decorations, the forge could make those.

wassupbaby
01-12-13, 01:06 AM
Ahhhg , the pic from HP and the goblet of fire , love it.
Now i want a wizzard as a character. :D

onemansmiracle
01-12-13, 08:49 AM
Yea,I'd like having mermaid lake,I am so short of mermaid scale to make luminous essence,I have to spend more than a hundred of energies fishing my ponds every day ..

albastrea
01-12-13, 09:13 AM
Hope mermaide lake end new expansion.

The_Sicilian
01-12-13, 09:28 AM
Why doesn't TL implement the capability for us all to visit our neighbors and fight trolls for them? Or whatever. Pest is left on the. Board that's obviously causing a nuisance for our beloved neighbor..... It's a Win Win?! Or is that not the TL motto? MO?
Just an incredibly awesome ides I thought I'd throw out there

The_Sicilian
01-12-13, 09:35 AM
Now wait a minute, before I vote, does the archery range allow us to actually shoot arrows? Maybe like the dart game available in the apps for our devices? Where you flip the screen to throw the dart/arrow and if we get three bulls-eyes in a row we get a prize of our choosing, one that will help complete quests and or to further our progress in the game?

wassupbaby
01-12-13, 10:49 AM
Why doesn't TL implement the capability for us all to visit our neighbors and fight trolls for them? Or whatever. Pest is left on the. Board that's obviously causing a nuisance for our beloved neighbor..... It's a Win Win?! Or is that not the TL motto? MO?
I personally dont think its good idea and i think i've read it before. The thing is not all of us want to defeat the monsters. Some of us just want to keep it around to avoid another monster. So .... It may cause some misunderstanding

zombiefun
01-12-13, 12:52 PM
Yep, I have a guarding troll. Hate to see somebody ****ing him. He is family now.

zombiefun
01-12-13, 12:58 PM
I didn't vote because my vote goes to coal face from previous poll, but I wouldn't mind to have additional monster, like Medusa, if it comes together with big juicy update. :)

jumperjing3
01-12-13, 04:53 PM
I would like to see a glimmerdust tree..similar to the fruit trees we have now. I wouldn't even care if it costs gems! Really tired of trying to collect glimmerdust! Could you add that idea to the next poll? Thanks!

listh12
01-13-13, 07:54 AM
I voted for mermaid lake, medusa monster and archery range.
I also like the possibility to gift your neighbors a bread, noodles or something like that.

noctual
01-16-13, 10:05 AM
I agree about a tailor building to use hides, Wool, fur, etc. also more crop and cooking options, and more things you can do with the items you cook. Also an option to build both the king and queens castle would be nice. And why is there a limit on how many walls you can build?.. That seems like a silly thing to cap.

arale_norimaki
01-16-13, 10:09 AM
I agree about a tailor building to use hides, Wool, fur, etc. also more crop and cooking options, and more things you can do with the items you cook. Also an option to build both the king and queens castle would be nice. And why is there a limit on how many walls you can build?.. That seems like a silly thing to cap.
Maybe there could be a 4th adventure that required some special cothing (to be crafted by the tailor) and a new meal. This meal could use glimmerbulbs and cabbage (so far, they are useless) :)

hollister1910
01-16-13, 06:29 PM
I think one of the improvements that will be great for this game is to add horses and carriages, for example, carriages that are design to carry food through the castle (decoration carriage), other for people, and a special royal carriage, same as horse. (Decoration only) . This will have sense to the game and it will look nice.

scottyhaha
01-16-13, 09:48 PM
I just want to see update

tiggerhobbes
01-17-13, 03:42 AM
I want a bank.

Let us build a bank to keep our gems safe. Let us put designated amount of gems in the bank and only able to spend them when we go through the procedure to withdraw them into a "spending" account.

Now if we implement this I do believe we need to negotiate interest rates as well :p

Are gems fiat money or not? :p

blurbie
01-19-13, 02:08 PM
I think one of the improvements that will be great for this game is to add horses and carriages, for example, carriages that are design to carry food through the castle (decoration carriage), other for people, and a special royal carriage, same as horse. (Decoration only) . This will have sense to the game and it will look nice.

Yeah! Yeah! I would like this!!

blurbie
01-19-13, 02:09 PM
Just a question-- under the stairs is that shadow, or is that a creature habitat? I can't tell through the glimmer-gloom.

blurbie
01-19-13, 02:11 PM
I want a bank.

Let us build a bank to keep our gems safe. Let us put designated amount of gems in the bank and only able to spend them when we go through the procedure to withdraw them into a "spending" account.

Now if we implement this I do believe we need to negotiate interest rates as well :p

Are gems fiat money or not? :p

Awesome idea! I have 35 gems right now and I know they will be trickled away quickly. I wish I could share gems between TL games as there is nothing to buy in CS but my bakery could sure use them.

blurbie
01-19-13, 02:12 PM
I want to gift newbies their first glue.

magdalen4
01-19-13, 07:04 PM
As much as I enjoy collecting, questing, and succumbing to my inner completionist (!), my favorite aspect of CS is tinkering with and mixing up my kingdom's layout! Judging by the constantly changing landscape I see as I flip from between neighbors on any given day, I'd guess I'm not alone there.

Assuming an update is coming - hopefully sooner rather than later - like many of my fellow players here I have my own wish list for what would be included.

One idea that has probably been floated on the forum before but that I haven't stumbled across anywhere is: water!

Ponds (a 4-block pond option would be cool by the way - the current one is all the size of an ornamental koi pond) and wells already exist - and then of course there's the sea/ocean bounding the landmass our kingdom's occupy - but what about a more versatile single block water feature?

Specifically, I was thinking of the ability to create a canal - or some might like to use it as a moat around their castle. Naturally, a bridge decoration would go along with that, and even a drawbridge, maybe (both craftable).

That seems feasible one update out. But while we're on my "water"-related CS wishlist, why not throw in a few other ideas? I'd also like to see the ability to eventually connect the canal/river to the sea, as well as a craftable "harbor" building (with a coming-and-going ships animation, maybe). A craftable lighthouse would also be cool.

I'm not trying to turn CS into another game or anything; but within limits, "water" seems like a great route to further elaborate the kingdom construction mechanic that is so central to the game.

Would anyone else like to to see something like this?

Thanks!

Magdalen

P.S. the appropriate place for this might be Maguar's poll/suggestion thread, but it seemed an atypically long post for that thread. If it should be incorporated there instead, please do so or let me know and I'll repost there.

maguar
01-19-13, 07:23 PM
Hi Magdalen,

I've moved your suggestion here as you're right it is the place to put it. Don't worry about your post being a bit longer than others. I'm always curious to see what ideas people have and if they need more words to explore their ideas I have no issue with it. I think there's a number of people wanting to see more done with water as well.

magdalen4
01-19-13, 07:27 PM
Great, Maguar - thanks for keeping everything nice-and-tidy around here!

TheTimer
01-19-13, 11:12 PM
How about a caravan that neighbors can make so we could trade inventory with neighbors.

TheTimer
01-19-13, 11:18 PM
Oh is there a post edit button some ware.

another idea if some people want to fight monsters for friends and some do not have a "Do Not Fight" button on monsters, so friends can't fight them.

PuppetSasori
01-20-13, 03:39 AM
The ability to exchange the excess golden nuggets/eggs/apples for coins. And how about horses. We would be able to collect coins from them and maybe we can create a horse racing contest with neighbors and the one who win the race gets gems as a prize.

noahszoo1
01-20-13, 09:51 AM
I'm at level 30, & no one seems to know if there be more game play! I'd really appreciate an answer
There's the water tower & a dome- shaped shrine with something in if; are we going to be able to play with
those. Is my gameplay over? Will we ever get new goals? If so, when? Are those of us on level 30 ever going
To be as to expand? Will you please answer all my questions? I really would appreciate it!!!!! Thank you much
for your attention! Btw: I hear players are starting to leave because we haven't heard any word from you except
For the poll you posted.

maguar
01-20-13, 01:12 PM
Yes there will be more game play. We are all avidly waiting the next update. If the update is anything like previous ones we should get new goals and expansions. Over time (with updates) the other landmarks should become unlocked as well.

knittedcupcake
01-20-13, 03:24 PM
I just want an update. Any update at all. Something. Anything. I just want a reason to keep playing.

Mylly2
01-21-13, 01:21 AM
Adventurous Ivy or Thurston?
I'm not sure if its been discussed before, so apologies if it has.

Would you like to see Adventures attached to Ivy's Hut and/or any of the buildings, like we do from our Keeps? The Adventures could vary in time, items and costs required, from inexpensive low stock one hour ones, through to costly lengthy ones. Ivy could go off looking for ingredients for her potions.

tiggerhobbes
01-21-13, 10:08 AM
Please apply the building limits to the number of buildings on the map, and not map + inventory.

Some buildings make poor resource and provide abysmal RP but are in themselves good decoration. Like the watch towers and the conservatories. It's a shame to have to sell them just to build other royal buildings, and it would be nice to be able to pull them out of storage and switch things around for decoration purposes every now and then.. Buildings not on the map do not contribute to RP anyway so I think it's fair.

homegrrrl
01-21-13, 11:21 AM
I would like to see less of a limit or no limit on walls you can build. I would love to eventually put a topiary wall maze in my kingdom!

Perry9877
01-21-13, 04:18 PM

Does TeamLava do mini-games? I like the idea, jaguar, but if this is adding a whole new dimension to game play are we going to be looking at a YEARLY update? After all, we are currently looking at over three months for an update without changing gameplay.

Perry9877
01-21-13, 04:19 PM
Does TeamLava do mini-games? I like the idea, jaguar, but if this is adding a whole new dimension to game play are we going to be looking at a YEARLY update? After all, we are currently looking at over three months for an update without changing gameplay.

Oi! Sooooooo sorry maguar, was not looking at auto correct!!!

Perry9877
01-21-13, 04:27 PM

I love this idea! How many times do you visit a neighbour to find no hearts, but a wee beastie terrorising the kingdom. I know I would be ever so grateful for a brave Knight/Dame (neighbour) to assist me in my ongoing quest to keep my kingdom beastie free. Plus, how many kingdoms do we visit with naught to do, but notice that skunkupine blocking the workshops?

Perry9877
01-21-13, 04:32 PM
I would like to see a glimmerdust tree..similar to the fruit trees we have now. I wouldn't even care if it costs gems! Really tired of trying to collect glimmerdust! Could you add that idea to the next poll? Thanks!

Would it not be brilliant if GLIMMERbulbs could be made into glimmer dust? Like lemonade being made from lemons? One would think that would be a reason for inventing a crop of that name. Just saying.

Perry9877
01-21-13, 04:47 PM
My last post for the moment, I promise. . . Hehehe. There are so many great ideas mentioned, but one thing in the back of my mind is that new additions have to work all with the sizes of screens, I know my kingdom loaded on my iPhone looks different when I visit it on my iPad. Sometimes I even bring up my tiny kingdom up on the pad as I make changes to get a better perception. I just cannot see some of these ideas translating into miniature. Am I being small minded? ��

lotuskat
01-23-13, 10:36 AM
Adventurous Ivy or Thurston?
I'm not sure if its been discussed before, so apologies if it has.

Would you like to see Adventures attached to Ivy's Hut and/or any of the buildings, like we do from our Keeps? The Adventures could vary in time, items and costs required, from inexpensive low stock one hour ones, through to costly lengthy ones. Ivy could go off looking for ingredients for her potions.

Ooo, I like this idea!

lotuskat
01-23-13, 10:42 AM
Trading Items

One of my issues with Castle Story is that I only get to gift 3 neighbors per day. All the other TL games I play only limit the amount of gifts you can receive, not the number you can give. It's a bit limiting, even though I understand TL doesn't want us to progress through the game too quickly. So how about we get to trade items with each other? Since I've completed all the major buildings, I don't have much use for glimmerdust. I'd be happy to trade glimmerdust for coal with my neighbors so I can craft more earth wisps, for example, or maybe get carrots for the Rich Windbag Caravan quest. Trades can be one-for-one or players could set the amount. That would help get around the gifting limit while increasing player interaction. Besides, we can finally give the Marketplace some purpose other than just earning coins! ::hugs:: Kat

Fomomo
01-24-13, 02:17 AM
I second this idea. It's not like we make loads of money for selling those buildings or anything.

maguar
01-24-13, 03:19 AM
There have been some fantastic suggestions. Vote for the ideas you like in the new poll (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44990-Caste-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread-23-Jan-2013). You can also add any more suggestions there as well.