PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want Holiday Box!!

Unregistered
12-12-10, 12:19 PM
Help Team Lava!!!!!
I had 24 gems saved up for expansion to a 11x14 and I accidentally pressed the holiday box icon!!!
I really don't have a need for the penguin (although it is cute). Is there any way you can undo my purchase??? (take back the penguin and give me my 24 gems back please!!!)
ID: bumaia

Unregistered
12-12-10, 12:21 PM
Help Team Lava!!!!!
I had 24 gems saved up for expansion to a 11x14 and I accidentally pressed the holiday box icon!!!
I really don't have a need for the penguin (although it is cute). Is there any way you can undo my purchase??? (take back the penguin and give me my 24 gems back please!!!)
ID: bumaia

Don't count on it. TL never helps their customers!

Unregistered
12-12-10, 11:06 PM
Theres no way we would tell if your lying or not.

" I didn't want a holiday box" or what you would have said " I didn't want the item from the holiday box"

Unregistered
12-12-10, 11:49 PM
Theres no way we would tell if your lying or not.

" I didn't want a holiday box" or what you would have said " I didn't want the item from the holiday box"

Who's "we"? Are you an employee of TL? It wouldn't surprise me if you were, such rudeness seems to be the norm around here. If TL really wanted to be fair about this, they would have a confirmation "Do your really want to purchase a Holiday Box?" or some such warning before proceeding with the sale. Holiday Boxes are are a gem trap. There is no way to know that you are going to purchase the thing especially for new users.

Unregistered
12-13-10, 08:16 AM
Who's "we"? Are you an employee of TL? It wouldn't surprise me if you were, such rudeness seems to be the norm around here. If TL really wanted to be fair about this, they would have a confirmation "Do your really want to purchase a Holiday Box?" or some such warning before proceeding with the sale. Holiday Boxes are are a gem trap. There is no way to know that you are going to purchase the thing especially for new users.

Thy make alot more money on people who "accidentally" press the wrong buttons.

Unregistered
12-13-10, 08:30 AM
Thy make alot more money on people who "accidentally" press the wrong buttons.

Exactly! It's the usual "gimme all your money and shut the [edit]" business behavior that is just too wide spread in the business world. :-(

Unregistered
12-13-10, 11:04 AM

Well seeing how this is my problem, I would also like to know who "we" are?? I've been playing Restaurant Story and Bakery Story for weeks now and I would never waste my money on any of the random boxes. It does suck that TL has the stupid icon at the beginning of the section but it shouldn't be hard to make a confirmation button (they do for selling stuff). Just take the the thing back!!!
I don't want to be mean about this but if nothing happens then I'm gonna take the others word about TL being rude and stingy with the players.
id: bumaia

Unregistered
12-13-10, 07:16 PM
I am sorry to hear this happened. :(

There isn't an option to undo purchases made in-game. Also, support is not able to refund your Gems because they aren't able to verify if it's an accident. Although we would like to give players the benefit of the doubt, there are players who will take advantage of that. Hopefully this helps explain things a bit better even though it doesn't solve your issue.

I agree with Norman.. also if you're purchasing ANY of the magic box, holiday box, etc. it's a risk you're taking to get items not all have.. that's the cool thing about that.. ive myself tried it and haven't liked what i got but like i said.. i risked the 24 gems even though i had been saving them for a while..
Norman could also lowered the price of the Gems (:

Unregistered
12-14-10, 11:16 AM

There isn't an option to undo purchases made in-game. Also, support is not able to refund your Gems because they aren't able to verify if it's an accident. Although we would like to give players the benefit of the doubt, there are players who will take advantage of that. Hopefully this helps explain things a bit better even though it doesn't solve your issue.

Thank you anyways. I guess that I'll have to be more careful..(if I ever get that many gems again).
Does anybody know how much you get for selling the box items??? Is it worth it or should i just keep it??
Thanks
id:bumaia

chvchv & chvchv2
12-14-10, 05:27 PM

That's a very unwise decision!

This customer and all the people reading this thread are gone. They will not purchase any of your gems again.

Unregistered
12-14-10, 05:39 PM
Hold on, same thing happened to me. Contact iTunes Support with a customer service complaint. I gave them the order numbers off iTunes, the date, and amount of when I purchased gems. That's the amount I have asked to be refunded. You can always open dispute on credit card. Good luck!

Unregistered
12-14-10, 05:49 PM
That's a very unwise decision!

This customer and all the people reading this thread are gone. They will not purchase any of your gems again.

Sorry chvchv, but I understand the decision. There are far too many people that would take advantage and outright lie because of buyer regret. The world has fewer and fewer people who are good to their word anymore, and many who will do anything to get something for nothing....even if they have means.
Whether I buy or not will not be affected by this.

Unregistered
12-14-10, 05:54 PM
Hold on, same thing happened to me. Contact iTunes Support with a customer service complaint. I gave them the order numbers off iTunes, the date, and amount of when I purchased gems. That's the amount I have asked to be refunded. You can always open dispute on credit card. Good luck!

Great! Soon credit card companies won't let us use our cards on iTunes.
If u bought gems, and used gems, can't see apple would reverse charges just because u spent them on the wrong thing. Can u imagine all the potential fraud this could start? Wow. Another type of scam in the offing.

Unregistered
12-15-10, 01:30 AM
Great! Soon credit card companies won't let us use our cards on iTunes.
If u bought gems, and used gems, can't see apple would reverse charges just because u spent them on the wrong thing. Can u imagine all the potential fraud this could start? Wow. Another type of scam in the offing.

Maybe they'll just stop it for TL. I've never played a game that involved purchases that didn't either
a. Have a purchase confirmation prior to the purchase
b. Have some sort of "undo"

If there were purchase warnings, people wouldn't feel tricked into buying something. That would end the whole "you might be lying" issue. If there were a confirmation they would not be able to say later that they hit it by mistake. Obviously TL would rather trick ppl into spending gems rather than treat ppl fairly. Until they do, they can expect more complaints of this nature.

There is no way to know that when you tap on the Holiday Box you are buying the item until it has happened to you.
That's a gem trap. They make money on ppl not knowing this, which is totally wrong.

Unregistered
12-15-10, 04:12 AM
Maybe they'll just stop it for TL. I've never played a game that involved purchases that didn't either
a. Have a purchase confirmation prior to the purchase
b. Have some sort of "undo"

If there were purchase warnings, people wouldn't feel tricked into buying something. That would end the whole "you might be lying" issue. If there were a confirmation they would not be able to say later that they hit it by mistake. Obviously TL would rather trick ppl into spending gems rather than treat ppl fairly. Until they do, they can expect more complaints of this nature.

There is no way to know that when you tap on the Holiday Box you are buying the item until it has happened to you.
That's a gem trap. They make money on ppl not knowing this, which is totally wrong.

Actually same goes for not just team lava games. Same thing in we and tap series. So c.c. Companies will just stop all because they won't be able to single one
Maybe you have a point about message for box. But I've never bought something by mistake yet and I've been playing a long time.

Unregistered
12-15-10, 09:18 PM
Actually same goes for not just team lava games. Same thing in we and tap series. So c.c. Companies will just stop all because they won't be able to single one
Maybe you have a point about message for box. But I've never bought something by mistake yet and I've been playing a long time.

I can't speak about the WE games but I've played all the Tap games and there are confirmations even for spending coins! In addition, there is a "restore game" feature that wipes out any changes you made during the start of that session. So, no, not all game companies do not do this,