PDA

View Full Version : Coal drop rate

aimeeq
01-05-13, 11:21 AM
Is it just my imagination or has the coal drop rate gone down? I used to get it every other time I mined a rock at least, now I'm lucky to get 4 from an outcropping

puffindutch
01-05-13, 11:33 AM
Yes I have noticed the same and with the iron rich rock for jewels as well.

midnightmeerkat
01-05-13, 12:14 PM
Like with all of these things if your drop rate is down someone else's is up...... The drop rate would be consistent across the board with individuals getting fluctuations.

I think I got some of yours, when I was mining just now I got a patch of getting coal every time

synecdochal
01-05-13, 01:16 PM
Lol. I'm beginning to think they purposefully lowers the drop rate for whatever you happen to need most at the moment. A few weeks ago, when I really needed jewels, I got them once/twice every 20 hits. Now I have so many I basically have to craft unicorn statues every night! And of course I am now in dire need of coal, like you.

I think it gives me something to do while waiting for that update that shall never come...

arale_norimaki
01-05-13, 02:24 PM
It went down for me too!! I mined four big rocks today, have two mines and got only 30 coal :( Yesterday was the same. I gave up on the dark caves, and try to concentrate on expansions.
Also, since I got the 4th shard, no jewels drop from any rock :(

scottyhaha
01-05-13, 03:00 PM
Haha yup everything in this game is rare to super rare.