PDA

View Full Version : Tree storage

tiggerhobbes
01-03-13, 06:48 PM
Are you no longer able to put fruit trees in storage?

In light of my certifiable OCD, it would be in my best interest to store my fruit trees now that my inventory fruit capacity is filled to the brim. But I can't seem to put them away. Is it just me or ...? O.O

God help us all, Thurston would be forced to eat a lot of lemons in the near future >_<

Dreamer691
01-03-13, 06:55 PM
I just checked and I also can't store my fruit trees.

Lol I can just imagine how his face would look then! And his hair would go from red to yellow from eating that many leomons!

maguar
01-03-13, 11:36 PM
The ability to put all trees in storage was removed to prevent an issue with counts being reset. This was done before there were any gem trees.

tiggerhobbes
01-04-13, 12:05 AM
The ability to put all trees in storage was removed to prevent an issue with counts being reset. This was done before there were any gem trees.

Hmm, I would have thought fruit trees are a different class of object than the consumable trees and rocks. I know they disabled the storage options for consumables, but fruit trees behave more like animals and flowers and can be harvested indefinitely with no ceiling, they do not disappear after a certain number of harvests and thus cannot be reset through storage.

maguar
01-04-13, 12:48 AM
At this stage as far as storage is concerned a tree is a tree. I know that this has already been passed on.

elaur
04-13-13, 10:17 PM
What was the issue with storing trees? Can we please store trees?? We can store valentine trees (and weeds) right when they are crafted why not regular ones?

midnightmeerkat
04-13-13, 10:57 PM
What was the issue with storing trees? Can we please store trees?? We can store valentine trees (and weeds) right when they are crafted why not regular ones?

You could cut a Regular tree 9 times then store it when it was taken out of storage apparently it would reset back to 0

Valentine ones can be stored only when they have been crafted, once placed they can no longer be stored.

elaur
04-15-13, 03:40 AM
So my suggestion would be being able to store trees and plants that have no cuts taken out of them. That would solve the reset issue.

queenofpolharcity
06-15-13, 10:18 PM
So my suggestion would be being able to store trees and plants that have no cuts taken out of them. That would solve the reset issue.

Has the tree storage issue been addressed or resolved? This seems like a really simple thing for TL to fix, but something that would be of great benefit to the players! I myself have abt 20 trees, and am currently maxed out, or close to it, on most of my fruits. It also takes an awful lot of energy to upkeep them. If we were allowed to store them until we needed them (just like other plants!) we could save energy and space iour kingdoms.

What about it, TeamLava?? Will you do this for us? Please, please??

TinksThots
06-16-13, 03:55 PM
It also takes an awful lot of energy to upkeep them. If we were allowed to store them until we needed them (just like other plants!) we could save energy and space iour kingdoms.
Just... don't collect? The space issue I agree with, but I don't collect from anything I don't need... and it's always still sitting there ready when I do need it. I figured everybody did it that way... *confused*

Lilipipi
06-16-13, 04:14 PM
Just... don't collect? The space issue I agree with, but I don't collect from anything I don't need... and it's always still sitting there ready when I do need it. I figured everybody did it that way... *confused*

Lot of players have their little kids "help them out" occasionally. Kids won't neglect fruit trees that say "give me water." ;)

Queenzod
06-16-13, 06:04 PM
At this stage as far as storage is concerned a tree is a tree. I know that this has already been passed on.

Thank you for passing it on! But what I don't understand is that it's not really a tree. It's a piece of computer coding. Why can't it be re-coded?
{ not a computer programmer}

jimboser
06-16-13, 06:40 PM
Thank you for passing it on! But what I don't understand is that it's not really a tree. It's a piece of computer coding. Why can't it be re-coded?
{ not a computer programmer}

Probably a matter of priorities, fixing real bugs and adding features. Still, it seems like something that should take all of 5 minutes to fix in someone's free time. (I'm a programmer...)

Fruit trees actually CAN be stored, if you get them via a quest, you can store them instead of placing them. I've got two Lemon trees in storage still from quests that I didn't need to place.

TinksThots
06-16-13, 07:26 PM
Probably a matter of priorities, fixing real bugs and adding features. Still, it seems like something that should take all of 5 minutes to fix in someone's free time. (I'm a programmer...)

Fruit trees actually CAN be stored, if you get them via a quest, you can store them instead of placing them. I've got two Lemon trees in storage still from quests that I didn't need to place.
Only if you store them right out of the adventure. I placed mine when I got them, and I can't store them now.

jimboser
06-17-13, 08:42 AM
Exactly, once placed, you can't store them. Must damage their roots or something. ;)