PDA

View Full Version : Requesting Wheat

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 01:34 AM
Have they removed the option to request wheat from neighbors via Tavern or is it just my account?

I have 5 bushels of wheat, my tavern invites me to get more either from farming, or buy some for 2 gems. If they ****ed wheat request I'll be a very very sad tiger :-(

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 01:57 AM
I just bought a tavern to check if I have the same problem. It turns out I have more than 25 bunches of wheat, so it says complete! I am cooking some of Ivy's spicy concoction, my kitchen is busy for hours. I'll let you know as soon as I prepare some flour :)

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 02:04 AM
aww thanks ^^ I hope you didn't just purchase the tavern to check this for me though!! You're way too sweet :)

wassupbaby
01-02-13, 02:28 AM
I still get some request for wheat from my neighbors so i think its just you. I also bought a tavern to check ( dont worry , i have way to much coin and dont know what to do with them :/ ) but i have more than 25 wheat. I'll let you know after cooking some flour.

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 02:31 AM
Thanks, I'm still getting wheat from request I sent out this morning before the rollover, I'm also answering wheat request from yesterday, but can't seem to send any further request.

Nice of you guys to check for me, but I have to warn you ... it appears you cannot sell an unfinished structure so if you purchase a foundation to check request capacity, you might be forced to finish building it >__<

wassupbaby
01-02-13, 02:58 AM
Thanks, I'm still getting wheat from request I sent out this morning before the rollover, I'm also answering wheat request from yesterday, but can't seem to send any further request.

Nice of you guys to check for me, but I have to warn you ... it appears you cannot sell an unfinished structure so if you purchase a foundation to check request capacity, you might be forced to finish building it >__<

For a second i thought "oh shoot " then i logged into the game to check. It turns out that i can sell it afterall ;)

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 03:01 AM
For a second i thought "oh shoot " then i logged into the game to check. It turns out that i can sell it afterall ;)

Oh good, thanks! That's good to know.

TBH if I can no longer request wheat I'm going to sell my tavern foundation as well. No point having two when Thuston is already walking funny all the time and leaving behind his sword >_<

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 03:16 AM
Come on tigger, you are one of the nicest people around here. It is only natural that we want to help you! It is just bad luck that both wassupbaby and me are too good at harvesting our wheat :P

wassupbaby
01-02-13, 04:08 AM
Well, looks like we can no longer request wheat >.<

puffindutch
01-02-13, 04:33 AM
Seems you can't request wheat or red petals anymore. Wheat we can plant but how can we get reliable red petals? Not a disaster but whilst I was bored waiting fo update and trying to craft a zillion earth wisps, I was making red ink to use up the water! Ah we'll, off to make yellow and blue ink...

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 04:55 AM
I confirm, can not request wheat either. Sorry, tigger :(

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 05:01 AM
Aww thanks for checking guys and gals :-(

Tigger haz a sad ;__; I might have to stop selling beer in my tavern, it might have to turn to red and white whine for profits from now >_<

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 05:02 AM
Wheat we can plant but how can we get reliable red petals?

You can not request red petals anymore?? That is bad news for new players!
You can get it from plants (rare drop) or neighbors. There is a thread about it: http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?37018-Red-Petals

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 05:04 AM
Aww thanks for checking guys and gals :-(

Tigger haz a sad ;__; I might have to stop selling beer in my tavern, it might have to turn to red and white whine for profits from now >_<

Where do you hide your unfinished tavern, by the way? I can only seem to find the one you actually built O_o

maguar
01-02-13, 05:06 AM
I've asked about this. Will let you know when I hear.

bryanjolin
01-02-13, 05:10 AM
I've asked about this. Will let you know when I hear.

How long will let us know?? Already sad that some of us max cap energy is 30 not 40. cos of earlier ppl who update get 40 max cap.. Now our energy already so less still cannot request wheat really ridiculous !! Wat a tough game gonna be!!

tiggerhobbes
01-02-13, 05:25 AM
Where do you hide your unfinished tavern, by the way? I can only seem to find the one you actually built O_o

LOL, it's so well hidden I have troubles finding it sometimes XD Especially before I have my morning cuppa.

It's right behind Thurston's fort, because the fort is tall I imagine you can't actually see the foundation, but in game I can see the construction box bobbing up and down right at the base of the ballista.

homemaker101
01-02-13, 06:22 AM
Hi. I have never had the option to request wheat or petals unless I leave a message for a neighbour to gift them to me. How did you request stuff? Tx

mystoryzoozoo
01-02-13, 07:25 AM
Hi. I have never had the option to request wheat or petals unless I leave a message for a neighbour to gift them to me. How did you request stuff? Tx

You used to be able to send out requests from construction on buildings, but the facility seems to have been removed.

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 08:17 AM
LOL, it's so well hidden I have troubles finding it sometimes XD Especially before I have my morning cuppa.

It is impossible to see! I have been looking at that spot (it makes sense, there is room for a 4 squares building there) and can't seem to actually find the foundations. Maybe I looked too hard and became cross-eyed ;)

PikaSquirrel
01-02-13, 02:42 PM
There has been a few changes to items that can and cannot be requested. Wheat cannot be requested in the Tavern at the moment.

arale_norimaki
01-02-13, 03:14 PM
There has been a few changes to items that can and cannot be requested. Wheat cannot be requested in the Tavern at the moment.

Thank you for your reply.
What about red petals? This is a rare drop, even rarer than glimmerdust, and it would be difficult to build the consvatory without the ability to request it

iLLUMI2012
01-05-13, 11:59 PM
Thank you for your reply.
What about red petals? This is a rare drop, even rarer than glimmerdust, and it would be difficult to build the consvatory without the ability to request it

Red petals are still giftable. Best way to get them at the moment is to post a message on your wall asking for your neighbours to gift them to you. Or you could post a message on the walls of regular neighbours. So ask them to send only 1 red petal and get them to delete your message. For example "hi nbr, please send me 1 red petal then delete this request, thanks!". Otherwise they may just keep sending petals when you no longer need them. :)
Or you could ask a select few (say 10 nbr's) to gift you petals until you ask them to stop.

Something to keep in mind though, in my experience there have been a few players that aren't aware that gifts don't come out of their stock, thus they wouldn't gift me items because they didn't want to deplete their items. I've had to explain this to them. In fact when I first started playing I also thought I had to have spare items I was willing to part with so I didn't gift.
Maguar perhaps a short blurb saying gifted items don't come out of your stock could be added to the Gift pop up window?
Sorry if that has already been raised before.
Cheers! :)

FlamingInferno
01-06-13, 12:05 AM
Can we request Glimmer Dust? Or not?

maguar
01-06-13, 12:14 AM
Can we request Glimmer Dust? Or not?

You can ask your neighbours to gift it but you can't request it.

maguar
01-06-13, 12:17 AM
@ILLUMI2012 the Help/FAQ section in the game says "When you send a gift, you are not giving up items you already have, and it doesn't cost anything."

I can pass on the suggestion though.

FlamingInferno
01-07-13, 12:59 AM
But i asked my neighbors they are about 80+ and only 2,3 send me :(

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 10:16 AM
But i asked my neighbors they are about 80+ and only 2,3 send me :(

Since one can only send three gifts a day, it is normal not all your neighbors can help you. I suggest you read the thread about strategies, several players explained their gifting strategies there, it might be useful for you to help you choose yours.

puffindutch
01-07-13, 11:51 AM
Before requesting red petals was removed I had sent requests to all 400 of my nbrs, three days running (scatter *** tactic!) These requests are now filtering through and I have had over 80 sent to me in the last week - whoop (I do have ace nbrs)