PDA

View Full Version : Old Thomas' house is useless,worthless,can something be done about it?

onemansmiracle
01-01-13, 04:21 AM
Old Thomas' house is useless,worthless,can something be done about it? It has no item reward,and produces less coin than cottage,which I don't feel like to collect for about a month,now its only function is to trigger certain storyline. I am seriously thinking of putting it into my storage :)

FlamingInferno
01-01-13, 06:42 AM
Yeah me too i dont collect it anymore just waste of energy.......

heidik901
01-01-13, 06:44 AM
Store it.

arale_norimaki
01-01-13, 08:44 AM
Agreed, the building is huge and useless. I had it stored for a while and I am thinking of doing it again. Please, find some use for it!

tiggerhobbes
01-01-13, 08:54 AM
For those who have been storing it, here's my question ...

Did you get any knowledge shard while you had it in storage?

For a long time I didn't get any shard; I have been storing Thomas' house since pretty much the beginning.

Frustrated with the lack of shard, I know this game requires patience but maybe not to this ridiculous level, Lvl 25 and shardless? So I thought, the shard is Thomas' pet project, Thomas has been banised ... I mean on no pay leave...

I pulled Old T's house out of storage, next day I got my first shard. I'm guessing it's 99.9973985304% likely to be coincidence, but at the same time ... for peace of my mind I'm just going to keep it on my game board and force myself to painfully collect in the hope that it somehow contributes towards triggering the shards.

But love to hear how others fare without Old T's house on their gameboard. Were they able to get shards regardless? If it's definitely unrelated, I'd love to make him homeless again.....

tiggerhobbes
01-01-13, 08:55 AM
Oh BTW, Old Thomas' is not considered a "coin building." I got a gem quest reward asking me to collect from any coin building to claim rewards, I collected from old T's, and the gem didn't get triggered. I had to collect from my other coin buildings for it to work, so I think Old T's is still considered to be a "special" building even if it happens to yield nothing but coins.

whizzzard
01-01-13, 09:44 AM
agreed, useless building, considering its a special "goal building" too. I do hope they make a better use out of it.

badger8
01-01-13, 01:07 PM
@tiggerhobbes: go ahead & store it. I've had Thomas's house displayed from the beginning & have NO shards despite having the tablet for a good month.

vanillaheaven
01-01-13, 02:10 PM
My Thomas's house is on display, but I never collect from it. I still got all 4 shards :)

midnightmeerkat
01-01-13, 03:31 PM
I've buried old Thomas's house in a corner partially covered by trees, and no I generally don't collect from it, the only time is when it's sparkly and I want double experience when near to levelling up

scottyhaha
01-01-13, 06:30 PM
Poor Thomas is homeless

rengirl1978
01-01-13, 07:46 PM
Lol I was JUST thinking this today!! Maybe I will store it till I have more room.

I'm also lvl 25 with no shards & I've had Thomas' House out the whole time.

rosewaterlily
01-01-13, 11:50 PM
After reading this thread, I stored my Old Thomas's House and my two farmhouses. For some reason, those are always the buildings that get sparkles--OTOH my cathedral never gets sparkles. If people are visiting me, I'd rather them sparkle a building that's worth something. It's annoying that this game doesn't let you choose which buildings get sparkles, you have to click on the ones with the hearts. In city story metro, they give suggestions of which ones to sparkle, but you can still click other buildings that aren't sparkling, so I try to sparkle the ones that are worth more.

maguar
01-02-13, 12:23 AM
I think they suggest the ones that are next due for collection. One thing I've started doing is storing then placing my farmhouses when they sparkle. Yes I don't get the rent or the experience, but it means I have more hearts for people to collect without having to spend energy.