PDA

View Full Version : What was that 2 seconds of twinkling light everywhere in my kingdom?

onemansmiracle
12-31-12, 05:13 AM
What was that 2 seconds of twinkling lights everywhere in my kingdom?i have seen it many times,it's not like the little sparkling around my building,but as bright as flash light,all of a sudden in everywhere,but lasts only 2 seconds. Is that a signal indicates all my buildings have been sparkled,or it means something else?anyone has seen it?

master_jones
12-31-12, 06:48 AM
I saw the same thing last night.

xtcinla11
12-31-12, 08:05 AM
Yeah, I saw it too. I was in the corner of my kingdom and it was like it was like I could see it out of the corner of my eye. It wasn't my building sparkling, it wasn't the light that shines down when my crafting items are ready. It was kinda like lightening off in the distance. I'm glad someone else saw it too!!

catcrack
12-31-12, 08:47 AM
I've only seen something like that when reaching the ex points to leveling up. What level are you?

(=^ェ^=)

xtcinla11
12-31-12, 08:58 AM
Oh, and I forgt to mention that it was not the same as leveling up lights, I'm 1/3rd of the way in level 26

onemansmiracle
12-31-12, 09:16 AM
It's like a thousand cameras flash at you at the same time,all over the screen.. I have seen it quite a few times,at first I thought it was a glitch or something,but everything functioned just right. Who knows what it is,I wish it's a hidden reward or something,it happens too fast cannot be captured by camera.

mytalent1
12-31-12, 09:43 AM
I saw this phenomena a couple weeks back when visiting a nbr. I JUST saw it again in my own kingdom. It was soooOO beautiful ��

mammami08
01-01-13, 07:38 PM
I'v had those flashing lights to, i belive it was yeasterday or the day befor that!

rengirl1978
01-01-13, 07:48 PM
I see bright, flashing light when my resource buildings are done. I think it's just signifying the fact that the items are done and ready to be collected. You know the notifications always say "The sun is shining and you have a freshly crafted...blah blah blah" so that is why there's the bright pulsing lights.

xtcinla11
01-01-13, 07:53 PM
No, this light that we are talking about is much different than the light for completed crafting buildings, we are all very familiar with that - this is something "special"' probably a glitch, but very unique and kinda cool

rengirl1978
01-01-13, 08:41 PM
Well I hve not seen this fancy light! I feel left out! lol :-P

maguar
01-02-13, 12:31 AM
Giant sparkles and lights . . . . a lot of people have seen that. The question is have you seen it when the background goes all blue?

I don't have access to my normal computer. When I do I'll post pics of both things.

onemansmiracle
01-02-13, 04:49 AM
Giant sparkles and lights . . . . a lot of people have seen that. The question is have you seen it when the background goes all blue?

I don't have access to my normal computer. When I do I'll post pics of both things.

So it is a glitch then? -___- I was hoping it's something like a secret reward :)

maguar
01-02-13, 04:51 AM
When this was reported the first time I was told that the rays appeared over things like gate and nest as a way of letting us know we can interact with them in the future.

CottageRose
01-02-13, 11:47 AM
I saw this today as well. It's different from the rays for finished goods or anything other completion I have yet seen. Not a clue what may have triggered it, but it sure was pretty.

CottageRose
01-02-13, 11:49 AM
Forgot to say, it was across the whole screen, not focused on any specific items or future destinations.

onemansmiracle
01-03-13, 03:32 AM
To whom haven`t seen these fancy lights,I made this pic by myself since it`s almost impossible to capture it,cos it ususally lasts about 2 seconds and occurs totally by suprise. and Yes this is something like it, the world's eleventh miracle =) http://f.hiphotos.baidu.com/album/s%3D1400%3Bq%3D90/sign=ff1d241d2e738bd4c021b63591bbbca7/ae51f3deb48f8c54b1479eef3a292df5e1fe7f5d.jpg

onemansmiracle
01-03-13, 03:47 AM
the picture can`t be shown here.... try again -__- http://b253.photo.store.qq.com/psb?/V14HjpLy2aycdl/ICCkisoL75tn2qcTSvPXHVREIJgy9Ys65nP0*cf0zXo!/b/dAtVzpbrBQAA&bo=IANQAgAAAAABAFY!

onemansmiracle
01-03-13, 03:49 AM
okay,I give up... who can tell me how to post a picture here?

arale_norimaki
01-03-13, 04:02 AM
I use photobucket to post photos. There is a thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?15881-How-To-A-Post-Photo-On-The-Forum) about it.

Here is your picture:

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/8b5589579374ee138ad1421162892d4e_zps005d82c9.jpg

It IS beautiful ;)

onemansmiracle
01-03-13, 04:10 AM
oh,thx very much,you are my saviour :) :) I draw those sparkles by myself,but the real ones are much prettier,but it will at least give you a vague idea about how it would look like.

CottageRose
01-03-13, 07:25 AM
Yes. It is sorta like sheet lightening, only with sparkles instead. :)

FlyingMonkee
01-03-13, 11:35 AM
The sparkles are indicators of neighbors visiting your castle, and the rays of light indicate that your crafts were completed. Love the idea of the pic but a bit exaggerated =)

onemansmiracle
01-04-13, 02:29 AM
The sparkles are indicators of neighbors visiting your castle, and the rays of light indicate that your crafts were completed. Love the idea of the pic but a bit exaggerated =)

No,it's not the small sparkles that you have after a neibour tap your building, this is a short phenomenon,and when it happens you have the sparkles even bigger than what I have drawn here and they are so bright that totally drizzle your eyes.and I just saw it again in my kingdom yesterday. I am an advanced player now,and believe me,it's neither the signal for building's bonus tap nor the crafts are ready.and there is nothing exaggerated about this picture,in fact,I should have drawn it bigger :) :)

prispunya
01-04-13, 02:39 AM
i think i know what you mean, and indeed it's different than sparkling building or ray of light, i would rather say it was lightning all over the kingdom..very bright flashing about 2-3 secs then gone..got that happened twice. Firstly it startled me because i thought it was my device that broken, because it was so bright almost covering all the graphic images of the game. Secondly..i thought i got a big bonus from anything i just collected - but eventually nothing special :D

roosfamily
01-04-13, 03:10 AM
i think i know what you mean, and indeed it's different than sparkling building or ray of light, i would rather say it was lightning all over the kingdom..very bright flashing about 2-3 secs then gone..got that happened twice. Firstly it startled me because i thought it was my device that broken, because it was so bright almost covering all the graphic images of the game. Secondly..i thought i got a big bonus from anything i just collected - but eventually nothing special :D
I think what you describe is something that happens quiet often in city story, where sparkles are even more visibile. I noticed it several times in my city but more often in nbr cities, when I visit them, particularly if they are big cities.
I think it happens when there is a gap oh sync, ie your device is trying to sync with server but the signal is poor. When the signal is even worst you get the message: CS is an online game etc. ;)

(sorry for my bad english, I hope I made myself understable)

bigtail2
01-04-13, 05:56 AM
No, this is definitely something new and quite different from the normal sparkles. I saw it once and there is no missing it when it starts!

arale_norimaki
01-04-13, 04:34 PM
it is quite similar to the picture onemansmiracle created. I just saw it and took a screen shot, the problem is it only shows a fraction of second, there were many more explosions following!

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q698/arale__norimaki/677d5fb78aa3f1264424bcd193077d08_zpsddb274de.jpg

onemansmiracle
01-04-13, 07:31 PM
Nice,you really captured this,well done :) and usually there are more explosions.

scottyhaha
01-04-13, 08:07 PM
Wow so nice I wish I could see it.

OliversRock
01-05-13, 07:25 AM
I thought it was a sync issue too. You know how if your gardening and get a monster it 'drops' the plots you have clicked on so you have enough energy to **** 'em. Well anytime I've seen the 'northern lights' anything I've clicked ahead on had 'dropped' and I don't have a monster.

blurbie
01-05-13, 07:31 PM
I saw this for the second time today. Very pretty! I leveled up yesterday so it wasn't that. Maybe in future this is a phenomenon that comes with something else triggered? Like with the update or something we will find out?

onemansmiracle
01-06-13, 02:27 AM
I saw this for the second time today. Very pretty! I leveled up yesterday so it wasn't that. Maybe in future this is a phenomenon that comes with something else triggered? Like with the update or something we will find out?
Yea,I would love that,maybe a new update can give us a treasure chest hidden somewhere in the kingdom whenever we see this lightening?

aimeeq
01-07-13, 05:50 PM
I just saw it for the 1st time. Not close to leveling up and it was like the picture, not like a level up. I like it but we should get gems or energy or something with it

PikaSquirrel
01-08-13, 05:15 PM
These sparkles appear randomly? Not after a specific action?

arale_norimaki
01-08-13, 05:44 PM
I can not recall what I was doing exactly before it all started. I remember there were more explosions around the buildings that had sparkles, but that's all. I'll pay more attention if it ever happens again, the first time I was caught by surprise and could only think of the screenshot! ��

Mudturtledove
01-08-13, 07:46 PM
It's happened once to me too almost a week ago. I usually click a long string of actions so no way of knowing what I might have clicked. I thought there was either a reward or maybe an update, the sparkling was so spectacular but there was neither. I play several times a day and know what the building done lights and the neighbor sparkly lights look like. Those sparkles last until you click the building and then dissapear. This was not there, then brightly there for a second all over the kingdom including non explored places, and then gone again. It was very pretty.

xtcinla11
01-08-13, 07:52 PM
I first saw it in my kingdom a few weeks ago, then earlier today I saw it while I was visiting a neighbor. It was like the light little building sparkles became bigger and brighter, much bigger and brighter. They were in the same positions, just got bigger/ brighter for a moment - and then it was back to normal.

onemansmiracle
01-09-13, 04:31 AM
I don't know what triggers it,it seems random enough to me,I saw once while visiting a neighbor,and a few more times while doing my own business in my own kingdom,and I remember once I wasn't doing anything specific but merely dragged my screen in a far corner to see the map and still it exploded with lights.

mystoryzoozoo
01-14-13, 07:34 AM
This just happened to me. The sparkles left by neighbours momentarily enlarged. I was collecting from a row of farmhouses, no special drop occurred.

onemansmiracle
01-14-13, 09:44 AM
This amazing light will guild your way to ........ No where ;). More ppl should see this.

iLLUMI2012
01-22-13, 01:23 AM
OMG! I just experienced this! I almost missed it as I was looking at something else.
I had just cleared a whole batch of sugar cane. I put the iPad down for a sec to do something else and out of the corner of my eye I noticed some bright shimmering coming from the iPad. I grabbed the iPad and for a second I thought to myself "no way could I be levelling up". But unlike the usual level up flash this went on for about 5 seconds before fading out. The farm plots were all aglow with rainbow colours and there was a stream of those glowing firefly thingies come from the south of my kingdom and from the left side there was bright shimmering light also. I was a little stunned by it as it didn't make any sense, and it all happened so fast, but it was quite amazing. Magical even.

I think I just had a Castle Story experience. Man, I saw the light(s). Heh hehhh :p

onemansmiracle
01-22-13, 08:50 AM
Yea,welcome to join the light-high club ;)

judyluvs
01-22-13, 07:52 PM
I have seen these sparkles appear at least twice since I started to play Castle Story. I'm no tech, but it just seems like a synch issue, almost a stutter. More fun explanation is that it's Magic! 😃

catcrack
01-23-13, 12:09 PM
Ok, I just had it happen while fighting a troll (=^ェ^=)

nikstar01
01-27-13, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know how to get the big fort looking thing in the back? My ID on here is nikstar01 if you want to look at my page. It won't give me the option to expand there and I'm on level 27. Any help?

grace_0702
01-29-13, 12:48 PM
i saw it when i chopped a tree

iLLUMI2012
03-04-13, 04:51 PM
I just experienced this again but using the original app (not the Valentine app).
I was at a neighbours kingdom, typing up a message when all these bright lights started going crazy in the background. Again it went on for about 5 seconds then began to fade. This time I noticed that all the bright lights were star shaped! Then As they began to fade they shrunk down to the sparkles on the buildings. So the lights were actually the sparkles magnified about 500% or more.
I managed to get a screen shot of it but need to figure out how to attach it here. Will post back later.

rengirl1978
03-04-13, 05:55 PM
I finally saw it too! I was collecting from my kitchens, and I happened to be zoomed in real close, and the game sparkled up all crazy. It was cool! Haha

twigsandberries
03-05-13, 03:38 AM
It's aliens.

Skreags
04-05-13, 12:51 PM
I had this happen too...the bright lights for a few seconds while I was collecting from a bunch of buildings. Like others have said its not from levelling up, it's different from the twinkling buildings, and no special drop. I'm on level 25. Prettiest sync issue I've ever seen haha

CottageRose
04-05-13, 02:39 PM
I haven't seen it in awhile, but I'm glad to hear it still happens. :) I like having a rare beautiful mystery to add a bit of magical wonder to the game.

newzealander
04-06-13, 02:53 AM
Yay! I finally had the twinkling lights experience. I was visiting a neighbour, and had just tapped a couple of hearts, and there it was. I thought I had done something wrong! I'm gladiator saw this thread. Isn't it an odd experience?!

newzealander
04-06-13, 02:55 AM
Lol gotta love auto correct!! I'm "glad"...not "gladiator"

SlurExe
04-06-13, 10:35 PM
I got that once too. Basically my whole screen gets filled with those white stars. I think it's a glitch.

gin0531
04-07-13, 09:48 AM
I thought the white sparkling stars were a friend visiting and helping out. It's also happens in dragon story when you visit another island and play with their dragons or they yours.

ghjvcucjb
06-21-13, 07:20 PM
I've gotten the massive flashing lights with giant white diamond/stars since the beginning and love them. Usually once a month, however lately it's been once a week and every day for the past few days. Including just a few minutes ago. Should I be concerned at the increase in frequency?

Queenzod
06-22-13, 03:38 AM
I've gotten the massive flashing lights with giant white diamond/stars since the beginning and love them. Usually once a month, however lately it's been once a week and every day for the past few days. Including just a few minutes ago. Should I be concerned at the increase in frequency?

It is kinda pretty, but I always think there's gonna be some massive failure on my device. The meteor shower makes me nervous, and before I can calm down enough to appreciate it, it's over. :)

Gardienn
06-22-13, 06:33 AM
It is kinda pretty, but I always think there's gonna be some massive failure on my device. The meteor shower makes me nervous, and before I can calm down enough to appreciate it, it's over. :)

I like it. Reminds me of the Matrix when they have a deja vu--they changed something. :)

luke1100
07-03-13, 12:27 PM
I had the lights today.....big flash and my 3 glimmer dust troves had what I can only describe as a cartoon white "bang" behind them and they looked huge. Nothing else happened though

ghjvcucjb
07-03-13, 04:00 PM
Ok, just now a NEW set of lights. Even bigger giant white diamond stars but flashing behind my buildings in a circular pattern all around my kingdom and not just flashing but a pulsing stutter.

Angelus002
07-05-13, 11:24 AM
Yes they do. I've seen them 6-7 times starting about 3months ago. I've also seen them in CityStory:Metro. If you need anymore info just let me know. :)

Angelus002
07-05-13, 11:32 AM
It's aliens.

Lol I think it might be too!! ;)

jimboser
02-25-14, 03:43 PM
I was trying to find a newer thread on this, I though for sure I remembered someone having captured a screenshot of this. It's still going on, I've seen it twice this week while my iPad was on and I was waiting on something to finish. Suddenly the whole screen goes white, and the sparkling white pulsing eventually dies down, but it is coming from every building on the screen.

Exciting, but I wish I knew what it meant.

mamalovesson
02-25-14, 03:58 PM
I've experienced this several times, I though it was normal the first time, start worrying that there was something wrong with the ipad at the second time... now that I feel good about it because I am not the only one in the bulb club.

oliverrr11
02-25-14, 04:32 PM
*sigh* The aliens have never visited my kingdom.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-25-14, 05:35 PM
OMG! So I'm NOT the only one being abducted by aliens! Thought my eyes were messin' with me or my iPad was about to blow up or something lol. Pretty, but a bit disconcerting...what's it all about? No explanation ever given?

butterfly_25
02-25-14, 09:44 PM
This has happened to me only once in over a year. I remember seeing this thread when I was just a 'lurker' lol and then soon after I got to experience it. I actually remember the date, too lol (5/5/13). I'd love to see it again and screencap it

dng1234
02-26-14, 05:54 AM
I've had it happen several times. This was right as it started...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o782/dnicolegreenwood/6BEC3D1E-8E78-4D30-A521-AE6871D12644_zpsac1hyqzf.png (http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/dnicolegreenwood/media/6BEC3D1E-8E78-4D30-A521-AE6871D12644_zpsac1hyqzf.png.html)

And this was as it died down a bit...

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o782/dnicolegreenwood/8F0CFB88-73BB-4C02-A8CA-0099E04FB75A_zpsvlyptcvs.png (http://s1343.photobucket.com/user/dnicolegreenwood/media/8F0CFB88-73BB-4C02-A8CA-0099E04FB75A_zpsvlyptcvs.png.html)

I've also had this happen in dragon story but not near as often.

brdwybaby
02-28-14, 12:22 AM
I totally didn't understand what any of you were talking about until it happened to me about 5 minutes ago. Weird.

jimboser
02-28-14, 08:32 AM
It's not really a problem, just a curiosity.

CottageRose
02-28-14, 10:29 AM
It happened to me several times last spring and summer, but not any time recently. I sorta miss it, as a rare and mysterious magical event. :)

katbtodd
02-28-14, 10:55 AM
The last time it did it to me ... I was taping my apple tree and it droped me a gold apple

ghjvcucjb
03-11-14, 08:54 PM
Here's a new one: just opened my game and my two kitchens exploded purple smoke that engulfed them both, then the screne froze for a second and then everything went back to normal.

maguar
03-11-14, 08:57 PM
What's Ivy been doing in your kitchen? I'm sure she's the only one who get create purple smoke

ghjvcucjb
03-12-14, 01:04 PM
What's Ivy been doing in your kitchen? I'm sure she's the only one who get create purple smoke

Not sure, but since it's probably Ivy's doing, it's probably illegal in 48 kingdoms and involves 60's music....AND Thurston is wandering around aimlessly again :confused::rolleyes::eek:

doobievilla
03-12-14, 02:49 PM
It meant Dobbievilla didnt get a Troll Essence and my scream created 1' and 0's and made its way into the Upload and into Servers.. Those were my Tears you saw

lovaba
03-22-14, 05:09 AM
Happened just now to my kitchens too: bright light, then purple smook. I wonder what Ivy and Greselda are up to?

ghjvcucjb
03-23-14, 03:13 PM
Ok, just got the giant pulsing white stars again only this time I was visiting one of my neighbors (Judy). This is the first time it's happen outside of my own kingdom. These use to happen prior to big updates but significantly slowed down in the past few months. Now it's happened along with the purple smoke on a weekly bases. Hmmmmmm???

sblizzard
04-07-14, 05:07 PM
this is what happened before I thought my storage cellar appeared to change on my screen. Like I posted in another thread,it could have been all in my imagination.

idrispad
04-11-14, 12:00 AM
I've just had this for the first time on loading up my kingdom.

Has no one come up with an explanation yet? Apart from aliens and Ivy's dodgy potions.

55lee55
04-27-14, 02:37 PM
I get the bright lightening at random times and when doing random things or nothing at all. It is very pretty but seems to do nothing. I have asked others who have seen it and the consensus seems to be that it is a harmless glitch that might as well be considered Castle Story's version of weather, and we just enjoy when we see it. I am level 42 so I play often enough to have seen this multiple times. It is not the sparkle of neighbors collecting, nor is it triggered by doing a certain action, but of course being random it happens when players are doing a random number and type of actions. Aliens or weather, I wouldn't worry about your device malfunctioning. Just relax about it, enjoy it, and consider yourself a member of the bulb club or whatever, and be on the lookout because chances are you will be lucky and see the flash if you play long enough ⚡️✨

missmeow21
06-20-14, 01:57 AM
I get the bright lightening at random times and when doing random things or nothing at all. It is very pretty but seems to do nothing. I have asked others who have seen it and the consensus seems to be that it is a harmless glitch that might as well be considered Castle Story's version of weather, and we just enjoy when we see it. I am level 42 so I play often enough to have seen this multiple times. It is not the sparkle of neighbors collecting, nor is it triggered by doing a certain action, but of course being random it happens when players are doing a random number and type of actions. Aliens or weather, I wouldn't worry about your device malfunctioning. Just relax about it, enjoy it, and consider yourself a member of the bulb club or whatever, and be on the lookout because chances are you will be lucky and see the flash if you play long enough ⚡️✨

I'm on level 43 and have just had this happen. There were bright bursts of light and then over my workshops blue swirls, like water or clouds. It's almost like something is going to happen or appear!

It's so pretty! Sad of it's only a glitch. I have never had it before. And it interrupted game play for maybe 3 to 4 seconds and then stopped. It happened all over the entire playing area and was not due to neighbours visiting or levelling up.

Does anyone know what it is yet?

jimboser
06-20-14, 07:18 AM
Has no one come up with an explanation yet? Apart from aliens and Ivy's dodgy potions.

The fact that the developers have not commented could be interesting... Maybe the explanation is something that will be revealed by later gameplay? It might be called The Glimmerwood for a reason.

tigarlilyvol
06-20-14, 08:28 AM
It was Azalea and Lila having a friendly discussion...they picked me, No, they picked me!

azriX2012
11-07-14, 11:04 AM
Happened again today. This is the 4th / 5th time it happens to me. Maybe someday TL will tell us what it is.

SpiritWind00
11-07-14, 04:02 PM
Happened again today. This is the 4th / 5th time it happens to me. Maybe someday TL will tell us what it is.

It's happened to me too in the past and surprised me, but even more so that there was already a thread about it! When it was first raised, TL could not explain how it happened either. I do love all the theories around why though... But it's nothing to worry about which is the main thing. So if it happens to you, just enjoy it! It certainly is pretty :)

azriX2012
11-07-14, 04:07 PM
It's happened to me too in the past and surprised me, but even more so that there was already a thread about it! When it was first raised, TL could not explain how it happened either. I do love all the theories around why though... But it's nothing to worry about which is the main thing. So if it happens to you, just enjoy it! It certainly is pretty :)

Yes me too, I find it very interesting all the mystery around it. Now if even TL can't explain it... now that is strange! :D I've also seen pictures of the purple smoke and the UFO shadows. I thought maybe it had something to do with the crown at the corner of the game board (ultimatelly the end of CS storyline?). Still it's an amazing fireworks show! :)