PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: Poll and Suggestion Thread

maguar
12-26-12, 09:15 PM
Please vote on your favourites suggestions for Castle Story.

Have your heart set on an item that's not in the poll? Suggest it in this thread.

Please note that the poll is based on items not gameplay features.

iLLUMI2012
12-27-12, 03:07 AM
If the Manor House includes special goals with the chance to find rare objects then that would be cool. So it would somewhat be bringing in a Hidden Objects element to Castle Story. I guess it would be similar to the Adventures in the King/Queen's Keep but having different objects being found and you'd have to craft different items in order to be able to go finding the hidden objects.
Perhaps introduce a new character into the game for this? A super sleuth similar to Sherlock Holmes, wandering around with a magnifying glass, helping to solve mysteries in the kingdom (as in goals)?

A Coal Face would be good as a lot of Earth Wisps are needed for Lanterns and Lumin Essence for Adventures & for building Cathederal(s).

A mermaid pond or lake would be cool, perhaps earned at a higher level through a series of goals etc. It could have a mermaid sitting/swimming in the lake. I've read a few posts where people have said they don't have enough mermaid scales. If this provided 3 mermaid scales every harvest that would help a few people.

A grape tree/vine would be cool too. For example, making wine for kingdom feast goals. Maybe?

I guess there are a lot of ideas, however keeping in line with the poll I voted for Manor House. :)

iLLUMI2012
12-27-12, 03:19 AM
Doh! Should have read that last line of your post more carefully maguar. :( Oops!
Shoot the Manor House and Grape Tree idea.
Mermaid lake/pond for scales would be good. :)

maguar
12-27-12, 03:23 AM
Don't stress it. Everyone puts in game play features. I find it interesting to see what people come up with. I'm sure the devs read this so you never know what ideas they might pick up on.

sgtmonkeynads
12-27-12, 04:05 AM
Mermaid scales?but no mermaid. Make an unlock able area that is a lake, roughly four ponds, and add new character with goals like the others. Have her give special item at end of quest to **** giant lock ness monster type thing. But also have the monster show up rarely, like lock ness, and drop ?ber rare things.

A moat would be nice, and the ability to sell items ona market, to niebors.

whizzzard
12-27-12, 05:48 AM
Another poll eh..
More items are always good.. Maybe make a use for already existing items in the game that currently have no use.

nickerrs
12-27-12, 06:13 AM
I love the idea for a drawbridge! Whenever I think of a kingdom, that's one of the first things I picture. I also like the ship idea. Maybe they can include a wrecked ship as an option? I find the idea of a nice ship in my kingdom a bit odd if it's not in the water. Maybe that wrecked ship could have gold in it or some other type of treasure that you could collect periodically?

nickerrs
12-27-12, 06:17 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already, but I think a moat would be nice to have.

freehotopop
12-28-12, 12:39 AM
coal face can provide what we need to go on the game, drawbridge, Dragon/horse & wonder statue as a symbol of pride for some people

rengirl1978
12-28-12, 12:55 AM
I would enjoy a mermaid lagoon! Where we can get more mermaid scales, and with a pretty mermaid! (I love mermaids...)

ninjaAhug
12-28-12, 01:29 AM
I'm loving all these suggest ideas for updates but what would really blow my mind would be the actual update you guys have a big team this game hasn't been out for long you should have plenty of ideas up your sleeve :)

lala_gabbana
12-28-12, 02:35 PM
Raised limits on wall/decor

Tassle23
12-28-12, 03:25 PM
Ships coming to shore. Could have adventures, pirates, visitors of all kinds, etc. And since I'm almost expanded to the shore by now... Please no dragons. I am all dragon-ed out from Dragon Story. Although it might be cool if a dragon appeared on top of that tower thing and Thurston et al. could go take it on.

cymoril69
12-28-12, 07:37 PM
I would love to see another new character!!! Like Thurston!

wassupbaby
12-28-12, 08:11 PM
I suggest bombs,nuclear weapons .... so we can start a war and blow up the castle. Hehheehe jk

Mudturtledove
12-28-12, 09:53 PM
I'd like a gate for my stone walls and some flower beds that link side by side to create a walkway. I'd also like to be able to put the sidewalk tiles under the archways. Thanks =)

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 04:52 AM
Can we please urgently get an increase in level caps? It's not very nice to punish avid players by letting them hit level cap and miss out on the level up energy bonuses.

Some ways to use up the existing stockpile would be good. Especially the beast drops, some of the fruit tree stuff, etc.

Would love to have a real interactive market that allows neighbors to sell excess stocks for coins. I have an extra gold apple that I would love to be able to pass onto less fortunate neighbors. Lower level players may max out on mermaid scales and tree saps but constantly low on coins. So would be nice if they can sell these resources to higher level neighbors for coins for a symbiotic relationship.

And please let us recycle some of the market goals/ caravans.

BTW, most of the higher level players have more coins than they know what to do with. I can buy cathedral foundations until I hit my RB cap and still have coins sitting around in my bank vault. So it doesn't make sense to reward higher level goals (kitchen caravan) with coins. Would be nice to have more special items as rewards, items similar to sir-P.

tiggerhobbes
12-29-12, 07:06 AM
Dye buildings DYE!!

Okay I apologize if I sounded rude :p

But, would be nice if we can change the buildings up with different dye. For example, apply yellow dye to the windmill to get a yellow roofed windmill; apply purple dye to the market to get purple roofed and purple awning market, etc.

Some buildings have good functionalities and players might place multiples for their functional purposes. But it's kind of boring to have a row of markets all of the same color. Would be nice to have the option to change things up.

blurbie
12-29-12, 01:27 PM
Gifts!

But not for me. Actually, that is the problem; they really are all for me. I have to keep a list so I can return in the order received.

What if you can give another gift (maxed out at 3) for each additional 75 friends afer 100? That would help so much! As we weed out inactive players, we end up with a higher concentration of active players and a longer, ever-growing list of gift-backs. My best neighbors expect me to visit but it is a nice feature to gift an earthwisp.

blurbie
12-29-12, 01:28 PM
I mean, gifts already max out at 3, so extra gifts if you have tons of neighbors would be ideal.

dng1234
12-29-12, 09:17 PM
Dye buildings DYE!!

Okay I apologize if I sounded rude :p

But, would be nice if we can change the buildings up with different dye. For example, apply yellow dye to the windmill to get a yellow roofed windmill; apply purple dye to the market to get purple roofed and purple awning market, etc.

Some buildings have good functionalities and players might place multiples for their functional purposes. But it's kind of boring to have a row of markets all of the same color. Would be nice to have the option to change things up.

I love this idea. If you want, have a few missions to unlock the ability and then you have to make the color dye to change the building to that color.

blurbie
01-02-13, 03:37 AM
Going down the stairs should open a portal to the Baron's village. Or at some point you go through into a new place where you start over in a new setting!

zombiefun
01-02-13, 01:47 PM
It would be nice if tavern dropping some food items now and then. Left overs for knights. :)

rengirl1978
01-03-13, 01:57 AM
I wish Sir Piggy would give out mermaid scales. I also wish that he wouldn't give you things that you are maxed out on!

Gifting more that 3 gifts a day! Please!

How about just an update in general?

rub1x
01-04-13, 12:33 PM
Balance Suggestions:

First, I suggest improving the energy drop rates on the fangbeast. For a beast with 5 health, dropping only 2 energy is rather disheartening. I think you'd see fewer players attempting to keep beasts as pets if it were more profitable (in terms of energy) to slay them. Adjust the energy drop rates so that the expected energy return is equal to or slightly less than their starting health.

I am quite happy to find skunkupines and glimmer trolls, since I can sometimes get more energy from ****ing them than I spend in fighting them. At the very least, I rarely receive less energy than I spent in fighting. However, this is not the case with the fangbeast, and I wonder why that is.

Second, I also suggest lowering the materials cost of building a windmill. The required materials for the windmill are more than twice that of the tavern, and yet it earns less per hour! Furthermore, the Observatory requires less materials to build, generates 60% more gold and is worth 150 RP to boot. In comparison with the other buildings available at that level, it seems as though the materials cost of the windmill is too high. 4 Royal Blocks, 4 Royal Beams, 2 Builders Paste and 60 Wool seems more appropriate, placing it between the cost of the tavern and the Observatory. (Or perhaps, raise the output of the windmill - either in terms of gold generated or raise the flour drop rate.)

jrwheoki
01-04-13, 03:16 PM
My suggestion is to streamline how neighbours are interacted with.....way too many steps are needed to visit each neighbour and collect hearts.

Current steps are....social-neighbours-visit......loading........click ACCEPT for random XP or gold........pinch screen to zoom out.....swirl finger around to find and collect hearts......social-(sometimes have to click 'neighbours' again)-rack brain to remember name of last neighbour you visited (cause their name disappears from the screen when you enter neighbour tab)-scroll down a little so as not to return to already visited neighbour-click visit!

My suggestion is... Do away with having accept gold or XP..it's a pointless step as there is no option to not accept.... Have the default entry screen into each neighbour be as zoomed out as possible (makes it easier to find hidden hearts) .. And incorporate/add a NEXT button which automatically loads the next neighbour in your list...

The method I am suggesting would mean all those steps above would be obsolete.... And would simply be... collect hearts... NEXT.... Repeat... Easy and time efficient.

I would also suggest neighbours are listed/ranked according to how many hearts they have first.. Then by name.... It's not fair that a neighbour with an A-name and no hearts gets visited more often (and gets the extra so from buildings) than Z-name neighbours who visits everyone to keep 4 hearts.

Of course all these ideas are just my opinion..but would be keen to hear what others think.

Tassle23
01-04-13, 04:28 PM
Agree with jrwheoki (hello neighbor!) on all counts.

wassupbaby
01-04-13, 04:31 PM
Yeah , i noticed the system before i started playing it and i named my kingdom like : Awesome Kingdom :D so i could get more visit. I also noticed that if you put a space before the name , then you could be on top of the neighbor's list. *sigh* i know it's unfair but so what , so is life. I'd like to see the list ranked according to the heart too , but like all TL's games , i dont think it gonna be true, sadly .

Tassle23
01-04-13, 04:46 PM
Yeah, in a stroke of genius I named my kingdom "Zoroaster." Visitors are few and far between...

missysayhi
01-04-13, 08:51 PM
I would love to see more characters, and the mermaid in a body of water sounds like a wonderful idea, as well as the idea of the mermaid drawing ships in. However, I'd also like to see more character development for Ivy, Thurston and the other characters. I would like to see them interact more. Please add more goals and areas to expand to. I've expanded to the limit and I'm gathering supplies until the next update... I love the game though!!!

wassupbaby
01-04-13, 09:06 PM
Yeah, in a stroke of genius I named my kingdom "Zoroaster." Visitors are few and far between...

Lol, then you should be prety active if you want more visitors xD

skartaris81
01-05-13, 06:50 AM
Coal Face > good for expanding.. :D

Perry9877
01-05-13, 04:43 PM
I have suggested it before, but I really would love to see a craftshoppe where you could craft items from wool and hides. . . Maybe a tailor??

arale_norimaki
01-05-13, 04:46 PM
I have suggested it before, but I really would love to see a craftshoppe where you could craft items from wool and hides. . . Maybe a tailor??

This totally makes sense! So far, wool and hides are pretty uselles :(

Wooly
01-05-13, 04:48 PM
Love having trees in my kingdom -- a giant redwood tree would be cool! Could make it expensive, take longer to mature, but give more chops than the other trees.

Perry9877
01-05-13, 05:10 PM

Oh, and of course, you could dye these items. . .

phantomnine
01-06-13, 06:20 PM
My suggestion is to streamline how neighbours are interacted with.....way too many steps are needed to visit each neighbour and collect hearts.

Current steps are....social-neighbours-visit......loading........click ACCEPT for random XP or gold........pinch screen to zoom out.....swirl finger around to find and collect hearts......social-(sometimes have to click 'neighbours' again)-rack brain to remember name of last neighbour you visited (cause their name disappears from the screen when you enter neighbour tab)-scroll down a little so as not to return to already visited neighbour-click visit!

My suggestion is... Do away with having accept gold or XP..it's a pointless step as there is no option to not accept.... Have the default entry screen into each neighbour be as zoomed out as possible (makes it easier to find hidden hearts) .. And incorporate/add a NEXT button which automatically loads the next neighbour in your list...

The method I am suggesting would mean all those steps above would be obsolete.... And would simply be... collect hearts... NEXT.... Repeat... Easy and time efficient.

I would also suggest neighbours are listed/ranked according to how many hearts they have first.. Then by name.... It's not fair that a neighbour with an A-name and no hearts gets visited more often (and gets the extra so from buildings) than Z-name neighbours who visits everyone to keep 4 hearts.

Of course all these ideas are just my opinion..but would be keen to hear what others think.

I so agree with you in regards to ranking the neighbors according to how many hearts they have. The one with 4 hearts should be at the top of the list. I have four hearts my self.......PhantomNine

jjwm
01-06-13, 07:19 PM
More characters, ways to use all items in inventory, sell/buy/trade items. Please just keep it interesting!! I've played most of the TL games. This is by far my fav and I just want to keep playing :)

blurbie
01-07-13, 02:53 AM
Something to make with wool and dye.
Another market with shopping villagers.
Ability to roost my chickens in trees or on hedges or on roads.
A paddock for animals, same size as cathedral that I can put farm animals on.
Archery area (display)
Fairy display
Ivy on walls that will match white stone and wood archway.

phantomnine
01-07-13, 01:57 PM
How about a draw bridge for our castle and water (like road pieces)?

ktappe
01-07-13, 02:54 PM
This totally makes sense! So far, wool and hides are pretty uselles :(

Wool is needed for constructing the windmill. But as best I can tell, that's it. Until I wanted the windmill, I didn't even bother having a sheep. And since constructing it, I don't bother harvesting the sheep anymore.

arale_norimaki
01-07-13, 02:56 PM
Wool is needed for constructing the windmill. But as best I can tell, that's it. Until I wanted the windmill, I didn't even bother having a sheep. And since constructing it, I don't bother harvesting the sheep anymore.

I do it for prime cuts! I am maxed out on wool, will build a windmill as soon as the update is here and I am sure I will not need my wool and royal construction stuff for anything else :)

beaniedee6
01-07-13, 06:21 PM
If you have the stable, that drops wool too. I built my windmill (60 wool) and was back up to 99 wool in maybe a week (probably less, but I wasn't really keeping track), with only collecting from two stables (no sheep).

Em_storm
01-09-13, 11:14 AM
The Drawbridge and Mermaid sound like fun to me, and the Coal Face would be great. I was actually hoping TL would give us coal in our stockings for Christmas, but alas, none. They could have called the goal "Merry Wispmas"....

TheTimer
01-11-13, 12:01 AM
I'd like a gate for my stone walls and some flower beds that link side by side to create a walkway. I'd also like to be able to put the sidewalk tiles under the archways. Thanks =)
I love the idea, sidewalks can be put on lines of arrangement grid.

maguar
01-11-13, 04:09 PM
You can add suggestions to the new thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?44204-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread) and vote on the options.