PDA

View Full Version : Deforestation

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 05:28 AM
Hi,

The recent builder's paste contest left my kingdom treeless and my inventory sapless >_< I now need to buy "nature" items to get sap.

I don't want to waste energy watering them. Which "dead" item gives me a fair chance of getting tree sap? For example, I don't think old logs and plant in a log offers sap?

Which item do you usually purchase for sap?

Thank you :-)

vanillaheaven
12-24-12, 06:17 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the "dead" items don't really drop sap. The most sap is given by the sawmills, of which you can have 2. Otherwise, I buy willow trees. I get four or more of them, and then water them once an hour or so, so that I don't feel too energy deprived :) It takes a while, but I haven't found another way to gather sap. Hope I helped a bit :)

tiggerhobbes
12-24-12, 06:50 PM
Thanks :-) I just remembered my pet troll has been guarding a small patch of reserve forest, so for now crisis averted :D

But, but, but, would be nice to have a source of sap w/o having to water new trees >_<

vanillaheaven
12-24-12, 11:36 PM
You could also try expanding to get grown trees. It takes some time, but the extra space is good anyway :D

tiggerhobbes
12-25-12, 02:26 AM
Thank you, I just expanded, which earned me a grand total of ... (drum rolls please) 4 trees >_<

It looked so lush before I paid up :-(

The space is useful though :-) My place is very cluttered with too many large buildings so I can definitely use the space. Hopefully they will come up with some sort of "sap rich tree" like the "iron rich rock" later on in the game, I can't keep expanding forever :-(

vanillaheaven
12-25-12, 02:59 AM
Hopefully they will come up with some sort of "sap rich tree" like the "iron rich rock" later on in the game

That's actually a cool idea ^.^ And yeah, I think the "preview" we see has nothing to do with what we actually get when expanding...

maguar
12-25-12, 04:21 AM
Thank you, I just expanded, which earned me a grand total of ... (drum rolls please) 4 trees >_<

It looked so lush before I paid up :-(

The space is useful though :-) My place is very cluttered with too many large buildings so I can definitely use the space. Hopefully they will come up with some sort of "sap rich tree" like the "iron rich rock" later on in the game, I can't keep expanding forever :-(

Why not put the sap rich tree idea in the suggestion thread?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41983-Castle-Story-Suggestion-Poll-amp-Suggestions-Dec-10

tiggerhobbes
12-25-12, 05:57 AM
Why not put the sap rich tree idea in the suggestion thread?

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41983-Castle-Story-Suggestion-Poll-amp-Suggestions-Dec-10

Your wish is my command u__u ...........

catcrack
12-25-12, 01:09 PM
Hi,

The recent builder's paste contest left my kingdom treeless and my inventory sapless >_< I now need to buy "nature" items to get sap.

I don't want to waste energy watering them. Which "dead" item gives me a fair chance of getting tree sap?

Thank you :-)
Had I just seen this before gifting you an Earth Wisp, I could have sent you a bucket `osap instead.

tiggerhobbes
12-25-12, 06:22 PM
Had I just seen this before gifting you an Earth Wisp, I could have sent you a bucket `osap instead.

Aww thanks mate :-) I was just doing a silly stockpile contest, but have no real urgent needs for sap. I can always use wisp for the Dark cave quest though :D

catcrack
12-25-12, 06:31 PM
Aww thanks mate :-) I was just doing a silly stockpile contest, but have no real urgent needs for sap. I can always use wisp for the Dark cave quest though :D

I just checked my inventory and had 98 sap, drop by and take all you need. Thank goodness I got the third shard today for Xmas, the glimmer dust has been maxing out too.

maguar
12-25-12, 06:49 PM
I just checked my inventory and had 98 sap, drop by and take all you need. Thank goodness I got the third shard today for Xmas, the glimmer dust has been maxing out too.

I was like that until I started a major drive crafting enchanted blocks and beams. My stockpile went in no time.

tiggerhobbes
12-25-12, 06:52 PM
I'd come over to steal yours catcrack, but I don't think I can outrun your herd of race cattles :p