PDA

View Full Version : Team lava and bakery story make Toronto headlines

lesleypsg1
12-09-10, 07:33 PM
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/904145--kids-rack-up-huge-iphone-charges-through-smurfs-game

I post this to point out that most of these games have in app purchase and parents do need to be careful when letting their kids play.

There have been many angry posts directed at Team Lavas games over in app purchases. If you read the article, you will understand, it is now the industry standard as implemented by Apple.

So whether you let your kids play Story games, Smurfs, We, tap, etc., in app purchases are available as a standard. Many of us like the ease. Some detest it. Either way, just be aware and be careful.

Unregistered
12-09-10, 07:41 PM
Ok, well not headlines, but news...lol

Unregistered
12-09-10, 08:14 PM
First off, TL had a sentence or two in this article, so it really ad nothing to do with TL. This story deals with another developer & Smurfs game. Misleading topic title. Seriously, I get SO tired of coming here & seeing so many bash TL. Do us a favor...don't play these games if you are only going to be negative. We have enough negativity in our world right now (ever watch the news?). I for one am so grateful for TL's story games...it's a nice 'escape' time. GREAT job TL!

Unregistered
12-09-10, 08:43 PM
First off, TL had a sentence or two in this article, so it really ad nothing to do with TL. This story deals with another developer & Smurfs game. Misleading topic title. Seriously, I get SO tired of coming here & seeing so many bash TL. Do us a favor...don't play these games if you are only going to be negative. We have enough negativity in our world right now (ever watch the news?). I for one am so grateful for TL's story games...it's a nice 'escape' time. GREAT job TL!

I completely agree with the negativity. If you spend some time here reading the posts it becomes quite depressing. Nearly every post is an attack on teamlava or on another person. It makes me sad. I love these games, I truly do, and yes I would love to see updates, but I don't lose sleep over it. If I do have a problem I search for answers first, and if I do need to start a thread I try to do it politely, because at the end of the day TeamLava are people, and people make mistakes, and they also have feelings.

Annette101
12-09-10, 09:44 PM
http://www.thestar.com/business/article/904145--kids-rack-up-huge-iphone-charges-through-smurfs-game

I post this to point out that most of these games have in app purchase and parents do need to be careful when letting their kids play.

There have been many angry posts directed at Team Lavas games over in app purchases. If you read the article, you will understand, it is now the industry standard as implemented by Apple.

So whether you let your kids play Story games, Smurfs, We, tap, etc., in app purchases are available as a standard. Many of us like the ease. Some detest it. Either way, just be aware and be careful.

Thanks for the article, Lesley! Lol at the person thinking you are negative when you are a pretty fair and level headed poster here.

I bought smurfberries for my son and myself, not once did we get them by accident. In app purchases require the password I'm pretty sure regardless of when the last time you used your password. I just plain do not believe the people who say they waited and their kids still were able to make purchases. The reporter should have done more research, tested it out a bit. The smurf village game was fun and totally reasonably priced since I limited us to $10 each. I leveled all the way up and am totally happy with my smurf's village experience. Would love some updates but what can you do? It's just a game.

I wouldn't let a four year old use my phone or iPad. My son has his own 16 gb touch and he's nine and he still can't touch my phone.

Unregistered
12-09-10, 11:28 PM
I am the guest that you misunderstood as saying Leslie was negative. I wasn't speaking of her as being negative...not at all. I was talking about a large majority of posters here. I did see posting a story about the smurfs game, & giving a topic header as it being about TL, was/is inviting more negativity & TL bashing. Would I like more updates? You bet, but we all need to keep in mind that this is a game. Seriously, look at all that is going on in our world...some major BIG stuff, & we want to vent, vent, vent about a game that is just that...a game? Get perspective. In the big scheme of things, this is just fun...so let it be just that. There's a much better way to ask for things (updates), than being mean & rude.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:32 AM
Thank you for all posted! Yes no more negativity! :)

lesleypsg1
12-10-10, 03:43 AM
. I did see posting a story about the smurfs game, & giving a topic header as it being about TL, was/is inviting more negativity & TL bashing.

I'm sorry that was your interpretation. That of course was not my intent, as I am one who has spoken against the negativity in the past, with my I.d. attached.

After I posted I realized the headline was misleading and not quirky as I intended, so I amended. Sadly, no edit feature on the forum.

The purpose of the post wasn't to bash any developer. It's to educate. To show that Story games and their in app purchase method, are industry standard. As such, not a scam.

That some don't like it is one thing, but to label it fraud, scam, unethical? I think not.

That people will continue to be negative, rail against what they feel (rightly or wrongly) to be unfair, will go on. There isn't much any of us can do about those we think may be 'over the top'. It's just life. There is freedom of speech. Those who are rebutted in what others see as negative posts do have to start accepting that disagreement as well. For the same reason. Freedom of speech.

I personally love the games, with or without updates. I'd like to see posts that aren't so rude as well. From both sides of the coin. But I only have control over my own thoughts and feelings, and how I express them.

I do read the news, as you can tell. I did post a news article...lol

People who become knowledgeable about standards like in app purchases can safeguard their funds. If then they make purchases as an oops, they at least realize that no one else is to blame, and some negativity can be ceased or diverted. That was my intent.

Basically, stop picking on the developers. If you have a problem about the standard, take it up with those in control: Apple.

Thanks to everyone who commented. Now let's get out there, enjoy the games, be nice to each other, and be careful with your kids playing and your tap fingers.

lesleypsg1
12-10-10, 03:51 AM
Thank you Annette101. 

Unregistered
12-10-10, 03:56 AM
You are confusing many issues into one. I have not seen a post on in-app purchasing for some time. I think most ppl understand how that works now. For the ppl who are upset with TL, it is because their game descriptions continue to say Weekly Updates. I find it strange that none of you directly address that issue. It's not a question of being patient or anything else. TL is being disingenuous at best. Do you really think it is a good thing to do, to say "Weekly Updates on their latest game Bakery Story? Why don't you try addressing the real issue. They are misleading and outright lying to potential customers. My and others aim is to get them to stop doing that. They have never addressed this issue with us, the customers, in any way. Or why they continue to promise weekly updates in their app descriptions.
So address that if you will...Directly. Goodness knows TL never does. I think all you ppl must work for TL. I love these games and have been playing them for quite awhile. I wish TL had better ethics.

lesleypsg1
12-10-10, 04:11 AM
You are confusing many issues into one. I have not seen a post on in-app purchasing for some time. I think most ppl understand how that works now. For the ppl who are upset with TL, it is because their game descriptions continue to say Weekly Updates. I find it strange that none of you directly address that issue. It's not a question of being patient or anything else. TL is being disingenuous at best. Do you really think it is a good thing to do, to say "Weekly Updates on their latest game Bakery Story? Why don't you try addressing the real issue. They are misleading and outright lying to potential customers. My and others aim is to get them to stop doing that. They have never addressed this issue with us, the customers, in any way. Or why they continue to promise weekly updates in their app descriptions.
So address that if you will...Directly. Goodness knows TL never does. I think all you ppl must work for TL. I love these games and have been playing them for quite awhile. I wish TL had better ethics.

I did address it by saying that I love the games, with or without updates. Min that updates, while yes, would be nice, not a necessary for me.

Ok, as to you being upset that it's in the game description:

It would only constitute a fraud if it cost you and others money to download the game. As it's a free game, and yes, the basics are free, no fraud. A judge would tell you to just stop playing.

Yes, I hear you like the games too :)

For false or misleading advertising, you have to prove it was never, and still isn't, their intention to provide these goals. It's still a fairly new company, with a fairly new medium. So I believe it was their intention at the onset. I also believe, from what I've been reading, that they hit some snags in the plans. I think once they get through this rough period, they'll fulfil their promise and their goal.

So it's not false, it's delayed.

I personally take no issue with the fact that they still have weekly updates in the description. It hasn't caused me to lose anything and I do believe that it is in their short term business plan. And legally that is the key. What are you losing? Nothing.

I'm sorry you're frustrated I don't share your frustration.

Have to get off to work now so I hope you have a great day. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad about all of this.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 04:29 AM
You are entitled to your opinion, feelings, whatever. So am I. And I am entitled to post them. I will continue posting them until they address this issue or change their game description. No one has said that we lost any money by it. But it is wrong. It is just plain wrong. If they have had a problem with providing weekly updates and still intend to provide that, don't you think they would explain that? They never have and weekly updates is a subject that Norman does not respond to. He merely says that more updates are planned. That is a far cry from weekly updates. I think that any honest company would address the situation with their customers. Many of us have invested real money in this game thinking that we would have new content every week. The fact that we have not is dissapointing but the worst part is that they continue to say this in their app descriptions. They should remove that from the description until they start making good on their promise. The fact that they have not removed it on their own or answered any of our questions or given any explanations shows their real intent as far as I am concerned. You have a good day at work.
Tell, the rest of the TL team we are still waiting.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 06:09 AM
You are entitled to your opinion, feelings, whatever. So am I. And I am entitled to post them. I will continue posting them until they address this issue or change their game description. No one has said that we lost any money by it. But it is wrong. It is just plain wrong. If they have had a problem with providing weekly updates and still intend to provide that, don't you think they would explain that? They never have and weekly updates is a subject that Norman does not respond to. He merely says that more updates are planned. That is a far cry from weekly updates. I think that any honest company would address the situation with their customers. Many of us have invested real money in this game thinking that we would have new content every week. The fact that we have not is dissapointing but the worst part is that they continue to say this in their app descriptions. They should remove that from the description until they start making good on their promise. The fact that they have not removed it on their own or answered any of our questions or given any explanations shows their real intent as far as I am concerned. You have a good day at work.

So you ask another player to respond by telling you why it's not bothering them what is bothering you and you attack them and insult them when they do. That's makes you a grade A (edit). No wonder no one is taking your concerns seriously. You are just a nasty human being who probably works for a competitors company. That's if you even work at all. Ever hear of picking your battles in life? How about picking one that is actually real and important and can help man kind, instead of whining about stupid semantics in a game and something that is not, in any grand scheme of things, important, to anything. You probably nit pick about stupid **** in real life too. That is if you even have a life outside of cyber gaming. Pathetic. You must think you're more important than anyone else. You're not. Your one voice who probably posts most of the garbage around here and pretends to more than one person. Or maybe you are in a split personality way. If people are nasty to you, it's because you bring it out in them! I almost wished there were on updates and they keep it in just to spite you! Almost, because I love the games and would like to see updates. I'm just not as petty as you are though. Now go back to your job at the competition as the real players of team lavas games know you're just trying to create problems.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 06:21 AM

Would it have ****ed you to say something like " thanks for posting, tho I disagree". That ppl could've respected and been open to. Your attack demonstrated why your concern is being ignored. It's all in presentation.

To the o.p. Thanks for then info, though I do think ppl are more aware of this standard now.

I'd like updates myself, but like you, am more willing to wait it out rather than by making silly arrogant and impotent demands. Probably just a teenager who hasn't developed social s****s yet, though from what I've seen in one of your other posts, on another thread, I doubt these types even phase you. Am i right? 

Unregistered
12-10-10, 08:59 AM
So you ask another player to respond by telling you why it's not bothering them what is bothering you and you attack them and insult them when they do. That's makes you a grade A (edit). No wonder no one is taking your concerns seriously. You are just a nasty human being who probably works for a competitors company. That's if you even work at all. Ever hear of picking your battles in life? How about picking one that is actually real and important and can help man kind, instead of whining about stupid semantics in a game and something that is not, in any grand scheme of things, important, to anything. You probably nit pick about stupid **** in real life too. That is if you even have a life outside of cyber gaming. Pathetic. You must think you're more important than anyone else. You're not. Your one voice who probably posts most of the garbage around here and pretends to more than one person. Or maybe you are in a split personality way. If people are nasty to you, it's because you bring it out in them! I almost wished there were on updates and they keep it in just to spite you! Almost, because I love the games and would like to see updates. I'm just not as petty as you are though. Now go back to your job at the competition as the real players of team lavas games know you're just trying to create problems.

Oh my goodness. Talk about nasty! I have not attacked any person. Only TL for their practices, which are unethical. You also did not address my main point. I find it funny that everyone talks about "updates" like we, and I do mean we, is what we are concerned about. I have reiterated this many times and so have many others, that it is the description of Weekly Updates in their app descriptions that is not right. I would think TL would have better things to do than to attack me for a legitimate issue. They are ignoring it because they cannot justify that kind of behavior. All this could be avoided if they were honest about things. There seems to be a lot of information by the OP that no one else seems to know. I find it interesting that ppl have nothing better to do than attack me. Why don't you follow your own advice and worry about things that are "more important". I do not work for any competitor. I am an independent researcher, but I play these games for fun. I truly enjoy the games. I wouldn't be having a problem with any of it, if this had been handled at all by your co-workers at TL. It is their refusal to discuss this in any substantive way or to be honest with the public. Now there...despite your nastiness I have not attacked you, called you names like you did to me. Your post says more about you than about me.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 09:18 AM
Oh my goodness. Talk about nasty! I have not attacked any person. Only TL for their practices, which are unethical. You also did not address my main point. I find it funny that everyone talks about "updates" like we, and I do mean we, is what we are concerned about. I have reiterated this many times and so have many others, that it is the description of Weekly Updates in their app descriptions that is not right. I would think TL would have better things to do than to attack me for a legitimate issue. They are ignoring it because they cannot justify that kind of behavior. All this could be avoided if they were honest about things. There seems to be a lot of information by the OP that no one else seems to know. I find it interesting that ppl have nothing better to do than attack me. Why don't you follow your own advice and worry about things that are "more important". I do not work for any competitor. I am an independent researcher, but I play these games for fun. I truly enjoy the games. I wouldn't be having a problem with any of it, if this had been handled at all by your co-workers at TL. It is their refusal to discuss this in any substantive way or to be honest with the public. Now there...despite your nastiness I have not attacked you, called you names like you did to me. Your post says more about you than about me.

That's all you have done is attack other players. If you believe you haven't, (seriously?) then you really do need help. The o.p. Is one of my neighbors so if you are really a researcher you stink at it if you think she's staff. Better find a new career. You really are a nasty person aren't you. I hope you aren't one of my neighbors. Nasty nasty nasty.
Are you someone who craves attention, even if it's negative? You seem to want it by your accusations against other players. One of whom was nice enough to respond like you requested, only to have you snarl and make false accusations at her. Unbelievable you are. I think you must work for the competitors. It's the only thing that is starting to make sense.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 09:34 AM
I have not attacked anyone...perhaps you need to look in the mirror. The OP keeps replying to my messages, but seems to be taking the same line and misunderstanding my point. I did not attack her. I simply asked her to address my point directly. Which she did. I appreciate the fact that she did so, but the information she had, which is more of an explanation than we've ever gotten from TL itself makes me think she works for them. Don't worry, I don't think you are one of my neighbors. My neighbors are lovely people...they are one of the best things about these games. Now, if you'll excuse me, my cake is ready to come out of the oven. I don't want it to spoil.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 09:38 AM
To the only negative poster on this thread:

So, you're a researcher you say? Are you using players as your Guinea pigs by any chance?

Effects of provoking them or trying to evoke a mob mentality over trivial things? That would be unethical IMO. Everyone stop responding to this person. I don't think they're a real player. Either works for another company or is using us all for their thesis. Be careful in other threads too since we know this researcher is watching how we react to things.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 09:56 AM
You guys at TL need to go back to work. I'm not writing a thesis or anything remotely like it. The nasty poster questioned whether I work or not. Those of us who are upset abut TL's unethical behavior are trying to raise a legitimate issue. All this attention has to be organized by TL. Most ppl on this forum would not be bothered to reply unless it was an issue that bothered them. So I guess we have hit a nerve. All TL has to do is have an honest conversation and let us know what is going on and remove the "Weekly Update" from their game description until they actually do have weekly updates. That's all we want. I don't think that is unreasonable. We love the games. We just want TL to be responsive and responsible.

lesleypsg1
12-10-10, 10:04 AM
Original poster here.

Wow, this thread got way off topic. I don't work for team lava Lol. If I did, I'd lock this thread. I'm just a player who read up on their business trade mark page ( found the link through this forum), facebook, and other threads that the mod posted in. Also, I have the ability to form my own conclusions with pieces of info.

It was an information item, not an attempt to open debate. It's sad that no one, it seems, can respect people that have differing opinions from their own, without making accusations of either complicity or competition. I suppose that's why the world is in the mess it is. Nuff said. Already too much off topic banter.

Thanks to those who felt they had to defend me. It's very sweet yet unnecessary.

Hope all are having a great day.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 11:19 AM
I guess Im kinda......in the dark. help me out here....

The game is .....free. Yes, I said...free. that means that people are designing, coding, buying servers, doing advertising, creating you tube videos, doing PR work, answering questions, fixing bugs, developing, and basically working their butt off......for free!! Now, all this is done in hopes that someone will part with a measly $5 or so (we're talking a cup of starbucks here to keep it in perspective).....to make a FREAKING LIVING..!!!!

When was the last time, you got hours of FREE entertainment, fun, thought provoking times.......and paid $0.00 for it and still [edit] about it??? Go to the movies and spend $10 plus popcorn and drinks for 2hrs of entertainment.....and lemme know how it compares. I think that people lose perspective of what $1 is, or should I say a measly $5 and how we piss away money without thinking about it, but are quick to [edit] about a free lunch.

Id NEVER put up with this **** that the general public does to an app developer for a free **** game.

Merry Christmas....
Chris
(awefulhouse is my ID on Restaurant and Bakery)

Unregistered
12-10-10, 11:37 AM
This is so off base...do you even comprehend the real complaint? Am I missing something here? Did someone put a *** to their heads and make them promise weekly updates? C'mon man! I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living. I've supported the game by buying city cash and gems and cases. I can tell you that TL's in-app currency is more expensive than any other game company out there. Buying gems and cash are not the issue. Most of us do that. Ima say this one last time....don't promise what you can't deliver. If you are having a problem with it, let us know. Avoiding the subject only breeds more frustration. And don't keep promising weekly content in the new games you made instead of providing the updates you promised. If they at least removed that from their game description, I for, one would be satisfied.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 11:48 AM
I agree with that last statement. Dont promise what you cant deliver.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 11:56 AM
This is so off base...do you even comprehend the real complaint? Am I missing something here? Did someone put a *** to their heads and make them promise weekly updates? C'mon man! I don't begrudge anyone trying to make a living. I've supported the game by buying city cash and gems and cases. I can tell you that TL's in-app currency is more expensive than any other game company out there. Buying gems and cash are not the issue. Most of us do that. Ima say this one last time....don't promise what you can't deliver. If you are having a problem with it, let us know. Avoiding the subject only breeds more frustration. And don't keep promising weekly content in the new games you made instead of providing the updates you promised. If they at least removed that from their game description, I for, one would be satisfied.

Lol u r like a dog with a moldy old bone man! Your grief doesn't belong on this thread yet you come in here all blazing accusing people of [edit] like working for the company, even when they're nice to you. [edit]. Guess u plan on posting this same [edit] and attacking anyone who makes a positive post or comment that doesn't have to do with them posting WEEKLY UPDATES. Boy the staff list at team lava is getting bigger all the time. U fruitcake. Figure it out dude, not everybody gives a [edit]. Now go piss in someone elses cornflakes. Let me be clear, I DON'T CARE THAT THE SITE SAYS WEEKLY UPDATES AND I DON'T CARE IF THEY REMOVE THAT OR NOT. I do care that you're becoming a p.I.t.a. And posting this broken record everywhere someone says something nice or positive and not on this topic. Now go research something other than how to annoy the [edit] out of other players in the forum.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:08 PM
Dude, you are not gonna shut me up. I don't post this on any thread, just on the ones that seem appropriate. This one did. I don't care if you agree with me or not. That's your right. I have no problem that ppl may disagree. That's fine. Too bad you don't accord others the same rights. If you don't like the posts...it's simple..don't read them.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:15 PM
Dude, you are not gonna shut me up. I don't post this on any thread, just on the ones that seem appropriate. This one did. I don't care if you agree with me or not. That's your right. I have no problem that ppl may disagree. That's fine. Too bad you don't accord others the same rights. If you don't like the posts...it's simple..don't read them.

How? How was it appropriate man to spill this [edit] on a thread about a news article in another country that had to do with in app purchases? How? The thread had nothing to do with your gripe, nothing! [edit].

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:24 PM
I'm not going bother explaining it to you because you aren't interested in the explanation. You guys are really something else. You all accuse me of attacking others when you are the ones accusing me of working for the competition, etc. When you get it back you go off like a firecracker. (Cracker being the operative word.) Keep flaming till your fingers fall off. I really don't care.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:33 PM
I'm not going bother explaining it to you because you aren't interested in the explanation. You guys are really something else. You all accuse me of attacking others when you are the ones accusing me of working for the competition, etc. When you get it back you go off like a firecracker. (Cracker being the operative word.) Keep flaming till your fingers fall off. I really don't care.

Ya that's what I thought. Denial is a beautiful thing ain't it? Too bad you can't just admit you were wrong. You know, like what you're screaming for the game devs to do. Hypocrite. You'd know.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:40 PM

Look familiar hypocrite? Until here there was no false accusations about ppl. U started it. Your next post you accuse the person who had the guts to leave their name to answer you of being someone else, then carried it on from there.
Take some responsibility as that's what ur asking others to do.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:41 PM
If I thought for one minute you were interested in a dialogue exchanging points of view without insults, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. Since I know you only want to insult people who don't agree with you, it's not worth my time. Besides, I don't want to continue trying to match wits with the unarmed.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:49 PM
If I thought for one minute you were interested in a dialogue exchanging points of view without insults, I'd be happy to talk to you about it. Since I know you only want to insult people who don't agree with you, it's not worth my time. Besides, I don't want to continue trying to match wits with the unarmed.

Your credibility now lays tattered. You won't even admit u were in the wrong yet u demand it of others. So very very sad. Fine I take your surrender and if u post this unrelated stuff again and attack ppl I'll call you on it again. For the record, I want updates too. Not willing to go all freaky over their ad wording tho.

Unregistered
12-10-10, 12:54 PM
What was I wrong about? It's a matter of opinion...you don't agree. It's as simple as that. It doesn't mean I'm wrong. I saw some postings that I wanted to respond to. It's that simple. It's not like I post on every thread on here. We all would like updates but that is not even the point anymore. I just want a little honesty from them. That's all. Talk to us honestly about why they are not providing the updates. If they thought they could do it and then found out later that that couldn't, why can't they say that and fix the game descriptions?

Unregistered
12-31-10, 01:21 PM
Just got done wasting a good 8 or so minutes of my life reading all the posts on this topic.

And all I can ask is..
What have any of you accomplished from this?
It's like you all have a burning desire to just keep on going back and forth with each other like it's going to get you somewhere.
Like an itch you have to scratch.
Shame you all couldn't have just moved on lol

Unregistered
12-31-10, 01:37 PM
Just got done wasting a good 8 or so minutes of my life reading all the posts on this topic.

And all I can ask is..
What have any of you accomplished from this?
It's like you all have a burning desire to just keep on going back and forth with each other like it's going to get you somewhere.
Like an itch you have to scratch.
Shame you all couldn't have just moved on lol

Oh please don't get these guys going again. They carried their little thing over the forum for days. Personally I think it was between two guys falling in love by forum flame.