PDA

View Full Version : Too many pop ups!

aimeeq
12-22-12, 05:11 PM
Can you make the pop ups only come once each day at the least? Please?

rengirl1978
12-22-12, 08:13 PM
What do you mean by pop ups?

aimeeq
12-22-12, 09:12 PM
The things that pop up when you open the game that you have to click to make go away

catcrack
12-22-12, 09:53 PM
Sure, only play once a day and you will only see them once (=^ェ^=)

sweetstuff525
12-24-12, 11:18 PM
I love the ads.. Keep them coming tl

obama_papa
12-26-12, 09:57 AM
Yes, the pop ups are very disturbing especially when it reverted back to the last scenario in the game. ( Actions taken not counted ) TL desperately want us to install their new games !

ninjaAhug
12-28-12, 12:22 AM
Yay a new update oh wait when I'm on 3G or my Internet is a little slow its incredibly annoying and I don't mind them getting in the way every time I load the game :P

rengirl1978
12-28-12, 12:52 AM
I do not notice any ad pop ups...?

ninjaAhug
12-28-12, 01:24 AM
Not normal pop ups ever time I load castle story now it's down load this game play that game blah blah blah if u already have them that's probably why you won't see them.

littlebigspooner
12-28-12, 05:36 AM
I really can't bear this. If I wanted to play all the other games I'd download them. I hate how it's using 'download other TL games' as quests!!! Makes me want to get rid of the whole lot. And as someone else mentioned, it seems to reset any actions I've already done before one of these stupid download quests comes up.

Grrrr.

saintcabbage
12-28-12, 09:38 AM
I have to agree, it's way more egrecious than it's ever been. If I click through them all, and load the game 2 minutes later... Processing... .click click click, NO! In my angst of clicking, I've accidentally bought items that cost a significant amount of gems... :( Bakery, Restaurant, Castle Story, all of them... if I wanted to play Bingo, I would have downloaded it by now.... please stop! Clicking through the pop-ups takes longer than serving my food.

rengirl1978
12-28-12, 10:32 AM
When they offer gems, I do try the new games, but I have to say, I ABHOR that bubble popping game!! Oh it makes me so mad!

OrdinaryJoe
12-28-12, 10:42 AM
The really annoying thing is getting pop-ups of old goals. The past couple of days, I've been getting pop-ups for the Loretta/bread oven goals. And it's not just one pop-up. It's a series of pop-ups that go through the different goal steps. Closing one pop-up leads to the next goal step... and so on..

This is definitely a glitch, as I'm sure there is no purpose served by these old goals popping up like this.

whizzzard
12-28-12, 02:50 PM
Because its a free to play game, I dont mind the pop ups (although they are very annoying) I can deal with it. The problem I have is sometimes not one but 2 games pop up, one right after another, and in most cases its the same 2 games ALL the time, which I'm so sick of now. And then now there is a 3rd pop up, GEM SALE! BUY NOW! Yes I saw the first message I dont need it flashed every singe time I Load the game.
So my advice is to just plug 1 game a week, or at fixed intervals, not on every single load. I would also like to see a menu within the castle story goals menu, for all those other NON castle story games that just pile up at the top and seem to never go away.
Ive installed the games, collected my 200+ gems (thanks for that) and now have deleted them, so please get out of my list!

olcastle
12-28-12, 05:26 PM
I installed and play all their games but now they're harassing me with the sale ad. The offer will end in 56:02:22...21... but it will be a new pop-up ad after that I'm sure.
And honestly the Messages pop-up is totally unnecessary too because there is the badge icon in the corner.
Most of the the time there are no new messages anyway but pop-up is here.

cymoril69
12-28-12, 08:11 PM
The good news is......you get a fair amount of gems as rewards when you complete these quests, from the Baron......that's why I continue to do them, even though they aren't my favorite thing to do. I just make sure I don't spend any money on them at all. I agree on that bubble popping game.....Ugh.

whizzzard
12-29-12, 01:52 PM
WOW today was the first day i didnt get ANY game pop ups, just a gem sale, which is fine!

THANKS!

midnightmeerkat
12-29-12, 02:44 PM
When they offer gems, I do try the new games, but I have to say, I ABHOR that bubble popping game!! Oh it makes me so mad!

It makes me mad too...however I keep on playing it :)

nmishii
12-29-12, 02:51 PM
The really annoying thing is getting pop-ups of old goals. The past couple of days, I've been getting pop-ups for the Loretta/bread oven goals. And it's not just one pop-up. It's a series of pop-ups that go through the different goal steps. Closing one pop-up leads to the next goal step... and so on..

This is definitely a glitch, as I'm sure there is no purpose served by these old goals popping up like this.

I get the old goals too on all my games and its annoying. There is a purpose though ... some are time limited and the popup asks if you want the reward for gems. If you accidentally say you want to, I'm not sure, but I'll bet it takes your gems and doesn't give you the reward if you already got it. More gems spent for TL!

aimeeq
12-29-12, 03:17 PM
Once a day is fine but every time you open the game is a little much. I know it is a free game but if I don't do it the first 100 times, I'm not going to

lalisa
12-29-12, 05:40 PM
I really can't bear this. If I wanted to play all the other games I'd download them. I hate how it's using 'download other TL games' as quests!!! Makes me want to get rid of the whole lot. And as someone else mentioned, it seems to reset any actions I've already done before one of these stupid download quests comes up.

Grrrr.

Well, the one thing about playing the other games is the very generous gem rewards that come with various achievement levels. I've earned over 200 gems in the past week and then I just delete the annoying games when I've maxed out the rewards like bakery and restraint story, bubble mania nd jewel mania. They are so annoying but the rewards save u from gem purchases

maguar
12-29-12, 05:46 PM
iOS players do not get gems as rewards for downloading or playing other games. Quests that reward gems are unrelated.

littlebigspooner
12-30-12, 11:06 AM
Yeh you don't get the gems for actually downloading the games!! I know that in most cases once I've downloaded one of the games that quest disappears, then another quest for 'collect from a coin building' comes up and you get gems. That's great and I'm not saying I don't want more gems. But it doesn't stop at download the game. Then it's 'get to level 7'. Then 'get to level 9'. I'm not gonna sit there and play 3 or 4 other games to the ninth and tenth levels when I didn't want them in the first place!! All because I want rid of them on the game I DO want to play!

Regretfully deleting Castle Story now. I was enjoying the game but the constant pop ups for other TL Games and gem sales and general pushing for 'SPEND MONEY NOW' is really bugging me. Disappointed.

zenemi
01-04-13, 02:31 PM
It would be actually be fine if it was JUST every time I load the game. I get ads for a Bingo game I have no desire to play and will never, ever download, roughly every 4 minutes while I'm in the game playing. Sometimes they are much more frequent.

Just now, I collected from my farmhouses, then got a bingo ad that undid the action I had just taken (and didn't give me back the energy). As soon as I clicked through the ad and tried to collect from the farmhouse again, the same ad came up and cancelled my actions again - within about 30 seconds.

I don't mind being advertised to to some extent - but these pop up ads directly take away from gameplay and they do so constantly. They are so frustrating. I play tons of iOS games from all kinds of developers and no other company is this invasive and insistent with their ads. Most don't advertise their other games at all. The popups in this game only got this bad about a month ago. Before that it was completely manageable.

At this rate, all the ads have accomplished is to be sure that I will never download another TeamLava game because I know it will be next to unplayable with constant ads.

Please, please, please TeamLava - one popup ad every time I log in to the game is enough. You don't need to interrupt the game every four minutes and make it impossible to play.