PDA

View Full Version : Blocking the door?

Unregistered
12-09-10, 02:18 AM
I'm intrigued by the tactic of blocking the door so no customers can enter. I've seen this a lot in both bakery and restaurant. What does this achieve as I just can't work it out? Surely no food sells I'm mystified!

Unregistered
12-09-10, 02:53 AM
Hi I always block the door when I am redecorating so I can clearly lay things out. It is most helpful when you are suddenly surprised to find youself short on food, want to close up for the night or have little $ to bake because of big purchases. It allows you to just bake and get caught up. That's the main purpose for me-avoiding angry customers, which makes your  rating go dowwwwn.

Unregistered
12-09-10, 07:48 AM
On RS I blocked the door just to stock up. I found that after a while I could let the customers back in again and continue cooking but never run out. So I am now doing the same again. I might block it for a week or more, and then let the little piggies go for it. Personally I just enjoy watching my food pile up. In RS I was so excited when I reached my goal of 100,000 fish and chips (gee, when I type that I realise that I need to get out more...).

mariascuppiecakes
12-10-10, 09:10 AM
I block my door too when I'm "closed". Not only does it give me a chance to bake dishes that take 8+ hours, it keeps customers from walking out broken hearted and protects my status.

Unregistered
12-17-10, 02:44 AM
I've noticed on both Bakery Story and Restaurant Story, if I am logged out of the game and have no food available, my status doesn't go down anyway. It's only when I'm logged in and people start coming in then leaving broken hearted do I see it drop below 100. So I don't understand why people block the door to protect status - status only seems to drop when you're actually logged in and seeing people leave downhearted.

Give you an example - I've gone for a week before with no food on my counters and my status has remained at 100 when I've returned. As soon as I'm logged on people then start entering, getting upset, and leaving, but if I log off, then back on again, I've still only lost the couple of points that dropped when I was logged on.

sd32
12-17-10, 06:07 AM
But if the app is sitting in your multitasking strip, your rating still goes down. How do you log out? simply exiting out the app still runs in the background causing rating to go down.

Unregistered
12-17-10, 07:46 AM
I'm not concerned about my rating going down. I just find when I pop on to quickly change dishes and collect tips that the customers can cause a bit of lag. Closing the door helps me to get it done without interruption.

sd32
12-20-10, 04:52 AM
I'm not concerned about my rating going down. I just find when I pop on to quickly change dishes and collect tips that the customers can cause a bit of lag. Closing the door helps me to get it done without interruption.

Yeah, that is true... I do that also. Collecting tips is faster when the store is "closed"

Unregistered
01-15-11, 02:22 AM
Also my food does not get lost if I am late to serve it...very usefull

Unregistered
01-15-11, 03:49 AM
But if the app is sitting in your multitasking strip, your rating still goes down. How do you log out? simply exiting out the app still runs in the background causing rating to go down.

Unregistered
01-15-11, 06:59 PM
There are two different ratings that we are talking of in the same thread.

Happiness = Popularity (can you seat and serve all of your customers who come through the door?) This is in the top menu next to your Coin and Gem count.
Stary Rating = How good of a tipper are you? You will see your rating on your profile screen and when you visit other bakeries, your star rating is the # on the bottom.

Your rating as far as Happiness does not go down when you are NOT running the app.
Yes, whatever food you have out will be consumed at whatever the TeamLava Server rate is at the moment, but the Happiness level will NOT drop if you do NOT have the App open and also do not have food on your counters.

I have never ever blocked the door as it is not neccessary. I do not have to stock pile food because I have a running supply of it, until at some point after I go to bed I suppose. I open the app in the morning and serve the food I had cooked overnight (plus the gifts from yesterday's inventory), and my happiness is still at 100. And the cycle starts again for a new day, but without ever blocking a door.

{I also refer to the Happiness level staying at level 100 as long as you have enough tables to seat your customers.. which is somewhere between 24 and 30 usable tables (not blocked in any way).}

I understand others enjoying the sensation of opening and closing your bakeries, but I don't want newbies to think it is something that they must do, as everyone should play the game the way they are comfortable with.

As far as your STAR rating goes, you need to tip continuously each & every day, there is zero way to counteract the effect of the star rating. So yes, I miss a full morning of tipping and my 4 may drop to 3.6 stars. Sometimes it doesn't drop at all.

FYI I'm on Level 35 in BS and 42 in RS.

cmdr001
01-15-11, 11:08 PM
Lag issues mostly on my end.

Personally if I could I'd just turn off the peasant graphics unless I was intended to have my shop "posing" for a picture, because I moreso enjoy fiddling with the numerical than the graphical component. It's mostly useful when I know I'll be cooking a bunch of low time cycle items and I'm constantly going back to the app and inevitably the piggies come running in after my food which always causes a stuttering that more than once caused me to bake the wrong thing.

With the explicit intent of stocking up though, not quite. if my shop is low or depleted of food I just avoid going in the app until my next goods are ready for serving and every thing's OK~

willbr_on
07-21-14, 07:26 PM

That's not always true. Facebook games work that way but I noticed when I'm logged out, by hitting the back key until it says log out, food does not go as fast if at all. I can get to an old account I lost the login/tablet I'd to from my daughters story & after almost a year of not being able to play it there is still food on the counter. Its rating is also still at 100.

applesmcgee
07-21-14, 10:33 PM
I think that's because they're kind to you if you've not been on for a long while (at least that is how I've thought of it). My daughter's account goes months without being played, as her interest in the game waxes and wanes, and when she logs in every few months it's like it was when she left it. However if she'd left it only for a week, the food would be expired and the counters empty.

nightshine7
07-22-14, 09:25 AM
I block my door simply to save food..plus I put out more tables at night. Having over 300 neighbors makes my tips fill up quickly. On B.S. I can block door w no problem. But, on R.S. if I block door food disappears so I partially block door and nothing happens.

kooky panda
07-22-14, 10:14 AM
This is an really old thread and it has gone off topic.
Here is a more current thread on "Blocking the Door"

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?70431-Food-disappearing&p=925700&viewfull=1#post925700