PDA

View Full Version : "Gift back" reminder won't go away in the news board?

gwcastle
12-14-12, 01:00 PM
I received some gifts (wisp, glimmer dust, etc) from my neighbors in the past weeks. And I immediately gifted them back. But next day the "gift back" reminder popped out again in my news board, saying "xxx has sent you a gift. Please gift them back" something like that. Originally I thought it's because I wasn't allowed to receive gifts like wisps and glimmer dusts. So I sent whatever they sent to me back to them. But the "gift back" news still showed up next day. For some gifts, I already sent gifts back three times but it didn't help. I have checked the date I got those gifts and it was 2 days ago, 7 days, 14 days, etc. So I am pretty sure they are not reminder notes for new gifts. Now I have ~10 "gift back" news in my news board. Does anyone have this problem?

Also I noticed when I sent a gift back to my neighbor, I didn't see a drop of the amount of that item in my inventory. Does this mean my gift was not sent or was not accepted? Anyway, it's really annoying the system reminds me to send gifts back everyday even I have done it.

marrrina
12-14-12, 01:05 PM
That's the biggest flaw with the "gift 3 people a day" rule IMO. You can't really do anything about old gifts, daaaays old at that, popping up in the news feed. I think it's because TL games are programmed to list 20 gifts worth on information, at least that's how it is in Restaurant, Bakery and Fashion. Therefore, while the list clears up after you've managed to gift 3 people, everyone who had gifted you in the past that wasn't gifted back by you will have the gift they sent show up all over again. It's really annoying!

Also gifts you send don't come from your personal inventory, so you shouldn't see a deduction.

maguar
12-14-12, 01:42 PM
marrina is correct. Each day it shows you the last 20 gifts that you received. Also the gifts that you send are independent of your inventory. You don't have to send back to these people. You can send your gifts to other people. Just send your gifts as soon as the game day resets and the previous list will disappear for another day.

gwcastle
12-14-12, 05:00 PM
Got it. If this is the case, there is no way I can tell those gifts I haven't sent back from gifts that were sent back but not accepted because of the 3 gifts per day rule. I hope my neighbors won't hate me because of this system flaw.