PDA

View Full Version : Expanding

whizzzard
12-13-12, 08:19 AM
Has anyone expanded south east, towards that tower and portal looking buildings at the edge of the forest/map. Is there a certain order i should be expanding in?

moda999
12-13-12, 08:21 AM
I'd be interested to know the order too.

maguar
12-13-12, 12:06 PM
No set order.

The order I'd suggest expanding its: old Thomas, ivy, magic garden, tablet. After those I'd go cheaper options to get space. When you get excalibam go to the troll pit. After that cheap ones again but moving towards the currently locked landmarks like the rock nest and gateway.

Edit Can't believe that I missed Thurston from the list. I'd expand to him before the tablet.

Also any new players should expand to old Thomas (goat man) and ivy (tree lady) first.

moda999
12-13-12, 12:19 PM
Thanks!

doodlebug8
12-13-12, 01:25 PM
http://xcf.xanga.com/b72e01fa51332284285856/w226813220.jpg

I've gone past the floating gateway steps but haven't made it to the gold royal crown tomb. I only have 3 expansions available to me right now and none are near the gold tomb.

I actually cleared the more expensive/higher Wisp expansions first. I'm playing kind of backwards I guess because I'm not actively seeking the goals. I'm more decoration oriented than goal oriented so I'm getting as much cleared land as possible. Then, once I start the remaining goals, if they require an expansion, I'll have cheap and quick ones to do that I'll already have the materials for.

sluppies
12-13-12, 11:42 PM
So is it better to clear towards the bridge before the space next to the troll pit? In my head I thought that tower would be the next goal.

whizzzard
12-14-12, 12:16 AM
interesting. Thank you!

whizzzard
12-14-12, 12:18 AM
Thurston before or after Troll pit?

maguar
12-14-12, 04:26 AM
Thurston before or after Troll pit?

You have to do Thurston before the troll pit. It's his quest line that gets you excalibam.

wealthyrich
12-14-12, 08:05 AM
Which square to start with, if expanding towards the gateway? Thx

maguar
12-14-12, 01:55 PM
Which square to start with, if expanding towards the gateway? Thx

Just choose the closest square to it that you can.

wealthyrich
12-14-12, 06:13 PM
Just wondering if should start with the left most corner sq or the 2nd sq

teduw
12-14-12, 10:20 PM
Once your close to the draw bridge u only have one square to pick to expand.

Tassle23
12-17-12, 12:29 PM
http://xcf.xanga.com/b72e01fa51332284285856/w226813220.jpg

I've gone past the floating gateway steps but haven't made it to the gold royal crown tomb. I only have 3 expansions available to me right now and none are near the gold tomb.

I actually cleared the more expensive/higher Wisp expansions first. I'm playing kind of backwards I guess because I'm not actively seeking the goals. I'm more decoration oriented than goal oriented so I'm getting as much cleared land as possible. Then, once I start the remaining goals, if they require an expansion, I'll have cheap and quick ones to do that I'll already have the materials for.

What are the coin/lantern costs as you move toward the portal/steps? Do they stay around $100K/12 lanterns or go dramatically higher??

whizzzard
12-17-12, 02:38 PM
yes I'd like to know this as well...

doodlebug8
12-17-12, 07:39 PM
Sorry I was not keeping track of the costs and I was playing a different version of the game so I could keep requesting glimmer dust from neighbors. When I was clearing my land the most I can recall was 19 lanterns and 175,000 coins. I have since updated and my remaining plots still cost/require the same as before so you might still get charged the 19/175,000 when you reach certain areas.

Tassle23
12-17-12, 08:30 PM
Yikety-yikes. Guess this will take some time. Can't decide whether to start expanding in that direction or see if the next quest creates some random new direction (a la Thurston) that will make me wish I'd just saved my coins and lanterns. Thanks for the info!

maguar
12-17-12, 08:46 PM
Yikety-yikes. Guess this will take some time. Can't decide whether to start expanding in that direction or see if the next quest creates some random new direction (a la Thurston) that will make me wish I'd just saved my coins and lanterns. Thanks for the info!

If you've expanded to Thurston, the tablet, the garden and the pit you've got all the current special expansionsso go wherever you'd like.

Tassle23
12-17-12, 11:23 PM
If you've expanded to Thurston, the tablet, the garden and the pit you've got all the current special expansionsso go wherever you'd like.

Thanks, Maguar (btw, I can't help but think of Magua from Last of the Mohicans when I see your name). I think I speak for all us when I say I appreciate your responsiveness to our questions and thoughtful answers. can't wait for the next update!

maguar
12-17-12, 11:52 PM
Thanks, Maguar (btw, I can't help but think of Magua from Last of the Mohicans when I see your name). I think I speak for all us when I say I appreciate your responsiveness to our questions and thoughtful answers. can't wait for the next update!

Thanks. I'm hanging out for it as well. I'm hoping it comes out when I'm still on holidays. The last couple have come out on work mornings and made me late.

littleonesmum
01-31-13, 06:05 PM
I have been waiting for a goal to expand to Thurston before going ahead. Should I keep waiting or can I just expand to him anyway? If I do will this trigger a quest or further goal? Thanks,

TheTimer
01-31-13, 06:25 PM
I have been waiting for a goal to expand to Thurston before going ahead. Should I keep waiting or can I just expand to him anyway? If I do will this trigger a quest or further goal? Thanks,
I don't think there is a goal to expand to Thornton.
But if you get to him you get goals to fix him.

littleonesmum
01-31-13, 06:49 PM
Thanks heaps, I'll try that out!

TheTimer
01-31-13, 10:19 PM
Just expanded to Thornton lots of goals!