PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story - Suggestion Poll & Suggestions Dec 10

maguar
12-10-12, 02:57 PM
Vote for the items you want to see in the game. Vote for as many of the items as you like (remember you can only vote once).

Don't see the item you really, really want? Suggest it in this thread.

Please note that suggestions for gameplay features have not been included in the poll. The only exception is the mini game as Mhz_ did ask for suggestions in the last poll. Gameplay suggestions (eg energy, gifts etc) have been passed on.

midnightmeerkat
12-10-12, 03:08 PM
I would like horses and dragons

Tassle23
12-10-12, 04:37 PM
Please pick the interactive game which can be used during downtime, as opposed to a waterfall...

wealthyrich
12-10-12, 08:13 PM
Flowing water animation for the fountain !!

And maybe flapping wings animation for the dragon statue. Twirling horn animation for the unicorn statue.

wassupbaby
12-11-12, 01:16 PM
Hey, love to see my idea on the poll . Hopefully, TL will bring it to the game. If so, i want 1000000000 gems for that . Lol j/k :D

wealthyrich
12-11-12, 07:00 PM
When a player's requests have been fulfilled, auto disable all pending requests sent to others, so that we don't have to accept the request as it has been finished already

callixtus
12-11-12, 08:37 PM
It would be very cool to have aura on our characters... When they passing buildings or animals it can decrease waiting time (while playing mode not sleep mode, to encourage player to be more active)

yupiyupigumgum
12-11-12, 08:44 PM
Anything will be great, if only it comes true.

tiggerhobbes
12-11-12, 10:12 PM
Inventory sorting by number of items, starting with max.

A central part of my game play strategy is to avoid wasting energy on collecting things that I've maxed out on.

So it would be great to be able to quickly see what's stockpiling to an alarming level and decide what to focus on next, or what material I need to collect to use up some of my stockpiles.

Failling that, any sorting would be great. You already have a few existing tabs, use them.

whizzzard
12-12-12, 06:46 AM
THERE NEEDS TO BE A CONFIRMATION WINDOW WHEN USING GEMS! Too many times have I accidently used gems without even knowing, speeding up things by accidently clicking on the icons. I use an iphone and scrolling and clicking around a lot inevitably leads to loss of gems due to "speeding up" building productions. Its the most annoying thing in this game! Dragonvale has a windows that says "Are you sure u want to spend X gems?" 'yes' 'no' Thats exactly what this game could use.

Other than that I think this game is fantastic. However drop rates for certain items could do with some rebalancing. ^ ^

sugarzen6
12-12-12, 08:34 AM

A central part of my game play strategy is to avoid wasting energy on collecting things that I've maxed out on.

So it would be great to be able to quickly see what's stockpiling to an alarming level and decide what to focus on next, or what material I need to collect to use up some of my stockpiles.

Failling that, any sorting would be great. You already have a few existing tabs, use them.

I agree. Any kind of organization within the inventory would be much appreciated.

Morrisness
12-12-12, 10:35 AM
I want to see an item with a higher chance of jewels.

Right now my buildings and any rocks I buy (I'm going for the iron-rich) are giving me next to none. Maybe unicorns can find jewels? :P

scottyhaha
12-12-12, 10:51 AM
I want to see an item with a higher chance of jewels.

Right now my buildings and any rocks I buy (I'm going for the iron-rich) are giving me next to none. Maybe unicorns can find jewels? :P
Get the 4th shard then you can make jewels for yourself

mymummy789
12-12-12, 01:16 PM
Get the 4th shard then you can make jewels for yourself

I haven't even got the third one yet!!!!! Had the first two for weeks, if not months!!

Mudturtledove
12-12-12, 02:54 PM
I'd like the Beast statue I crafted to be worth some Castle points please =)

tacotown52
12-12-12, 03:04 PM
I'd really like to see some more town buildings. I especially like the ones that occasionally drop special items - like the windmill (flour) or Thurston's Fort (Longsword).

It would also be nice there was more guidance about which goal to try and expand to after reaching the troll pit.

wealthyrich
12-12-12, 08:39 PM
Inventory materials to be categorized by alphabetical order, please. Thanks.

ninjaAhug
12-13-12, 02:25 AM
I reckon everything listed in the poll should be out into the game I don't see why they shouldn't all being brilliant ideas and having good potential for the game :)

tiggerhobbes
12-13-12, 06:01 PM
Keeps upgrade

Seems everybody else's dwelling is far more sophisticated than the king/queen's, requiring glimmer dust, jewels, tons of wood beams and iron ore, etc.

I understand players need to get a basic keep early on. But how about letting players "upgrade" their chosen keep later on in the game with, for example, architect's paste, silver ore, gold nuggets, statues, flags, etc? Would be nice if we can choose features to "add" to the keep, both visually (e.g. more structures, flags, cannons, towers sticking out of castle, or a bigger/taller castle) and functionally (e.g. additional drops, increased chance of getting certain items, shorter time between keep collection, lower adventure requirements, etc.)

pammiec
12-13-12, 07:20 PM
being able to gift more than 3 neighbors. being able to ask for glimmer dust

sbhawna
12-14-12, 01:18 AM
Why not a Royal Tiger, or a Royal Horse, or even a Royal Lion to stand in the king's/queen's keep

maguar
12-14-12, 04:24 AM
Keeps upgrade

Seems everybody else's dwelling is far more sophisticated than the king/queen's, requiring glimmer dust, jewels, tons of wood beams and iron ore, etc.

I understand players need to get a basic keep early on. But how about letting players "upgrade" their chosen keep later on in the game with, for example, architect's paste, silver ore, gold nuggets, statues, flags, etc? Would be nice if we can choose features to "add" to the keep, both visually (e.g. more structures, flags, cannons, towers sticking out of castle, or a bigger/taller castle) and functionally (e.g. additional drops, increased chance of getting certain items, shorter time between keep collection, lower adventure requirements, etc.)

Pretty certain that we've been told an ability to upgrade buildings will be coming. It's supposed to be challenging but I can't wait.

Jaeron_Q
12-14-12, 11:32 PM
THERE NEEDS TO BE A CONFIRMATION WINDOW WHEN USING GEMS! Too many times have I accidently used gems without even knowing, speeding up things by accidently clicking on the icons. I use an iphone and scrolling and clicking around a lot inevitably leads to loss of gems due to "speeding up" building productions. Its the most annoying thing in this game! Dragonvale has a windows that says "Are you sure u want to spend X gems?" 'yes' 'no' Thats exactly what this game could use.

Other than that I think this game is fantastic. However drop rates for certain items could do with some rebalancing. ^ ^

HEAR HEAR.
I've wasted nearly 100 gems from doing that. The game lagged once, and then somehow in its confusion, it decided that I had chosen to buy 30 Energy for 50 gems. I wanted to cry after that.
And so many times have I sped useless things up.

rengirl1978
12-15-12, 01:30 AM
Please let us send more than 3 gifts! I find it hard to juggle between the players that I gift with because I have more than three people that I gift with regularly.

wassupbaby
12-16-12, 04:49 AM
I hope the next update will be more challenging. I dont mind if the goals are difficult and take lots of time but i do mind if i have no goals. Its boring and pointless to play :/

blurbie
12-16-12, 01:43 PM
-People travelling through with mini-quests
-Ships coming to shore alternately raiding or trading
-Sea caravans
-Quest to raid that annoying Baron (I volunteer)
-Animated fountains and waterfalls
-Unicorn with mini-quests (he doesn't stay)
-Dragon, not a crow, that Thurston's ballista can shoot at. It can drop jewels and scales and golden things. If you take too long, it removes farm animals.
-Silver objects to forge (my forge only seems to make swords)
-Travelling bands who visit and take over a building (no coins while they are there), but when they leave, you get good rewards
-A permanent bard for my kingdom, a home for him, interactions with other characters and other kingdoms
-Sea serpent or something in the ponds to battle or to catch

blurbie
12-16-12, 01:47 PM
I couldn't agree more about wasted gems! I have no apple tree because of it--no matter how careful something is stupidly bumped, and off they go. For awhile, I sped up the lanterns so I could use them before they disappeared, but then saved for animals, but here I am with 16 gems and an apple tree is 90.

tacotown52
12-16-12, 02:51 PM
I totally agree. Only 3 gifts per day means that I can't send gifts to a neighbor for helping me out or something, because I am ALWAYS behind on sending gifts back to someone that sent something to me. Plus, I am always three to four days behind returning gifts, and it just keeps piling up! So frustrating.

kaylaris1
12-16-12, 03:38 PM
I've also wasted gems on speeding things up when I didn't want to.

I think a market where you can trade resources for others or money.

blevi2
12-16-12, 07:27 PM

It would be nice if we could have more control over the way we organize our items in "My Inventory", or if items automatically sorted better under the existing tabs already available. It's kind of frustrating to have to flip through 30+ screens to figure out if I need to focus on producing certain types of materials, or realize I have maxed out on something without realizing.

Tassle23
12-17-12, 08:46 PM
-Sea caravans
-Dragon, not a crow, that Thurston's ballista can shoot at. It can drop jewels and scales and golden things. If you take too long, it removes farm animals.
-Travelling bands who visit and take over a building (no coins while they are there), but when they leave, you get good rewards
-A permanent bard for my kingdom, a home for him, interactions with other characters and other kingdoms

This ^^

whizzzard
12-18-12, 03:14 AM
You should be able to listen to your own music in the background from your device player. For some reason the "ipod" music shuts off once u open up castle story (even with in game music and sounds disabled).

judyluvs
12-19-12, 11:31 AM
I would like the non-playing characters to talk/ interact with me, randomly gift me things I can use or trigger quests instead of aimlessly wandering around.

aleawads
12-19-12, 12:04 PM
I would like to see that all the characters in this game are actually doing something instead of just walking around and getting in the way. Thurston can fight all the skunkupines, fangbeasts and trolls. Ivy can do some cooking and collect food from the kitchen . And please find something to do for poor old Thomas !

PuppetSasori
12-19-12, 10:11 PM
Maybe let Sir piggy walk around like other NPC and he would find a rare item every one in a while and you would get a quest to trade it with strawberries

rengirl1978
12-20-12, 11:41 PM
I think it would be fun to be able to customize our character!

WendyCroy
12-21-12, 01:56 PM
- a better organization of the inventory separating basics from crafting items for example, and smaller icons
- the end of gem trap
- the rule of the max 3 gifts sent should be specified in the Faq of the game itself. It's really not a big deal to add a sentence. We shouldn't have to specify this basic rule on our own wall (cf. Maguar's wall)
- the possibility of upgrading buildings
- more choices of adventures
- more TeamLava games in the goals ! ��

rosewaterlily
12-21-12, 05:30 PM
The market quests should be recycled after you finish all of them and be random (not in the original or any order) so we can use up some of the resources that are filling up once you finish all the regular quests. Wool, hide, living wood could all be requested because there's not much purpose in collecting them right now.

wealthyrich
12-22-12, 02:33 AM
A special box or sign indicating that this is the item received from feeding the baron at the end of two hours, when collecting from the kitchen

tiggerhobbes
12-22-12, 11:56 PM
Some major coin-draining "goals" like the WONDERS in City Story Metro. Stock piling coins and no item to spend on. Would be nice to think I'm working towards a major reward that's very very coin-expensive.

livediebe
12-23-12, 12:25 PM
I'd like the ability to cancel tasks in the workshops (like you can do with recipes in Bakery, Restaurant, ect.). Sometimes you tap the wrong item, and there's no way to stop it even when you need to use your workshop for something else.

whizzzard
12-24-12, 03:35 AM
I'd like the ability to cancel tasks in the workshops (like you can do with recipes in Bakery, Restaurant, ect.). Sometimes you tap the wrong item, and there's no way to stop it even when you need to use your workshop for something else.

This!

Also why do the glimmer trolls have no sound effects? its odd that skunks and fangbeats do, but not trolls.. lol

badger8
12-25-12, 05:56 AM
I'd like coal-rich rock...or maybe a coal mine that you collect only coal from every ((insert time frame here)) hours. Could be a build item or a small goal item...

tiggerhobbes
12-25-12, 05:56 AM
Please give us a "sap rich tree," similar in function and value to the "iron rich rock."

Also, option to have sappy trees that's full grown and ready to harvest would be great. I'm willing to pay more for them.

beaniedee6
12-26-12, 09:28 AM
-Sea caravans

Love all these ideas. Additional ideas (some of these have been mentioned before by other people in this thread):

- add horses, dragons and unicorns as animals, with rare drops like the sheep and pig
- organize the inventory better (ie. use tabs already there, like consumable for food items made in the kitchen, or create new tabs to filter food items, plants/nature items, crafted items from the workshop/potion shop, etc)
- a confirmation window when using gems, or another icon separate from the "time left" window (like in dragon story and monster story, where a new icon shows at the bottom of the screen that then allows you to speed up using gold)
- ability to interact with non-playing characters, maybe able to collect items from them on occasion
- more guidance about which goals to try for next, instead of only waiting to expand/level up to give the new goals (could perhaps use talking to non-playing characters to give suggestions)
- from the pending gifts screen, once respond to a player with a gift-back, remove all the gifts from that person from the screen, so only players who haven't gotten a gift-back yet remain (this can be temporary so that the players removed get added back the next time you're eligible to send gifts)
- recycled or greater number of market requests, so that resources that fill up more quickly or even items you have to work hard to get can be used up (a way to use maxed out items and ability to earn more gems for people who don't want/can't afford to purchase them)
- ability to cancel crafting items in the workshop/potion shop/kitchen/magic forge (like in bakery story)
- more items to craft in the magic forge

icis0201
12-26-12, 11:31 AM
On a different topic, when will be the next update on new quests and new character?

maguar
12-26-12, 09:17 PM
Please vote for your favourites in the new poll and make suggestions for other items as well.

http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?43070-Castle-Story-Poll-and-Suggestion-Thread