PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid scales

bizzle123
12-09-12, 08:47 AM
Is it just me of are ponds no longer dropping scales. They use to drop them all the time, but all of a sudden I can't get any. I need 5 more to finish a quest and its bugging me.

OnaraSan
12-09-12, 09:14 AM
I just "fished" 4 ponds and 3 of them dropped scales

lollyloo123
12-09-12, 10:09 AM
are you sure youre not just full of them? you can only hold 99 of them, check your inventory. you'll get coins in their place if you fish for them.

njmbakery
12-10-12, 07:43 PM
I can't get any mermaid scales and I really need them for the Excalibam goal. Once I got to level 20, mermaid scales became very rare. I will fish about 10-15 times before I get some.

Tassle23
12-10-12, 11:52 PM
Yeah, I am literally using all my energy to check ponds and wells to get the mermaid scales. I have gone 15-20 multiple times without a drop... I only have one well, so thought maybe multiple wells would help but they all seem to be pretty long odds. Agree it seems harder post level 20...

lala_gabbana
12-11-12, 01:05 AM
Im not sure if this makes a difference but.. Whenever im at max with fish and water, i dont get mermaid scales. What I do is make something that needs fish/water and makes it easier for the ponds and wells to drop mermaid scales. It goes the same with trying for other materials.. Again, not sure if it makes a difference, but it does for me.

scottyhaha
12-11-12, 06:13 PM
Is it just me of are ponds no longer dropping scales. They use to drop them all the time, but all of a sudden I can't get any. I need 5 more to finish a quest and its bugging me.

Yup it is so hard to get now. I got much better luck with glimmer dust.

sugarzen6
12-11-12, 08:42 PM
The mermaid scales are dropping at a much lower rate for me as well.

whizzzard
12-12-12, 06:32 AM
yeah scales are hard to get now.. hopefully an update fixes the drop rates! its pretty ridiculous

bigtail2
12-12-12, 07:56 PM
Me too. I am finding them to be the limiting factor now and spend much of my energy trying to get them. Never had a problem in the past.

sugarzen6
12-13-12, 10:35 AM
I don't know if the rate has been adjusted or if I'm having a lucky day but the scales are dropping pretty good for me today. Anyone else?

brandonu
12-13-12, 11:08 AM
I haven't had any issues getting mermaid scales from ponds

maguar
12-13-12, 12:00 PM
I don't know if the rate has been adjusted or if I'm having a lucky day but the scales are dropping pretty good for me today. Anyone else?

I haven't had any issues getting mermaid scales from ponds

Have you completed the first tablet research quest? The reward gives a better drop rate for things from ponds and wells.

sugarzen6
12-13-12, 12:01 PM
Not me- my tablet is steadfastly refusing to give up a shard.

Tassle23
12-13-12, 12:35 PM
Have you completed the first tablet research quest? The reward gives a better drop rate for things from ponds and wells.

Seriously? That's messed up. Have been waiting for weeks for the first shard to drop.

brandonu
12-13-12, 01:24 PM
Yes, I have completed the first tablet quest.

mystoryzoozoo
12-13-12, 02:27 PM
I also find scales rarely drop (I'm level 25). I'm maxed on fish and water when I lower these I find chances improve slightly. I've also been waiting weeks for a shard to drop.

wassupbaby
12-13-12, 03:21 PM
Eventhough i got the shard , i still find it hard to get :/

tiggerhobbes
12-13-12, 05:09 PM
I don't have the shard but MS is not my limiting factor; but that's because I don't have enough GD to keep my potion shops busy. And I do cook quite a bit so I'm always low on water and fish ...

I still think there's a definite uneven distribution of resources in this game. Some people can get GD easily (not me), some can get mermaid scale, some get jewels, etc...

vivviv99
12-16-12, 01:21 AM
Dear Maguar, I also have very low rate of getting mermaid scale lately and can only get less than 5 per day which is very frustrating. Could you kindly look into this and tell me how can I get more mermaid scales? I have 7 ponds/ wells already :(

maguar
12-16-12, 01:27 AM
Dear Maguar, I also have very low rate of getting mermaid scale lately and can only get less than 5 per day which is very frustrating. Could you kindly look into this and tell me how can I get more mermaid scales? I have 7 ponds/ wells already :(

The last time I asked this I was given this information:

Drop rates are occasionally changed, but rarely decreased. Rates DO NOT change when a player is on a quest, and often they actually are increased. If players are experiencing bad drop rates, its really just bad luck. It even happens to srorm8 employees.

I guess the next thing to ask is how often are you collecting from your ponds and wells each day?

vivviv99
12-16-12, 02:25 AM
I collected more than 10 times per day and almost each time from 7 ponds/wells. At most I can get only 1 mermaid scale each time and most of the times, I got nothing :( . I just don't understand why. Just hope someone can help and tell me how I can get more mermaid scale.

maguar
12-16-12, 02:45 AM
I collected more than 10 times per day and almost each time from 7 ponds/wells. At most I can get only 1 mermaid scale each time and most of the times, I got nothing :( . I just don't understand why. Just hope someone can help and tell me how I can get more mermaid scale.

Sounds like you're doing everything right.

wassupbaby
12-16-12, 04:34 AM
Im low on MS too and i collect from my only pond and well. I usually get about 15 per day but its not enough for me. Since i have no goal and no interest in expanding, i make lumin essence every day for adventure.Then i also need MS to make enchanter's essence( stockpile :D )

Akleia
12-16-12, 11:04 AM
The same here!!! No MS- and i have the quest to get more from Ponds and wells since days. The first day today i cannot brew the lumin essence for dark Cave request. Im dropping every 15 minutes- but no Chance to get them. Its completly Strange!!!! Im since yesterday at Level 22...

sluppies
12-16-12, 12:22 PM
Yes I'm having problems too. Gone from 99 to 5 and collecting maybe 10 times from 5 ponds daily. Really slowing progress down for me. I'm nearing the end of level 29 but to be honest am losing the will with this game!

AkumaNeko
12-16-12, 02:38 PM
Me too! Lumin essence is impossible when I get less than 5 scales a day :/

swetank
12-26-12, 04:52 AM
since i have reached level 18 or 19 , i feel the drop rates of mermaid scales decreased?
before i used to get 3 scales in every 4/5 picks from wells or ponds.. but now i dont get 1 from 7-8 picks..
is it me or someone else???
really short of scales now...
have 10 ponds and wells and spendmost energy on them and have only 5 at the moment :mad::mad:

carlyr2012
12-26-12, 06:37 AM
I'm level 22 and don't seem to have that problem. =(

vanillaheaven
12-26-12, 08:45 AM
Maybe the drop rate has been lowered? I've been really short on scales for the past week, even though I collect pretty often.

swetank
12-26-12, 09:19 AM
I'm level 22 and don't seem to have that problem. =(

what is your drop rate???

and vanilaheaven yeah same ehre very short for enchanter and lumin essences ��

swetank
12-26-12, 09:47 AM
just collected 6 ponds and got 0 scales..
stuck with 4 from long need 1 for lumin...
this is so annoyng.... TL pls see to this...

obama_papa
12-26-12, 09:51 AM
Besides mermaid scales, it could be any other items in hot demand. Players would experience such an upsetting "reduced drop rate". Just a psychologically effect. And luck plays a part too.

maguar
12-26-12, 10:11 AM
Merging threads

swetank
12-28-12, 12:13 AM
still didnt get scales
plzzz help me maguar or someone!!!

rengirl1978
12-28-12, 12:53 AM
I am not getting mermaid scales much anymore either. I need them to make Lumin Essence please!

maguar
12-28-12, 01:59 AM
They're a rare drop. All you can do is keep collecting from your wells and ponds. (and maybe cross your fingers :))

rengirl1978
12-28-12, 10:29 AM
*crosses fingers and toes :-P

ivestj84
12-29-12, 03:03 AM
I agree that mermaid scales have become very rare for me too! Some days I only managed to collect 5 scales in total!! That makes the game more interesting I suppose!

mulan12
12-31-12, 04:37 PM
I'm having the same problem. I can't be on this game all day hoping just maybe I'll get some. There's too many wait issues with this game already. Why can't they fix this? Do they want people to quit?

gwcastle
12-31-12, 09:15 PM
I had the same problem a few days ago. But I was able to get ~10 mermaid scales a day. Here are are a few tricks I used. (1) I tried to click one pond/well each time until I saw the outcome. If there is no scale, then next; if still no, then next... until I finished fishing from all ponds/wells (I have total four). In this way I could save energy if I got mermaid scale from the first or second or third try. My chance is about 1 or 0 out of each fishing round. (2) Don't fish too frequently. I would try fishing every half hour or longer. In this way I could get 1 scale out of 4 tries sometime during the day. (3) If you start to have good yield of mermaid scale, keep fishing frequently until the rate drops low again. I found sometime I had really good luck of mermaid scales for a couple hours at night. (4) This is probably the most important trick. Don't use your water and fish while you want to get mermaid scale. I found when water and fish are low, the ponds/wells mostly likely will yield these two items first. And the chance is water>fish>mermaid scale. But when water is saturated and fish stock is high, the chance of mermaid scale is much higher. So when I desperately needed mermaid scale, I kept fishing to saturate my water and keep the fish somewhere above 50. Then I start to get good yield of mermaid scale (~1/4 or even 2/4). Good luck!

Btw, if you have the first knowledge shard, finish the quest first before you fish. After I finished the first knowledge shard quest, fish and mermaid scale is no longer a problem. I can get 1-2 scales out of four ponds/wells every single time.

catcrack
02-03-13, 06:52 PM
I have 5 ponds & 20 wells and they all seem to produce well. That and the well water tastes better than the pond water in the kitchen.

(=^ェ^=)

Lee_7
02-23-13, 09:57 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted. The search feature never brings up anything for me.
Has anyone noticed that over the last few weeks, mermaid scales (I think that's what they're called? Collected from ponds and wells....or they used to be :(
Very, very hard to get now. I've worked it out to be about 1 to 3% chance...if that. Depending on how often I collect from ponds/wells. In the last 7 days, I've gotten just 2. I have 5 ponds and 1 well. Yes, I could get more wells and ponds but as it is I use most of my energy collecting from wells and tring to get wood & rock to level my buildings up. I collect about twice a day on weekdays and more on the weekends. The energy thing is ridiculous :( I rarely collect from my buildings any more as I'm I trying to collect only thing I need. I'm ready to give up as I feel I'm getting no where fast.

Lee_7
02-23-13, 10:01 PM
Thanks for putting this in the right thread. Sorry I didn't search better (slinks away). :)

jammr
02-24-13, 03:48 PM
I've noticed the drop rate decreased as soon as the Valentine's Day event began. I also have the Knowledge Shard that increases the drop rate chance, but after the event began, my drop rate seems to have returned to pre-Shard levels. Was getting around a 50% drop, now it's more like 10-15%.

mamareader02
02-24-13, 04:27 PM
I have 4 knowledge shards-are there supposed to be more yet?

maguar
02-25-13, 01:59 AM
I have 4 knowledge shards-are there supposed to be more yet?

None have been reported so I'd say you have the all so far.

vchanhs
03-01-13, 07:38 PM
Which have a higher drop rate? Ponds or well?

AutumnHikari
03-02-13, 07:24 PM
I'm having the same problem. I used to get them frequently enough, but now I hardly get any.

cymoril69
03-02-13, 07:37 PM
Which have a higher drop rate? Ponds or well?

I've had alot more luck with Ponds.

AmeliaDashwood
03-03-13, 06:13 PM
I'm having the same problem. I'm probably getting one scale per 20 tries if I'm lucky. I don't mind a challenge but this has frustrated me to the point of almost wanting to give up the game - and I love Castle Story!
really need them to upgrade library & make potion of clarity and just feel like I'm running to stand still at this point. Come on, Team Lava, this is supposed to be fun, right?

mochamoomoo
03-03-13, 10:04 PM
Agree with everyone about mermaid scale drop, suddenly I can only get 5 per day, and literally I spent the last 3 days of energies just to get MS, I meant 8 of 10 energy I used is for fishing.. This is getting ridiculous

rub1x
03-04-13, 11:47 AM
I hear they drop more frequently once you pass the first knowledge shard quest... I can't confirm this yet, though :(

maguar
03-04-13, 03:01 PM
I hear they drop more frequently once you pass the first knowledge shard quest... I can't confirm this yet, though :(

I can confirm this

suz42pie
03-05-13, 06:21 PM
are you sure youre not just full of them? you can only hold 99 of them, check your inventory. you'll get coins in their place if you fish for them.

I got rid of a few fish in the kitchen and started getting mermaid scales again. Thanks! Good tip.

missjulieb
03-06-13, 11:23 AM
I thought it was just me! I used to get ms quite often, 4 ponds and 1 well would normally give me 2 maybe 3 ms each time now I've added 2 more ponds and sometimes don't get a single drop! My ipad account is even worse. They have to have changed it as clearly this isn't a one of thing going on. Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we used to be able to gift ms before valentines day hit? If this wasn't the case then why aren't we able to gift them? Would make life so much easier!

Juttali
03-07-13, 02:27 AM
I'm having problems with those mermaid scales as well. I collected 5 times from 4 ponds and 2 wells (=30 water) and got only 1 scale. That is too little imo. :/

SakuraSweetie
03-07-13, 03:12 AM
I spend whole day to collected scale only got 3 scale from more than 100 time collectrd from 4 pond and 2 well.

NayanPrakash
03-08-13, 12:09 AM
When I first started the game I used to always be maxed out on the scales. Now I'm getting so tired searching for them! I have only 11 in my inventory, which came after a lot of hard work.

evilqueenAC3DS
03-08-13, 08:34 AM
Cant they give us another way to collect scales? I cant finish my valentines goals yet because i need scales to make enchanters essence and the absorption crystal :(

kooky panda
03-08-13, 11:27 AM
Cant they give us another way to collect scales? I cant finish my valentines goals yet because i need scales to make enchanters essence and the absorption crystal :(
I was having trouble too, so I went ahead and crafted a few more wells. I seem to get more scales from the wells, than the ponds.

gwcastle
03-08-13, 11:25 PM
Max out the fish stock seems not good for mermaid scale yield. I had problems to find mermaid scale in the past weeks too. But once I used some of my fish, I started to get mermaid scales again in a row. This happens several times to me. I don't know if it's a coincidence. Right now I kept crafting breaded fish so I can unload my fish stock.

missiesp
03-09-13, 05:20 AM
The mermaid scales drop is spoiling the game! The 1 in 3 glimmer dust drop from mushrooms was frustrating yet tolerable, but I'm getting 1 in 15-20 for mermaid scales and it's making me lose interest. TeamLava please increase it.

SakuraSweetie
03-09-13, 11:43 PM
The mermaid scales drop is spoiling the game! The 1 in 3 glimmer dust drop from mushrooms was frustrating yet tolerable, but I'm getting 1 in 15-20 for mermaid scales and it's making me lose interest. TeamLava please increase it.

If you got Tabernum Research Aquifer goal they will increase amount of water, mermaid scale and fish drawn from the well and pond. I just got that goal and I colleges MS from pond and well easily than before.

elaur
03-10-13, 07:55 PM
If you got Tabernum Research Aquifer goal they will increase amount of water, mermaid scale and fish drawn from the well and pond. I just got that goal and I colleges MS from pond and well easily than before.

But there is no way to control getting the tablet goals.

archanfel
03-10-13, 08:14 PM
But there is no way to control getting the tablet goals.

Trust me it doesnt change the ms chances its still hard to get

plby
03-11-13, 07:19 AM
Trust me it doesnt change the ms chances its still hard to get

Not as hard tho, the drop went from about 1 in 15 to 1 in 6 when I got it - unless I'm maxed on water, then it's zero :\

SparklingTown
03-11-13, 09:11 AM
Max out the fish stock seems not good for mermaid scale yield. I had problems to find mermaid scale in the past weeks too. But once I used some of my fish, I started to get mermaid scales again in a row. This happens several times to me. I don't know if it's a coincidence. Right now I kept crafting breaded fish so I can unload my fish stock.

Maybe that's the trick! I'll try spending some of my fish...
Thanx!

parlski
03-12-13, 04:05 PM
I'm in a bit of a mermaid scale drought as well. and my fish are not quite maxed

elaur
03-14-13, 03:39 AM
Still wishing I could buy a mermaid scale tree.

maggieyyli
03-14-13, 04:09 AM
I hope MS can be a gift option

freesiawoods
03-14-13, 11:06 PM
Yes me too. It seems all i am doing these days is fishing for them in vain.

elaur
03-15-13, 08:47 AM
I just keep fishing hoping for scales. I need 6 more to finish a building. It's somewhat tedious because its out of my control :,(

jovanisto
03-15-13, 04:11 PM
It's strange it's like the game knows we need them. I used to get them all the time when i was not needing them and now - nothing !

Classic70
03-16-13, 07:18 AM
It's strange it's like the game knows we need them. I used to get them all the time when i was not needing them and now - nothing !

Just the same for me. Downright annoying!

SuziMisterman
03-16-13, 08:44 AM
Im with all of you. I only have 1 mermaid scale and now that I need them for building I can't get a 1. I have 4 wells, and 4 ponds, and for the last 2 days hourly and using energy for just that, Im still not getting them. There's some parts to this game I find frustrating and this is one of them. When you need nothing, you get all you want, when you need something, you don't get. Sad when you think about it, it takes the fun out of the game, at least for me.

justk9188
03-16-13, 08:56 PM
It seems drop rate of MS was decreased.

elaur
03-17-13, 07:39 AM
I hope so. Except I just fished 23 times and got 4.

Triple_K
03-17-13, 07:54 AM
Im with all of you. I only have 1 mermaid scale and now that I need them for building I can't get a 1. I have 4 wells, and 4 ponds, and for the last 2 days hourly and using energy for just that, Im still not getting them. There's some parts to this game I find frustrating and this is one of them. When you need nothing, you get all you want, when you need something, you don't get. Sad when you think about it, it takes the fun out of the game, at least for me.
Yea I know what u mean, I loose interest myself but instead I just focus on other goals or just try not to think abt it lol. When I first unlocked...I think it was... the 3rd shard goal I got MS at a reasonable drop rate but now not so much and I need them too to complete buidling requirements.

vchanhs
03-17-13, 09:48 PM
Yea I know what u mean, I loose interest myself but instead I just focus on other goals or just try not to think abt it lol. When I first unlocked...I think it was... the 3rd shard goal I got MS at a reasonable drop rate but now not so much and I need them too to complete buidling requirements.

The first shard increase MS drop rate. I used to average 1 in 3 collects with first shard. Now I average 1 in 6 collects. Maybe the drop rate really decrease. Still need 180 MS to upgrade my remaining 3 love spires.

journeysmom
03-18-13, 12:22 AM
Once I reached level 20, the MS rate REALLY decreased! While at one point, I maxed out on MS, I struggle now to meet building/etc requirements.

I think it is calculated on Lavas part. Level and what you need based. At one point, entwined seeds were my downfall, and now I could dump them in the garbage and not care...same with glimmer dust!

I am sure it is based on gambling odds. What people will "spend" for a reward is a highly developed science.

journeysmom
03-18-13, 12:23 AM
BTW, I am highly addicted to Castle Story!

Fomomo
03-18-13, 12:56 AM
I notice that when I have less than 20 scales in the inventory the drop rate decreases. I try to keep the stock level above 20 at all times. Now that I have more than 50, the drop rate is pretty good. I have 10 wells and I get 4-5 scales per run.

jovanisto
03-18-13, 02:10 PM
Well, i experimented and this is what i find : if i craft say, dye or builders paste for a while (starting 2 or 3 times in a row), the mermaid scales start coming back at a normal rate (3 out of 5 wells/ponds each time). If i start crafting something that requires MS, the MS stops dropping completely (1 every 10 or 15 fishing). Strategy : craft dyes or glue or paste, collect as much as possible, and then use it doing batches of essence/potion at a time.

midori159
03-18-13, 08:15 PM
I've fished for 12+ hrs every hour, out of 2-5 ponds/well and I've gotten 1 MS

vchanhs
03-19-13, 09:28 PM
I notice that when I have less than 20 scales in the inventory the drop rate decreases. I try to keep the stock level above 20 at all times. Now that I have more than 50, the drop rate is pretty good. I have 10 wells and I get 4-5 scales per run.

Thanks for advice. I followed it and now with 30 plus MS, my drop rate seems to be much better. Maybe it is TL way of extending the gameplay. :)

MBRBTBRB
03-20-13, 02:35 PM
My advice to you all: unlock your Tabernum, collect the first Knowledge Shard from it, and complete Research Aquifers. Your MS drop rate will improve to at least as good as it was before level 20 (it worked for me anyway).

olcastle
03-20-13, 02:49 PM
My advice to you all: unlock your Tabernum, collect the first Knowledge Shard from it, and complete Research Aquifers. Your MS drop rate will improve to at least as good as it was before level 20 (it worked for me anyway).

Didn't help me. I don't remember how many scales I got before the shard (it was a long time ago) but now I never have more than 2 from my 4 ponds and 1 well.
Half of the time I have 0.

MBRBTBRB
03-20-13, 10:56 PM
Didn't help me. I don't remember how many scales I got before the shard (it was a long time ago) but now I never have more than 2 from my 4 ponds and 1 well.
Half of the time I have 0.
That sounds like higher than the drop rate I was getting at level 19, a couple of weeks ago. So I think your drop rate is good.

blurbie
03-21-13, 01:40 AM
I am using mermaid scales like crazy!!

My problem is every time I check how Close I am to update the Spire of Love, I have disappearing Love Essence! First I was waiting on the last Absorption Crystal, then oh, I need 2 more essences. Then checked, and shazam I need 4 essences. No problem, wierd but no worries. Just checked again and now I need 6 more essences!

Wierd! Oh no, because I had all my Love Essence but now I keep making it? Where did it go? I need 15 more scales for my library, but want to get the tower out of the way first with all its pinkness.

If any more goes missing I will have wasted a whole day. That tower should have been done by supper time and now it is past midnight.

elaur
03-21-13, 04:05 AM

That's hilarious!!

Many people (like me) have unlocked the tablet for months without a shard. :,(

blurbie
03-21-13, 11:20 AM
Never mind on disappearing love essence. I'm an airhead--Absorption Crystal takes 2 love essence each time. So THAT'S where it went!

freesiawoods
03-21-13, 07:27 PM
My drop rate definitely improved after completing the research. But i am using so many i am still short of mermaid scales.

NayanPrakash
03-22-13, 03:34 AM
My drop rate definitely improved after completing the research. But i am using so many i am still short of mermaid scales.

That's good for you, for me it seems to have decreased after I completed the 1st shard. I have only 2 shards right now, after I collected so many times. I hope I get more mermaid scales because I won't be able to complete the amphitheatre otherwise.

phatct
04-02-13, 04:55 PM
I have tapped my wells and ponds hundreds of times in the past three days and I only have four mermaid scales to show for it. Is this a pervasive thing? Strangely enough, before I couldn't get enough kissing dust. Now, without even trying I maxed on kissing dust in three days. Any tips? I have been making ink to deplete my water supply, but that doesn't seem to have an impact on scales. Appreciate any advice! Thanks :)

midnightmeerkat
04-02-13, 04:55 PM
WDF Is going on?!? Team Lava Is Being stingy wit Da Mermaid Scales.
I have none in storage n Day not giving me any.
Team Lava Or Team Sucky?!?!?!!!!
How many ponds and wells do you have? You might need to get some more.

elaur
04-02-13, 05:26 PM
I'm in love with my trade with belladonna from the royal exchange! I actually have extra scales :0

Ostrich_Mountain
04-07-13, 02:17 AM
I saw at the tablet ( magic stone) if you fulfil the request of it ( have to give much material) you will earn more effectively scales again.

Emerald8x
04-16-13, 08:13 PM
I have been desperate trying to get mermaid scales with little success and lots of wasted energy, and I decided to follow the advice and stock up some scales, and now I am getting more. I now have 10 scales and I am aiming to have a minimum of 30

catcrack
04-16-13, 09:06 PM
How many ponds and wells do you have? You might need to get some more.

I have 5 ponds & 20 wells and get scores of scale drops.

fernbanks
04-16-13, 09:49 PM
it seem the u need them the less u get, i wait awhile before i try most the time i get them.

catlady71
05-02-13, 01:21 PM
since i have reached level 18 or 19 , i feel the drop rates of mermaid scales decreased?
before i used to get 3 scales in every 4/5 picks from wells or ponds.. but now i dont get 1 from 7-8 picks..
is it me or someone else???
really short of scales now...
have 10 ponds and wells and spendmost energy on them and have only 5 at the moment :mad::mad:

same thing here!
i just got my first mermaid scales in like two weeks. since i reached level 19, the drop rates of MS decreased drastically

vchanhs
05-02-13, 05:15 PM
Nowadays, I don't really care about MS. I just fish for fish to do trade as and well i have enough roasted chicken and bacon. MS is like a byproduct from the fishing and I have more or less enough with the first shard.

kiliarien
05-10-13, 04:22 PM
I have to echo many of the posts in this thread - MS scales have got really hard to get. I found I was getting 1 in 5/6 drop over the period of a month from my 7 wells and 3 ponds until about a week ago (with them dropping on average from both with the same frequency), and now I'm lucky if I get one every 12/13 farms. My record is 39 between MS's. It doesn't bother me in the aspect that I'm still xp'ing along quite nicely but they have become the limiting factor in what I can do quest finishes and building upgrades. This lovely addictive game always has things to make you shift your focus towards another quest, farming/collecting something else etc. but I think this MS issue is a little further than that. I am aware of the first Tablet shard aquifer quest helping drop rates but frankly that's rather unhelpful because I've been clciking that bad boy for a month and haven't had anything. I hope conditions improve for all of us needing MS! Some have said 'it's just luck' but I think that's unlikely with so many being in the same situation, not do I nelieve the amount you have in your inventory etc. affect it. It's a game mechanic which unfortunately frustrates some of us. A bit of shame, but there we go.....<opens ipad to fish wells :( )

wassupbaby
05-10-13, 04:45 PM
A resource building that drops fish and mermaid scales would be awesome.

speckiepoo
05-12-13, 04:21 AM
BTW, I am highly addicted to Castle Story!

I can relate!!! I'm playing on 2 iPads and 2 iPhones!

I wish we could send mermaid scales as a gift! Having the option of sending stuff like love wood and love blocks is useless at this point... They should update and substitute those items!

RotomGuy
05-12-13, 04:27 AM
It's like Dragon Story. When you need something, it never appears. If you don't need something, you find yourself maxed in a very short time.

freesiawoods
05-12-13, 06:47 AM
The only other wsy to get MS is Belladonna's trade isn't it...but then rat tails are so hard to come by and also needed for spicy feasts!

vchanhs
05-12-13, 07:00 AM
A resource building that drops fish and mermaid scales would be awesome.

There is. It's call pond and well. Lol... Just joking but I wouldn't complain if we get more reliable source of mermaid scales. Need a lot for upgrading.

tanbi1
06-19-13, 04:24 AM
Sorry, what is this tablet quest please? Can someone enlighten me? I am not sure if I've done it or not? I'm finding it ridiculously hard to get MS ATM. :(

maguar
06-19-13, 05:14 AM
Sorry, what is this tablet quest please? Can someone enlighten me? I am not sure if I've done it or not? I'm finding it ridiculously hard to get MS ATM. :(

Check this thread (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?41680-Knowledge-Shard&p=479721&viewfull=1#post479721) for details

BungoCook
06-19-13, 12:45 PM
Getting totally fed up! As a wee experiment I decided to run the water down to zero and the mermaid scales too. Then I decided to count a rate of mermaid scale return. I started on Monday 17th June and have 5 water elements (2 ponds, 3 wells). Now check these rates and tell me there isn't something wrong with the drop rate. I currently have 62 water in my inventory and have had 1 mermaid scale!!!! That is the point at which I stopped to write this and then to add insult to injury Sir Piggie just dropped 3 water.

Lilipipi
06-19-13, 12:52 PM
Getting totally fed up! As a wee experiment I decided to run the water down to zero and the mermaid scales too. Then I decided to count a rate of mermaid scale return. I started on Monday 17th June and have 5 water elements (2 ponds, 3 wells). Now check these rates and tell me there isn't something wrong with the drop rate. I currently have 62 water in my inventory and have had 1 mermaid scale!!!! That is the point at which I stopped to write this and then to add insult to injury Sir Piggie just dropped 3 water.

Ouch. That sounds like a painful experiment. Can't imagine doing that myself. Thank you for your courage. May your inventory be full with mermaid scale soon.

Gardienn
06-19-13, 01:13 PM

Ouch indeed. Do you have the shard that increases water and scale return or are you fishing from baseline?

BungoCook
06-19-13, 01:27 PM
Ouch indeed. Do you have the shard that increases water and scale return or are you fishing from baseline?

No I don't have a shard so fishing from original point. To be honest with that drop rate I don't think I could handle the increased water drop in order to get the scales. I'd be constantly maxed.

arale_norimaki
06-20-13, 03:20 PM
No I don't have a shard so fishing from original point. To be honest with that drop rate I don't think I could handle the increased water drop in order to get the scales. I'd be constantly maxed.

Most probably, once I got the shard I started to be almost always maxed up in water. Even after using a lot of water, going back to 99 is easy (you get 2/3 per collection). However, you do get more MS too, so maybe the ratio is better (am not that sure, just hopeful). I'll try to duplicate your experiment and will let you all know the results when having the 1st shard :)

secretkingdom
06-21-13, 02:58 AM
I have 4 shards. I'm always maxed out on water. I try to use it all the time so that I can collect for mermaid scales & fish. I hardly ever get mermaid scales. At the moment I have 98 water, 11 fish & 5 mermaid scales which is normal levels all the time for me. Trying to use the water dictates my game as does the lack of scales thus lack of enchanters essence etc. it's a bit boring to be honest. I'm not bothering with the T & T quest because I have my own little quest going on.

ghjvcucjb
06-21-13, 09:52 AM
I have 4 shards. I'm always maxed out on waterSNIPTrying to use the water dictates my game as does the lack of scales thus lack of enchanters essence etc. it's a bit boring to be honest. I'm not bothering with the T & T quest because I have my own little quest going on.

you don't have to use your water and have it dictate how you play the game. You can continue to collect from ponds and wells even maxed out on water (or any item for that matter) and still get the other drops like mermaid scales, fish and coins. I've been maxed out on water for months, still collect and am never short on mermaid scales. I need the fish for exchanges. Just ignore the "you can't hold anymore xxx" message.

Gardienn
06-21-13, 12:53 PM
I have 4 shards. I'm always maxed out on water. I try to use it all the time so that I can collect for mermaid scales & fish. I hardly ever get mermaid scales. At the moment I have 98 water, 11 fish & 5 mermaid scales which is normal levels all the time for me. Trying to use the water dictates my game as does the lack of scales thus lack of enchanters essence etc. it's a bit boring to be honest. I'm not bothering with the T & T quest because I have my own little quest going on.

My water-mermaid scales ratio is about the same, and that's with using some stock to craft with. Prior to possessing the shard, I'd have zero mermaid scales, much like I was at trying to get glimmer dust from red mushroom rings prior to the troves. MS do increase with the shard. I can at least make stuff now. Never before have I had sparkling blue stuff in store.

sdwombat
06-22-13, 01:20 PM
Okay, Mermaid Scales have definitely been harder to come by lately (and I do have the shard), but today is ridiculous. Fished 22 times, and netted 2 mermaid scales. Most of what I have left to upgrade requires enchanted building materials, not to mention Architect's Paste, & on top of all that, 10 Enchanted Essence for the cathedral.

Place_of_Joy
06-22-13, 10:26 PM
I agree with you. So many items require the mermaid scales and difficulty acquiring them really limits the game. Building the Cathedral takes a very long time and starts to get boring. I am hopeful that a future upgrade will address the problem either by gifting to friends or through trade. I have no particular use for kissing dust or ink. I would love to be able to convert those things into something useful using the trade route.

Lilipipi
06-22-13, 10:29 PM
I agree with you. So many items require the mermaid scales and difficulty acquiring them really limits the game. Building the Cathedral takes a very long time and starts to get boring. I am hopeful that a future upgrade will address the problem either by gifting to friends or through trade. I have no particular use for kissing dust or ink. I would love to be able to convert those things into something useful using the trade route.

Gifting wouldn't solve the problem if it stays at 3 per day limit.

Lilipipi
06-22-13, 10:30 PM
We could technically get up to 20 gifts but it's gotta have to come from somewhere and not being able to reciprocate makes people feel bad.

Queenzod
06-23-13, 01:05 AM
We could technically get up to 20 gifts but it's gotta have to come from somewhere and not being able to reciprocate makes people feel bad.

I've reconciled this in my mind. Since there's no hope of being able to reciprocate with gifts, and everybody knows that, I don't worry about it. I get to whom I can and I'm pleased and surprised when anybody sends something to me. It really is just a bonus, after all.

bbarra
06-23-13, 01:06 AM
If you are maxed or near maxed on water and fish the scales don't drop often. Try using about 15 or 20 water and fish then try.

tanbi1
06-24-13, 10:10 AM
If you are maxed or near maxed on water and fish the scales don't drop often. Try using about 15 or 20 water and fish then try.

That definitely doesn't make any difference when I try it, unfortunately.

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 10:26 AM
That definitely doesn't make any difference when I try it, unfortunately.

I don't see any difference in drops when I maxed out.
Some people say you can try putting your wells around the Tablet, and have the fish symbol in the Tablet facing South for better drops. I haven't tred it because I haven't had time to decorate ;)

tanbi1
06-24-13, 12:17 PM
Well it's 20.15 and I started playing at 7am today. I have picked up the iPad every half hour at least, and collected from all my ponds and wells every time. Can officially say I have gotten zero scales today. I'm not maxed on either water or fish. :(

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 12:53 PM
Well it's 20.15 and I started playing at 7am today. I have picked up the iPad every half hour at least, and collected from all my ponds and wells every time. Can officially say I have gotten zero scales today. I'm not maxed on either water or fish. :(

You need your shard! Try doing some magic or something :(

tanbi1
06-24-13, 01:18 PM
Magic! Of course! I was praying! Doh! ;)

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 02:56 PM
Try both, just in case ;)

maguar
06-24-13, 03:20 PM
I don't see any difference in drops when I maxed out.
Some people say you can try putting your wells around the Tablet, and have the fish symbol in the Tablet facing South for better drops. I haven't tred it because I haven't had time to decorate ;)

I did ask about that one and as mythbusters would say - "busted"

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 03:57 PM
It was too cute to be true... Much cutter than spinning the tablet, imo :-)

arale_norimaki
06-24-13, 03:58 PM
And yes, I appears like that one is a fake too ;-)

tanbi1
06-24-13, 10:27 PM
24 hours now, not one single scale. Nada.

Oliver118
06-24-13, 10:34 PM

You must be struggling with those scales!

imaginaryfantasy
06-24-13, 10:48 PM
Why do some people seem to have mermaid scales on their gift list? I have neighbors asking to be gifted mermaid scales, but it isn't a gift option for me ): is it a problem with the game version because I checked, and I'm playing the latest version v1.1.4

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 02:20 AM

What about Trade with Belladona?

maguar
06-25-13, 02:50 AM
Why do some people seem to have mermaid scales on their gift list? I have neighbors asking to be gifted mermaid scales, but it isn't a gift option for me ): is it a problem with the game version because I checked, and I'm playing the latest version v1.1.4

I don't believe it is an option. Sometimes people ask for items on walls even though they're not giftable.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 03:29 AM

Oh, and also get more wells, the more the better! I have 11 wells and 2 ponds. Wells are much better because they take only 1 square and you can collect from them more often. Remember you don't need to buy them in the market, you can craft them in your workshop :)

tanbi1
06-25-13, 05:57 AM

You'd need skunkupines/loveupines for that! :(

tanbi1
06-25-13, 05:58 AM
I've pretty much given up. I'm eating chocolate instead.

arale_norimaki
06-25-13, 06:47 AM
You'd need skunkupines/loveupines for that! :(

Tell me about it... I thought you might be luckier than me to attrack them ;) Try the wells, I have a neighbor who has 20 of them! (he/she has at least 20 of everything!).

I've pretty much given up. I'm eating chocolate instead.

Milk chcolate? Chocolate egg? Chocolate truffle? Or just plain chocolate? Careful, you might need this for your feasts!

tanbi1
06-25-13, 08:01 AM
Any chocolate I could find! Which happened to be Fererro Rocher. Solace in gold foil! ;)

ghjvcucjb
06-25-13, 08:59 AM

Me too! Usually maxed out on MS but saw your posts over the last few days and thought I'd keep an eye on it and yep, no MS since late Sun eve. Hmm, will see what happens today.

tanbi1
06-25-13, 09:05 AM
I'm the same today. My whole game has reached standstill/checkmate. I'm eating chocolate, which I know will trigger a migraine...but I figured that will be less painful!!!!!

KyzaBear
07-19-13, 11:45 PM
This is bull. I have a million ponds and I'm lucky to get 1 mermaid scale every time I click on them.

tiggerhobbes
07-20-13, 08:30 AM
I found I have much better luck with MS these days. But that's probably because energy isn't as scarce anymore. You have the WS, castle, trader, unicorn etc to increase energy. Beast and farming also drops random energy, so when/if I need MS I can just keep clicking my bazillion wells until I get enough, then I hit "edit" to stop the collection. Whereas in the past, it was a real struggle to decide how to spend your very very scarce energy resource.

And I can now trade fish in the crafting/trading building, so it's quite okay with me to collect from wells and ponds more frequently. I still max out on water, but at least fish isn't going to waste.

Not to mention now it's 40 energy max, so every time I play I get to collect more of what I really need. Not to say MS isn't rare, just saying now I have enough energy to manage.

fuyukimi
07-20-13, 11:41 AM
Not to mention the first knowledge shard helps too! I average 5-10 mermaid scales per day since I finished the research for the first shard.

Angelus002
07-20-13, 11:43 AM

I have noticed that the game seems to know what you need then makes it hard to get the items. For example, When I start making enchanted potion or luminance potion I make a couple then the game makes scales next to impossible to get. So I start making something else that does not need scales it begins to make the items I need for new item hard to get and starts dropping scales again. Lol So I come to believe this game is alive knows what you want and makes it hard to get it. Lolololololo

JakeandNanaBerg
08-03-13, 09:25 AM
This is ridiculous to make it so difficult to get what you need to enjoy this game. It would be a great game if these issues would be addressed.

ghjvcucjb
08-03-13, 06:05 PM
Ran out of MS yesterday and have not gotten a single one since. Very strange.

stuffedmounts
08-04-13, 12:21 AM
Ran out of MS yesterday and have not gotten a single one since. Very strange.

Ditto.. And I have harvested my wells and ponds a whole bunch since I ran out. I like the game but there are definitely several aspects that diminish its fun-factor. The way in which they pace the game needs a lot of work to say the least.

JakeandNanaBerg
08-04-13, 06:27 AM
If they want us to try more of their different games I would address these issues. I have hesitated to try any others because of this. Games are something you play to relieve tension, not cause it.

nan0165
08-05-13, 05:47 PM
Ditto.. And I have harvested my wells and ponds a whole bunch since I ran out. I like the game but there are definitely several aspects that diminish its fun-factor. The way in which they pace the game needs a lot of work to say the least.

Me too! Is it possible for a pond to run out? Most definitely diminishes the fun factor!!

maguar
08-06-13, 03:07 AM
Me too! Is it possible for a pond to run out? Most definitely diminishes the fun factor!!

They don't run out. They're rare drops so it's just a case of having a run of luck that's not good.

dragoniakingdom
08-06-13, 12:06 PM
I'm also finding mermaid scales very hard to obtain at present.

On a lighter note when I first started playing CS & received the scales as a drop I went to the well as often as I could in anticipation that the next time I would get the "actual" mermaid!
What a shame it never eventuated.......:rolleyes:

arikasi
08-07-13, 09:19 PM
Having the same problem last few days they just don't seem to be dropping.

Now I can't build beams or glues because Im constantly out of sap nor can I build luminescence/pink/blue potions because of lack of mermaid scales. Most of the time my potion shops are idle. This really needs addressing.

We need a maple tree - sap equivalent of an iron rich ore
And we need something that will increase our mermaid scale drop. Maybe a quest line leading to it.

catcrack
08-09-13, 01:00 PM
I only received 80 mermaid scales in 24 hours, something's up!

(=^ェ^=)

Cesar49
08-09-13, 04:02 PM

(=^ェ^=)

Show off! I did have 75 but owing to a maxed out crisis regarding coal and earth wisps I've had to make a lot of lumin essence so now I'm back around 20 mermaid scales. The drops don't appear to be more rare than normal for me, however.

sdwombat
08-09-13, 07:43 PM

(=^ェ^=)

Catcrack, you are just too much, LOL!

catcrack
08-09-13, 09:40 PM
Catcrack, you are just too much, LOL!
Finally reached the 99 cap on m&m scales. It doesn't feel right.

(=^ェ^=)

vchanhs
08-09-13, 09:57 PM
Finally reached the 99 cap on m&m scales. It doesn't feel right.

(=^ェ^=)

How many wells/ponds do you have? I have 12 and get a healthy supply most of the time, with the first shard of course.

catcrack
08-09-13, 10:30 PM
How many wells/ponds do you have? I have 12 and get a healthy supply most of the time, with the first shard of course.
Not sure, 46/5 maybe. Are you getting a different number?

(=^ェ^=)

sluppies
08-20-13, 01:14 PM
Just visited my ponds and wells and 9 out of 12 dropped mermaid scales! That, my friends, is what I see as a rare drop these days.

aydenkstone1
08-20-13, 01:20 PM
I have placed 15 ponds and 1 well. Before i needed them, i was getting them all the time. NOW that i need them for magic ink and other potions for the adventures, i am not getting any at all. Its really frustrating as all get out. We need an enchanted pond that drops them on a regular basis. Ill even use my gems for it lol.

kudukuda
08-22-13, 01:22 AM
I'm at level 22. Need the scales for so many things. Haven't had ANY in at least theee days. That, and no shards, apple tree or golden apple. This game doesn't like me.

doublescream
08-22-13, 03:23 AM
How I miss the days when you didn't need mermaid scales for enchanter's essence! Just ordinary, easy to get blue petals...

kudukuda
08-22-13, 05:11 AM
Since i posted here got three. From about 20 tries. Still need about 20 more at LEAST!

BungoCook
08-22-13, 01:59 PM
Would still love to see a merpeople goal / storyline as scales a so super rare for so many. However, shhh don't tell TL, but i was trying to get trade tickets for permits that I had stopped looking at / agonising over low inventory instead just trading fish collected from 5 resources that I got such a fright realising I was maxed on scales! Nearly dropped the ipad. I began crafting as much of the blue stuff as I could. That feels better under 20 is the norm. Wonder what the next rare find is going to be, if we ever get out scale pond, dragon scales!, Sunkupies?

Queenzod
08-22-13, 02:03 PM
I found that I was (for a brief and shining moment) maxed out on scales. After my head stopped exploding I made bunches of enchanters essence and lumin thingies, so now I'm back to scrabbling for them again. My theory (which is mine) is that there are some built-in brakes in resources to stop people from going too fast, and MS are one of these types of brakes.

Hannah396
10-21-13, 05:24 PM
same here...need mermaid scales and used to get a lot of them. Once I got to a level 20 or so I couldn't get them anymore. I tried making things that need water and fish but it doesn't seem to help.

outhouse01
02-12-14, 11:20 PM
Ok, I got the prism for the pink unicorn this morning, therefore, my water stocks were depleted, once crafting. I kept a tally (for the first time). At the start 0 water, 69 fish, 37 scales. 55 hits in total on wells x 4 and pond x 1. 98 water, 99 fish, about 10 hits previously and 50 scales at the end. Therefore 55 hits gave 98 water, approx 45 hits gave 30 fish and 55 hits gave 13 scales. That is my math lesson for everyone. Scales are rarer. Cheers

shambalaya
02-13-14, 02:18 AM
same here...need mermaid scales and used to get a lot of them. Once I got to a level 20 or so I couldn't get them anymore. I tried making things that need water and fish but it doesn't seem to help.

Just collect from your ponds and wells (I have 10) without worrying about being maxed on water and fish. Whenever I can I use the fish and water, but it's disproportionate drops and you need more mermaid scales than you get from fulfilling your need for water and fish.

fari85
02-13-14, 03:43 AM
I hv noticed that when I m maxed on water my wells n ponds tend to drop more fish n scales. .....o r that's wat I feel

Eilann
06-29-15, 02:40 AM
How many mermaid scales does trade with Belladona give?

I have very limited rat tails (still saving for Pepe), but mermaid scales are such a nightmare for me that id consider wasting some for a good reward.

For people who are gonna say: ?Duh, just craft more wells!? or ?Duh, just collect from them more often? (heard that 50 times already >< !):
_i have enough wells
_more than half of all the energy i get goes on well collecting since a month, you'll understand i want to reduce it.

If you care to know of my situation :
I used 160 scales for building theaters to get RP to unlock Sabina, then 85 scales on the amphi, after that i bought the cathedral and realised I needed 90 scales, now Sabina wants 6 enchanters essence for her scissors so that's 30 more, i gave up dark caves since 1~2 weeks cuz 2lumin potions took 10 more each day... Finally, my 2nd deep mine is on hold cuz need 60 more!
Seem endless. Have a decent source of every other ressource but that many quests including enchanters essence at the same time really slows me down.
You might say, slow down these and focus on jousting arena, but I need 30 rat tails for jousting arena.. that's why the dilemma.

I ended the boar invasion this morning when completed my swamp. Had high hopes about it giving scales, but after a dozen collections it gave only water, no scale...what a pity.
Can't buy mermaid pond, and even if i could, think the collect time is a bit disappointing.

So....what should i do : keep the same boring neverending well collect?
Or burn some tails to get a little boost?

Korlcek
06-29-15, 02:53 AM
I never wrote down the drops from Belladona trade, but I can tell you that Ancient vault adventure has 1/3 chance to drop 2 or 4 scales. Also from desert sands you might get 5 scales, but the chance is a bit small, 1/14

Eilann
06-29-15, 08:30 AM
Oh, didn't thought of adventures. Thanks :)
But would pain me a bit to do ancient vault again just for a chance to get 2 or 4 scales. xD
Should unlock desert at the end of the week, hope rewards will be interesting :D

If it can help people : I aslo tried the theory : ?CS doesn't give you stuff that you badly need, so always keep 10 of the items you want without spending them?, and it works a little ! its not spectacular though, but it went from maximum 8 collects in a row without getting scales, to maximum 5.

Korlcek
06-29-15, 01:57 PM
Oh, didn't thought of adventures. Thanks :)
But would pain me a bit to do ancient vault again just for a chance to get 2 or 4 scales. xD
Should unlock desert at the end of the week, hope rewards will be interesting :D

Keep collecting from the tablet of Tabernum, when you get the shard, the chances for getting scales from water sources increase.

Anaboe
06-29-15, 02:57 PM
I have 5 ponds, 1 swamp and 1 well, and collect regularly from them. I'm never short of mermaid-scales, but I do have all shards from the Tablet. Collecting stuff is just a standard round, and I'm almost maxed out of everything that way.

Eilann
06-29-15, 03:43 PM
I already did Aquifer research a long time ago. Helps a little but not much.

I agree about the standard round part being a necessary evil, but as I said : half my energy goes to wells collect. I think its a lot. I never had such unbalance with any ressource before.

Also, i feel very alone in this. Nobody my lvl seem to have this issue. No idea how they manage to build their stuff without being slowed down.
Can't wait to switch to ornate instead of enchanted XD
I promise I won't complain about lack of living wood...At least Ill try ^_^