PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated, Burned Out, Bored??

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
12-08-12, 02:30 PM
I must have the worst luck.

I know a lot of other players face the same predicament and I know these new goals are meant to slow progress but...

I have never collected any truffles from my pigs.
I can't get the golden apple from my magic garden.
I have never collected any thing other then coins, glue, beams, stones, and once in a while a gem from adventures, despite which adventure I do. Never have I got a tree, dark cave, or anything exciting from them. The only difference between the adventures is that I do not get coins from the first adventure.
I have been stuck on the same goals for over a month because I have not been able to get truffles, prime cuts, or find a skunkupine for the life of me, yet glimmer trolls run a muck in my kingdom.
I am having a really hard time with the market quests.
Energy is scarce.

& What makes it even more frustrating is that I am a very active player. I play castle story everyday about 100 times a day and I am not getting anywhere. I am on level 24 and I have a hard time collecting coal so it is a slow roll for me to make lanterns. I feel like I am not getting anywhere.

Is it time to give up on castle story? :(

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
12-08-12, 02:32 PM
And no knowledge shards. :(

maguar
12-08-12, 02:47 PM
It's a personal decision if you want to quit. It's not something I'd do.

Skunkupines - are you harvesting a lot of crops like wheat or tending flowers? They really seem to like these.
Truffles - what pigs do you have?
Prime cuts - what sheep and cows do you have?
Adventures - treat them like lotto. Most of the time they won't pay off but once in a couple of million you might get lucky.
Wisp Lanterns - the people who gift you know to gift earth wisps right?
Knowledge shards - don't stress about not getting these. Think of them as a bonus if you get them but not essential if you don't.
Golden apple - it will come when it comes

You'll occasionally get gems from adventures, the purple cow and from quests. You can use these to buy apple trees (for more chances at the golden apple) or for better animals (for more chances at truffles and prime cuts).

I don't focus so much on the goals in the game. I know some are going to take a really long time and I can't control that. I make up my own goals. Generally these are to do with maxing out on crafted items.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.

badger8
12-08-12, 03:02 PM
I understand where you are. I am stuck in the same cycle. I've got about 6-7 quests that are REALLY long-term.
After a couple of weeks I've only got half the prime cuts & half the truffles.
Silly me. I bought the windmill but it is taking FOREVER to accumulate wool.
Taking forever to get that last skunkupine.
Cant get a hide for the market quest to save my life.
No shards here either.
So, since I've been able to accumulate lots of money, I've been buying rocks & buliding wisps & lanterns. I'm expanding like a mad woman so that when the goals actually do start going through (and they will) I can focus on those.
I think you have to look at this as a long term game & just enjoy the ride. If that's not your style, then so beit.
And guess what? I finally got a sheep today from the easiest & cheapest adventure. Don't give up!!

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
12-08-12, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

I am harvesting a lot, but all I get is fang beasts.
I haven't spent gems on animals so I only have 4 regular cows. No sheep.
As for pigs I haven't spent gems there either. So I only have black pigs. They only drop bacon.
And as for earth wisps, they are the only gift I receive.
I guess the truth is you have to spend some to make some.
I know I'll have better luck if I spend gems, but the amount of gems these items cost seem too high for my taste.
I guess I'll keep trying, for now, but the goals went from getting done to fast to slowing down so much I will have them done by the next ice age.

Just a little luck would be nice that way I had some hope.

Thanks to you both.

I guess the truth is, I am too addicted to quit.

wassupbaby
12-08-12, 04:25 PM
Im on lv 24 too and i feel pretty lucky compared to you. Just be pattient. Just like you, ive never ever gotten any trees or animals .... :( so what ? I bought myself a white sheep with the gems i earned from playing other TL's games. Once you have sir piggy , he drops everything.
About the skunkupine, you need to quick crops like wheat, corn, tomato or tending flowers.
As for the coal , again, just like you , im low on coal too so taken it easy , you're not alone :D
And as a active player, you should check the topic about the market quest here so you can prepare for the goal.

wassupbaby
12-08-12, 04:30 PM
Sry for my bad english , just noticed some mistakes :S

cloudsail
12-08-12, 06:06 PM
You have to plant specific crops to get a skunkupine. Are you harvesting wheat or tomatoes? Just keep planting those and I guarantee you'll get one soon.

Don't depend on normal cows for prime cuts, I got a sheep from the first adventure and it gives me some every now and then, but most of my prime cuts came from the adventures.

The cheapest gem pig gives out truffles more often than the black pig, I think.

You're always low on what you need the most, which makes sense if you think about it.

carijonas
12-08-12, 06:58 PM
I'm also an unlucky player! It takes me forever to get things done but what I love to do is designing my kingdom. I'm at level 21 but I feel like everyone has surpassed me in the storyline . I don't have the garden yet but I've been working on the lanterns for it and just today I realized I'd been putting the lanterns on the wrong plot !

badger8
12-08-12, 07:06 PM

As for pigs I haven't spent gems there either. So I only have black pigs. They only drop bacon.
I know I'll have better luck if I spend gems, but the amount of gems these items cost seem too high for my taste.
I guess I'll keep trying, for now, but the goals went from getting done to fast to slowing down so much I will have them done by the next ice age.

Thanks to you both.

Just FYI I haven't spent any money on this game. I also only have a black pig and regular cows. My lone sheep came from an adventure. I have 2 fruit trees, but I got them by saving gems from market quests, rich caravan and jewel mania quest. My earth wisps come from gifts and coal from rock piles i buy with coins. This game is very doable without spending any money. Just have to have some patience- I know it's hard sometimes. I'm addicted too!

howdy2you
12-08-12, 07:28 PM
I had terrible luck in monster story so I expect I will have terrible luck in castle also. But so far it seems to go in waves of good luck. I decided to go without buying nail polish to buy a couple virtual apple trees. Still no golden apple.
Harvesting tomatoes gets skunkupines. In the real world if you get sprayed by a skunk then you bathe in tomatoe juice. Make sense.:)

alkie4ever
12-08-12, 09:09 PM
The cheapest Gem pig gives decent truffles. Pet shop story is a good game to get gems as well. I'm saving gems to get a nice cow.

scottyhaha
12-08-12, 09:46 PM

Thanks to you both.

There are free gems out there. you can play some side game for gems. I have save up from playing pet story, jewels mania and dragon story to buy an apps tree. Make sure to watch out for gems trap.

kopitownhk
12-08-12, 10:12 PM
disregard those market request - this is what I've learnt. Everytime it asks for something, that something will be necessary to complete part of a quest in the very near future.

david0207
12-09-12, 03:41 AM
I know exactly what u mean, i got frustrated with the game many times until now, i had the exact same problems, never got anything good enough from the adventures, it took forever to get Thursto's pants, it took more than a week to get the fangbeasts for the goal although i was maxed out on trolls and skunks, i would get 1 truffle or 1 prime cut every other 5 days and so on. However, with patience i got through most of the goals and today i finally got the golden apple after 76 collections from the apple tree which i bought with gems from jewel mania and the caravan. Moreover, i got 3 truffles and 3 prime cuts in a row from my black pig and the cheapest sheep. So just hang on in there, i know it's frustrating especially when u see that other players seem to get the items they need within the hour! But at the end of the day remember it's just a game. I only have 1 quest left now, the purple cow which normally i'll be able to get in 2 days and i'm actually worried that it will be worse than before, now that i won;t have any quests left, so just try to look at the bright side!

midnightmeerkat
12-09-12, 11:57 AM
i'm actually worried that it will be worse than before, now that i won;t have any quests left, so just try to look at the bright side!

I have only got the cooking caravan left..... I am so looking forward to the update now ( I promised myself that I would complete the quests on only one of my games first so I had something to work on later. (That is Now) but that did not happen ....... Next time... lol. :)

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
12-09-12, 01:49 PM
I feel somewhat better about the quests now with everyone posts. Thanks everyone! Still no luck with the adventures etc, but I did finally get a skunkupine so I finally finished one goal! :)

Does anyone know If I download pet shop story, even if I used to have it a long time ago (long before castle story), will it still trigger goals in
Castle Story? I am trying with jewel mania but I can't get passed level 42 and my days are ticking away!

landa001
12-09-12, 02:09 PM
This is a very long game & I just don't have the gems to buy the pigs or cows. I brought 3 black pigs & I have gotten truffles from the black pigs. I am working on the big picture suchas jewels, glimmer dust & a few others. My nbrs know to give me only jewels & glimmer dust for now. I am stock piling materials so I want have to work so hard. I will stay playing for a bit longer then delete from my iPod by this time I will be bored. I do believe someone stated they got a sheep in the adventure, so now I am hoping a sheep will land soon for me.

midnightmeerkat
12-09-12, 02:29 PM
I feel somewhat better about the quests now with everyone posts. Thanks everyone! Still no luck with the adventures etc, but I did finally get a skunkupine so I finally finished one goal! :)

Does anyone know If I download pet shop story, even if I used to have it a long time ago (long before castle story), will it still trigger goals in
Castle Story? I am trying with jewel mania but I can't get passed level 42 and my days are ticking away!

No .....Downloading a game will not trigger goals... You need to wait for the next promotion of a game

yupiyupigumgum
12-09-12, 06:34 PM
Reaching Jewel mania level 10 will give you 15 gems. Not too bad, but not too easy

midnightmeerkat
12-09-12, 06:42 PM
Reaching Jewel mania level 10 will give you 15 gems. Not too bad, but not too easy

Area 10. :) I've given up on reaching that. Level 42 is where I'm at

debbi34
01-08-13, 10:05 AM
I'm really getting aggravated with this game, as well, and am considering uninstalling it. No matter what goal is started...it never fails...before the goal requirements, I have absolutely no problme getting any item that a source will produce. However, once I open a goal that needs mermaid scales, guess what I don't get. I have 7 ponds on my property, and in the past 3 days, they have yielded only 1 mermaid scale...total. SAme thing with the rich windbag caravan...it took me about a month to gather the gems because between my mine and dozens of purchased rock formations, I was averaging 1 jewel per every 3-5 days of play time. This is absolutely rediculous!!! I understand these things have a certain ampunt of randomness in the equation, but even a 2yr old can tell that they are making these goals impossible. I don't like being *****ed.

fourpeople
01-08-13, 10:12 AM
:( aw so srry from wat u have been through

maguar
01-08-13, 02:21 PM
I'm really getting aggravated with this game, as well, and am considering uninstalling it. No matter what goal is started...it never fails...before the goal requirements, I have absolutely no problme getting any item that a source will produce. However, once I open a goal that needs mermaid scales, guess what I don't get. I have 7 ponds on my property, and in the past 3 days, they have yielded only 1 mermaid scale...total. SAme thing with the rich windbag caravan...it took me about a month to gather the gems because between my mine and dozens of purchased rock formations, I was averaging 1 jewel per every 3-5 days of play time. This is absolutely rediculous!!! I understand these things have a certain ampunt of randomness in the equation, but even a 2yr old can tell that they are making these goals impossible. I don't like being *****ed.

There is no mechanism in the game that reduces drop rates when you've got a quest.

Drop rates are occasionally changed, but rarely decreased. Rates DO NOT change when a player is on a quest, and often they actually are increased. If players are experiencing bad drop rates, its really just bad luck. It even happens to Storm8 Employees.

cymoril69
01-08-13, 08:20 PM
I've noticed, that if I need mermaid scales, I get a better drop rate if I'm not full on water or fish. Same with pulling coal......if I have no rocks the coal tends to drop more often. Not sure if it's a coincidence but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Try crafting items that use water up. Same, with rocks....keep crafting blocks. You might have a bit more luck.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
01-08-13, 08:20 PM
I have lost all hope. I still haven't gotten Sir Pigglesworth. I spent gems on an apple tree and I have collected from it 160 times and I have gotten no golden apple. I then spent gems on a sheep because I had no prime cuts and I've had the goal for such a long time and it has not dropped on prime cut. Why do I spend gems on a game with no reward? The quest are so slow that I haven't made any progress on them in almost a month. On top of it all anytime i need anything like fish for example i cant get it. I am so bored. It's ridiculous.

rengirl1978
01-08-13, 08:43 PM
I have lost all hope. I still haven't gotten Sir Pigglesworth. I spent gems on an apple tree and I have collected from it 160 times and I have gotten no golden apple. I then spent gems on a sheep because I had no prime cuts and I've had the goal for such a long time and it has not dropped on prime cut. Why do I spend gems on a game with no reward? The quest are so slow that I haven't made any progress on them in almost a month. On top of it all anytime i need anything like fish for example i cant get it. I am so bored. It's ridiculous.

Okay, this is not bad luck! Your game has issues! I can't believe you still don't have Sir Piggy. I got the golden apple needed after 4 days of collecting from the magic garden, then later bought an apple tree with gems earned from playing other Storm8 games. I currently have 3 golden apples! I wish I could send you one, sheesh!

Someone fix her game!

cymoril69
01-08-13, 08:50 PM
Gosh....I wish I could send you some of my gold items too. :(

yupiyupigumgum
01-09-13, 01:00 AM
Hey, I'm still trying to make first lemonade for Old Thomas and my precious sir piglessworth only give me coins,bacons and bucket of water. I had the tabernum for months and Only got one shard . Fey crystal, dark cave formation and adamant are definitely mythical objects for me.

yupiyupigumgum
01-09-13, 01:02 AM
What I mean is, you're not alone, and definitely not a lozerr XOXO

hmgdanielson
01-09-13, 12:44 PM
Don't feel alone. I still haven't gotten anywhere close to getting a golden apple. My magic garden only hands me magic fruit and coins. Sir Pigglesworth is the only quest I have left.

But I've beaten the malaise by setting quests of my own - like expanding to an out-of-the-way square and capturing a skunkupine there so I can build unmolested. Or making a certain number of building supplies. Or making some sort of design in the kingdom.

sweetiepiez100
01-09-13, 01:26 PM
That is so true I am now on level 25. I have no more quests. I cannot expand into the glimmer woods any further. End of the game for me have over a million in coin and nothing left to buy. Saddened by this wishing for updates but loosing hope. One lost castle story knight

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
01-09-13, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

rengirl1978
01-09-13, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

Add me! Same ID as here. Let me know if/when you add.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
01-09-13, 06:42 PM
Add me! Same ID as here. Let me know if/when you add.

Added!:)

salamander2007
01-09-13, 06:46 PM
Don't feel alone. I still haven't gotten anywhere close to getting a golden apple. My magic garden only hands me magic fruit and coins. Sir Pigglesworth is the only quest I have left.

But I've beaten the malaise by setting quests of my own - like expanding to an out-of-the-way square and capturing a skunkupine there so I can build unmolested. Or making a certain number of building supplies. Or making some sort of design in the kingdom.

Yups. Same here. Sir piggy and two shards left for me. Starting to regret the fifty bucks I spent on gems during the holiday season.

lozerrfaceXOXOmommy
01-09-13, 07:06 PM
I'm still working on the cooking cavaran, 30 prime cuts, Sir Pigglesworth, and I have two shards left. I haven't made any progress in such a long time. I hope the update comes soon and I hope for those of us who haven't gotten Sir Piggleworth that the update will come with an increase the drop rate of the golden apple!

yupiyupigumgum
01-09-13, 08:37 PM
I know that feeling, frustration, desperate and anger because I couldn't see any chance to get sir Pig. i even thought about quiting. But then when I finally got him, it felt short time happiness followed by disappointment and anger because mine is not as magical as everyone else's. He rarely drops something extraordinary. Really not worth the efforts.I do hope you can get all the best magical things from sir pig once you get him.

1Murphy1
05-14-13, 03:57 PM
My white sheep seems to drop prime cuts fairly regular, I wAs surprised by Sir pigglesworth today at first I thought I got nothing but a few coin but he gave me 30 energy. And no I didn't accidentally buy. And I'm no where close to leveling up.

dng1234
05-14-13, 06:18 PM
Keep your chin up and keep chugging along. I've not spent one red cent in this game and have gotten all the trees, animals, and other extras by using gems earned from playing the extra games. Right now I'm still trying to collect trade tickets and trying for my alicorn parts. The pieces will come when they come and usually when you least expect it. :)

MBRBTBRB
05-14-13, 08:00 PM
When you do get the golden apple (and you will, eventually) you will find that Sir Pigglesworth is fairly good at finding truffles for you, which is a big help. So... hang in there!

Katrien001
09-13-13, 04:06 AM
I bought a apple tree ..and I have more than 50 apples still no golden apple !! My amount is almost 700000 still no golden apple!! Collect more than 40 times from magic garden still no golden aplle !! grrr What do I need or to do besides to be patient !!

Dying for an answer !! Many thx

jtm101
09-13-13, 06:35 AM
If memory serves me correct most people get the golden apple by the time they collect 100 apples. Most within 70-120 range. If you would have got it already then i'd consider you to be very lucky. I dont know about the magic garden stats but it is very rare, i got more of them from apple trees than magic garden. I doubt i have got more than 2-3 in a year from the garden, but i have probably got more than a dozen from my 2 apple trees (not that i have collected from them much in the last 3 months)

meme1098
09-13-13, 06:54 AM
I've lost hope for the alicorn horn and ever getting another golden apple. Rare is one thing but non-existent is another.

jtm101
09-13-13, 07:01 AM
Surely the Adamant is the rarest of the rare. Ive yet to see one in a year of playing (90k XP) but need 4 to fully upgrade my deep mines.

meme1098
09-13-13, 07:16 AM
I have 2 right now but can't remember how I got them. One deep mine fully upgraded, 2nd almost there. Just not a top priority for me right now.

terrymum
09-13-13, 08:47 AM
It's a personal decision if you want to quit. It's not something I'd do.

Skunkupines - are you harvesting a lot of crops like wheat or tending flowers? They really seem to like these.
Truffles - what pigs do you have?
Prime cuts - what sheep and cows do you have?
Adventures - treat them like lotto. Most of the time they won't pay off but once in a couple of million you might get lucky.
Wisp Lanterns - the people who gift you know to gift earth wisps right?
Knowledge shards - don't stress about not getting these. Think of them as a bonus if you get them but not essential if you don't.
Golden apple - it will come when it comes

You'll occasionally get gems from adventures, the purple cow and from quests. You can use these to buy apple trees (for more chances at the golden apple) or for better animals (for more chances at truffles and prime cuts).

I don't focus so much on the goals in the game. I know some are going to take a really long time and I can't control that. I make up my own goals. Generally these are to do with maxing out on crafted items.

Anyway that's my 2 cents worth.
I must say that I am addicted. Should there be a warning BEFORE one starts on this game ? But thanks for the advice on Skunkupines, I thought I had completely decimated their population, I seem to be getting more fanged beasts and trolls. As you commented I tend to make my own objectives while heading towards a goal.
That did get me into a little problem, as I managed to release Sabina WAY before my level was high enough to easily fulfil the sub goals, but then again this game allows one to pick your own path through it.
Am I correct in assuming that at sometime in the future the 'floating gate' and the strange building off to the right of the 'playing area' will eventually become goals with even more adventures?
When I have visited other kingdoms, even those at level 30 do not seem to have explored those items.

caspercat98
09-13-13, 02:51 PM
I had to collect about 100 times before getting my first golden apple.
I've played the game for over 6 months and just got my first horn and first wing this past week. Strange how it took so long to get either one and then I got them both in such a short span of time, but I won't complain about that. It can be extremely hard to be patient.

Queenzod
09-13-13, 11:24 PM
I only had one golden apple, and then it occurred to me that if I don't collect from the tree I'm not going to get any more! So I hauled it out about three weeks ago, and now I'm up to 20 golden apples. They'll come. If you're frustrated, focus on something else or take a break.

And, yes, I know what you're thinking and you are correct. I am an idiot. :)

jaybay1147
09-14-13, 04:14 PM
Trust me, I've been playing the month this came out and I had a time like that. Just be thankful you didn't waste away seven months looking for an Alicorn wing. Here's some personal advice.

I have never collected any truffles from my pigs. -Don't worry much about this, only needed in one or two quests. And if you determined just buy a regular pig (Not black) with gems saved up from other TL games. They've had a ton for me lately.

I can't get the golden apple from my magic garden. -I had a similar experience. The apple was hardest. You'll get it very soon.

I have never collected any thing other then coins, glue, beams, stones, and once in a while a gem from adventures, despite which adventure I do. Never have I got a tree, dark cave, or anything exciting from them. The only difference between the adventures is that I do not get coins from the first adventure. -Different types of quest gives different things as you know. Try the dark caverns for trees and all that good stuff.

I have been stuck on the same goals for over a month because I have not been able to get truffles, prime cuts, or find a skunkupine for the life of me, yet glimmer trolls run a muck in my kingdom.
I am having a really hard time with the market quests. -Yea we all have troll problems. Just start harvesting corn if you want skunkupines.

Energy is scarce. -Visit neighbors, it has a random chance to give you energy.

Now here's my problems just to make you feel a bit better. :3

-I spent the last seven months on a quest everyday. Looking for an Alicorn Wing. Finally got it!

-I'm looking for the diamond, and burning ember. And as you know the Traverse the Desert Sands takes a long time to prepare.

-Trying to find ten golden nuggets for the gold bar. (Better then an apple. :P)

-And I've checked my nest days for a third manticore egg. qq

So don't worry, we all have those problems.

lycopodium
11-13-13, 03:54 AM
This game and its designers seem bent on requiring gem purchases. It seems that every goal with a time limit doesn't quite give you enough time, making it impossible to do without purchasing something e.g. The glimmerbat. And when I do have enough time as with the turkey cow, the time limit expires early and I get no turkey cow despite doing all the work. From the designers I get a "oh we are working on that glitch" but for those of us that it has already happened to there is no fix you have to buy the stupid thing instead. And ever notice that as soon as you need a resource it suddenly becomes extremely scarce e.g. When rat tails are needed suddenly skunkupines are virtually nonexistent? I used to like this game but I refuse to keep buying gems due to glitches or designer intent.

BlueAgate
11-13-13, 09:41 PM
I am disgusted with the lack of proper support for these games period. The knight hall was ridiculously expensive at 300 gems. I finally earned enough gems to be able to purchase it but I have to wait to be able to expand again. I just lost 7 gems for a speed up that I did not want. They don't give you an option to cancel out of it. It flashes up so fast that you have no time to react. This game has robbed me of many gems. You submit a ticket to them and all you get is canned responses. I always, always include my Storm8 ID and they constantly ask for that information even tho I've provided it in two places. No one reads those at all is my opinion. All these games are the same way. All they want is your money for the gems or whatever it is that you need to progress in something. I'm really getting fed up with it all.

kahleesi61
11-19-13, 06:35 PM
Just lost 16 gems by scrolling down with my stylus! I too have lost so many gems with same response, that there is nothing they can do. Really need to do something about this. They add up so slowly, I've never been able to use them. Getting so they don't mean anything. I have also noticed that the minute you need something, it is never dropped. I don't have any lemon trees, so get lemons from bat and sometimes from pig. Now that I have to make a lot of lemonade, I haven't seen a lemon in two or three days! NOT FAIR!! Love game but is getting boring when you see no progress for days. I also think with two groups of knights going out and so many feasts to be made, then they start this food caravan, really need more than two kitchens! Maybe no one reads these except us players. Also getting FED UP!!

jptheripper
11-21-13, 03:41 PM
Just so you know, the released a new goal today that provides food items.

They are listening, and they are awesome

jannywanny86
11-22-13, 07:14 AM
Everything takes so long! Trying to get new buildings is a nightmare! Keep running out of wood and stone and hardly get any mermaid scales to make potions

jesoftngentle
11-22-13, 04:25 PM
Yes,this game is challenging. Yes, I have experienced these situations also. Quit? Never ever. No way. I love this game, if it were easy it wouldn't be as fun. They are trying to make a living--but pls don't make a fortune. You can push too much sometimes, money doesn't grow on trees.

BriarAvenue
11-23-13, 03:05 PM
I've noticed, that if I need mermaid scales, I get a better drop rate if I'm not full on water or fish. Same with pulling coal......if I have no rocks the coal tends to drop more often. Not sure if it's a coincidence but I've heard a few others say the same thing. Try crafting items that use water up. Same, with rocks....keep crafting blocks. You might have a bit more luck.
True. If water max out, then fish n scale drop off seems reduced.

BriarAvenue
11-23-13, 03:10 PM
I am disgusted with the lack of proper support for these games period. The knight hall was ridiculously expensive at 300 gems. I finally earned enough gems to be able to purchase it but I have to wait to be able to expand again. I just lost 7 gems for a speed up that I did not want. They don't give you an option to cancel out of it. It flashes up so fast that you have no time to react. This game has robbed me of many gems. You submit a ticket to them and all you get is canned responses. I always, always include my Storm8 ID and they constantly ask for that information even tho I've provided it in two places. No one reads those at all is my opinion. All these games are the same way. All they want is your money for the gems or whatever it is that you need to progress in something. I'm really getting fed up with it all.
don't remember spending gems to buy knight hall. After finish the quest, it's there in my inventory.
I seem to remember that is so.

On earth wisp, I have my neighbors to thank. A few of us form a gifting league to provide wisp to each other.
Plus the coal from deep mine, I was able to manage with the expansion need.

Worth to try uninstall n re-install the game. May help.

BriarAvenue
11-23-13, 03:21 PM
Btw I started playing in April this year. I think I reached lvl 30 in Sept or so.
That's how long it took for me. I do remember certain levels seemed very tough for me.
But once passed, then it gets better n better. Then I tried other games to earn gems.
Needless to say I lost gems by double clicking. Must be over 200 gems gone that way.

But I got nice neighbors (though I seldom respond on their walls, but I do appreciate their company)
I like this game because I can go on my own pace. Others got dragons, alicorns, so what?
I saw my neighbors got fortune tent, the manor, n lots of things I don't hv.
So be it, I play my game and do with and without.
I really think you need to start building your neighbor and gifting team.
So comforting to receive a most needed wisp in the morning when starting the game!
Bless all my dear neighbors, a big thank Q

ghjvcucjb
11-23-13, 03:27 PM
Btw I started playing in April this year. I think I reached lvl 30 in Sept or so.
That's how long it took for me. I do remember certain levels seemed very tough for me.
But once passed, then it gets better n better. Then I tried other games to earn gems.
Needless to say I lost gems by double clicking. Must be over 200 gems gone that way.

But I got nice neighbors (though I seldom respond on their walls, but I do appreciate their company)
I like this game because I can go on my own pace. Others got dragons, alicorns, so what?
So comforting to receive a most needed wisp in the morning when starting the game!

Thumbs up BriarAvenue!

Gardienn
11-23-13, 04:32 PM

Great attitude. Right on.

~ Gardienn aka Goldonis Savier

jesoftngentle
06-01-14, 01:40 PM
I am at level 49, almost 50. This last quest for the dragon eggs was really disappointing for me, I actually got up in the middle of the night to try to get all 3. Stupid me, it was just one of those impossible goals.
I will not be able to get all the gems needed to complete another goal either. I feel like why should I try.
You have made plenty of money off me, but I will not pay to complete everything. I think Team lava is getting rather greedy. A lot of your players feel the same as me. Please make the goals achievable.

meme1098
06-01-14, 02:04 PM
Wow...I call that dedication! I would never interrupt my sleep for a game. It can all wait until the morning when I wake up. :D

fish63
06-01-14, 03:40 PM
Is anyone else disappointed in the drops from the new dragons. Mostly coins, of which I have 11,000,000, and the occasional Dragon scale, which I don't need because my other dragons keep me supplied, if we work this hard or spend a lot of gems it would be nice to be rewarded. Also Living wood tree is not very generous!

mrosmeows
06-05-14, 04:09 PM
I would love to know why the " problems" with the dragon eggs has not only not been fixed although we were told it would be yesterday it's no longer even addressed. And I agree with this I could have boughten a xbox with the money I already spent on this game when it came out and more then half the updates are gems or cash only. I feel like I've spent quite enough when they were still testing and us earlier players funded it getting so huge. And now they want more loot. Why can't you sell things that cost gems for gems like the dozen apple/orange/lemon trees that were rendered useless when I got my bat

doobievilla
06-05-14, 05:02 PM
I would love to know why the " problems" with the dragon eggs has not only not been fixed although we were told it would be yesterday it's no longer even addressed. And I agree with this I could have boughten a xbox with the money I already spent on this game when it came out and more then half the updates are gems or cash only. I feel like I've spent quite enough when they were still testing and us earlier players funded it getting so huge. And now they want more loot. Why can't you sell things that cost gems for gems like the dozen apple/orange/lemon trees that were rendered useless when I got my bat

It requires database tunneling.. and log file inspection. They have to first target who got affected and just because you raise your hand on forum doesnt count..
1. Find affected players
2. Verify data
3. Come up with a resultant plan of action. note.. this is the hardest part
4. Implement

only a guess

Seranda
06-07-14, 12:46 AM
I agree. They even refuse to fix the gem traps in this game. How many of us have lots gems by a misclick? They don't even refund thier players. And, do they ever try to fix this issue... No...

I understand it's a business but I agree. This is getting out of hand. These goals are getting harder and harder to complete. I love the story lines but I am at my wits end with this game. It's just feeling impossible to do anything without having to buy gems these days. And the precious gems you do have/buy can easily be lost by a simple misclick. I just lost 72 gems speeding up one of my full grown dragons. I bought those gems, and they refuse to refund them. It's utter BS.

These are all reasons I've quit games before. This will be the first to go out of the Lava games I play if these issues don't get fixed and the goals seem more attainable. What's the point of having a game who's storyline are impossible to complete without gems and without playing literally 24/7.

I'm really considering dumping this game before I dump any more time/money into it. Which is a shame, because I do enjoy the game play. I just don't like how it's run.

mrosmeows
06-07-14, 04:14 AM
I agree. They even refuse to fix the gem traps in this game. How many of us have lots gems by a misclick? They don't even refund thier players. And, do they ever try to fix this issue... No...

I understand it's a business but I agree. This is getting out of hand. These goals are getting harder and harder to complete. I love the story lines but I am at my wits end with this game. It's just feeling impossible to do anything without having to buy gems these days. And the precious gems you do have/buy can easily be lost by a simple misclick. I just lost 72 gems speeding up one of my full grown dragons. I bought those gems, and they refuse to refund them. It's utter BS.

These are all reasons I've quit games before. This will be the first to go out of the Lava games I play if these issues don't get fixed and the goals seem more attainable. What's the point of having a game who's storyline are impossible to complete without gems and without playing literally 24/7.

I'm really considering dumping this game before I dump any more time/money into it. Which is a shame, because I do enjoy the game play. I just don't like how it's run.

I know. I lost 80 some gems I bought at once from the "gem trap" ( and I have multiple friends who are computer animator programmers who have stated the fix for that is childishly simplistic. It would just require the same coding the password conformation does when you buy gems). And sent in a ticket to told me to bad nothing we can do. Yet they managed to bill my card. I haven't boughten gems since and I've lost a hell of a lot more then that it was just the most I ever dropped at once. Sometimes the thing freezes and when it stops you've sped up something with gems. It's obviously intensional

Nimlandy
06-07-14, 08:28 AM
I know. I lost 80 some gems I bought at once from the "gem trap" ( and I have multiple friends who are computer animator programmers who have stated the fix for that is childishly simplistic. It would just require the same coding the password conformation does when you buy gems). And sent in a ticket to told me to bad nothing we can do. Yet they managed to bill my card. I haven't boughten gems since and I've lost a hell of a lot more then that it was just the most I ever dropped at once. Sometimes the thing freezes and when it stops you've sped up something with gems. It's obviously intensional

Same. I've already said this elsewhere but I lost 88 gems today speeding up a dragon I had literally just collected from. How stupid and pointless can you get?

cole7286
06-07-14, 06:21 PM
I'm getting exasperated too. New goal is almost impossible and the dragons which everyone worked so hard to get, apparently drop nothing special. :(

mrosmeows
06-07-14, 06:26 PM
I'm getting exasperated too. New goal is almost impossible and the dragons which everyone worked so hard to get, apparently drop nothing special. :(

Yup and everyone got screwed. If they don't give me a way to hatch the egg in my inventory I'm done there has to be a similar game that actually wants to keep players. It was said so plainly if you have an egg there's no expiration on hatching it well I have the egg.... And this was the first update in forever that didn't require gems.

moon331
06-07-14, 08:03 PM
I am bored.
I started to play one year ago. Finished every single goal except the recent two on Belladonna's Inscriptions. Full expansion. Full upgraded building. I have so many resources and expansion permits. I have all the dragons. I have everything I need for this game. I am just bored. No matter how good this game is. It is just a game.

yveal
08-07-14, 04:41 AM
Sorry to moan but I have come to a standstill in the game due to the manticore not giving whiskers every time. Its making it a drag to collect the mystic esscences to continue the farie thread.
Then there is the ridiculous amount of glimmer shards and dust to make plants to send to belladona 25 with sixteen plants in each. This looks like it will drag on for months and months for me and the orospect of that is soul destroying. To add to that we get random plants so that there is not the prospect of choosing the plant you require to finish the trade after sixteen plants are collected.
I have been playing since December 2012 and TL are making this game unplayable and i am tempted to just pack it in.

gfbnm
08-07-14, 04:30 PM
TL have made it easy for me to pack it in by locking me out. If they wish to target under 13 year old girls then this is no longer a game that i can play.

I can not update to that icon or have that music playing as reported by others.

I only wish i had the chance to say goodbye to my neighbours.

Good luck everyone

chalupa2030
08-07-14, 07:55 PM
TL have made it easy for me to pack it in by locking me out. If they wish to target under 13 year old girls then this is no longer a game that i can play.

I can not update to that icon or have that music playing as reported by others.

I only wish i had the chance to say goodbye to my neighbours.

Good luck everyone

Good luck!

SpiritWind00
08-07-14, 08:59 PM
The music is no longer on my start up screen. TL have said they'll look at the icon. Seems to me like the voice of the players is being heard. Thank you TL. (And I couldn't give a rats about the icon... My iPad is off limits to everyone else anyway). Icons come and icons go.... I'm not judging by what it looks like on the outside, it's what's inside that counts and this game continues to rock! Right, get back to chopping!

chalupa2030
08-07-14, 10:41 PM
The music is no longer on my start up screen. TL have said they'll look at the icon. Seems to me like the voice of the players is being heard. Thank you TL. (And I couldn't give a rats about the icon... My iPad is off limits to everyone else anyway). Icons come and icons go.... I'm not judging by what it looks like on the outside, it's what's inside that counts and this game continues to rock! Right, get back to chopping!

Great post!

hugpete
08-07-14, 10:47 PM
Sorry to moan but I have come to a standstill in the game due to the manticore not giving whiskers every time. Its making it a drag to collect the mystic esscences to continue the farie thread.
Then there is the ridiculous amount of glimmer shards and dust to make plants to send to belladona 25 with sixteen plants in each. This looks like it will drag on for months and months for me and the orospect of that is soul destroying. To add to that we get random plants so that there is not the prospect of choosing the plant you require to finish the trade after sixteen plants are collected.
I have been playing since December 2012 and TL are making this game unplayable and i am tempted to just pack it in.

My understanding is that the belladonna trade quest is meant to be a long term goal. :/

SpiritWind00
08-08-14, 12:07 AM

Re music, with my device on mute it doesn't play on startup... Oh and thank you chalupa!

brdwybaby
10-02-14, 05:32 PM
I'm about done with this game. I just now got the new workshop because I've been avoiding playing over the past week, simply because I'm bored with it lately. And this is coming from someone who usually obsessively checks the game 50 or more times a day. But with the new crops and the new workshop and everything, it all looks so childish and so immature and the graphic quality has gone down COMPLETELY. There is little to no graphic quality left in this game, and that's what made me love the game in the first place--the high-quality graphics! How long are people going to have to complain about this until you listen? This isn't Candyland!

Anaboe
10-05-14, 04:17 PM
Ehm, you sure whine a lot, guess it comes with the "baby" part ;). To be honest, some people, like myself, disagree with you. I like the story, and graphics. Yes, the green goo doesn't look very nice and I realy hope TL won't use it anymore, but it's just a minor detail compared to the rest.

And yes, I like Candyland, so I would love to see more pink, and flowers, and happy colors.

Some people just disagree with you on this.

midsom
10-05-14, 09:24 PM
I love this game, I play it with my son, the graphics are great, trust me, you should have seen the first games out, then you would have something to complain about.

lovieluv
11-14-14, 05:34 AM
Brand new player. And I'm giving up. It's a nice game, but it's very frustrating.

ShibuyaCloth
11-14-14, 05:50 AM
You got probably overwhelmed in the beginning. Try to focus on just a few things at time. Also this is not a shooter/angry bird game, you need patience & time. Without those, CS is not a game for you.

bookadey
11-15-14, 01:18 PM
You got probably overwhelmed in the beginning. Try to focus on just a few things at time. Also this is not a shooter/angry bird game, you need patience & time. Without those, CS is not a game for you.

Well said.
In the beginning, there are a lot of goals and not enough time or energy to to get them all done at once and as the game progresses, the goals get longer and harder and it takes more time to finish them.

It's hard to be patient. When I get frustrated that I'm not progressing as fast as I want to, I remember that Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will my kingdom. :)

my2place
11-15-14, 02:17 PM
Well said.
In the beginning, there are a lot of goals and not enough time or energy to to get them all done at once and as the game progresses, the goals get longer and harder and it takes more time to finish them.

It's hard to be patient. When I get frustrated that I'm not progressing as fast as I want to, I remember that Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will my kingdom. :)

Yes! I use this game to relax - I love the graphics and the storylines and that some things take time, work and perseverance! Really a well thought out and well developed game - and it takes a lot to impress this gamer who started out with DOS games :)

janddolphins
11-15-14, 06:13 PM
I really love the game, but must say I accidentally hit skip on a quest just now and just lost 100 gems! I usually try not to save them up for this very reason and just use them, and am so careful clicking but it happened, and this is the first time it has been a significant loss like that to me. The only reason I was saving up was because I wanted that fortune teller tent really badly to join in that quest line! I know that there is no point in contacting support, even though that is what the forum mods say to do since they don't refund for clicking mistakes, so guess I just joined the frustrated group again for this reason.

It is such a shame that a well made game like this still will not listen to us and add the confirmation button. If it were not for that I would be buying gems from them! Otherwise I am not frustrated with the game itself, and enjoy it, but sometimes get so annoyed with the gem traps that, that in itself makes me want to quit. But I keep on playing, with hope. Looks like I will never be getting that tent after all....

shambalaya
05-06-15, 04:04 PM
Feeling #frustrated #burnedout #bored over this latest TL/S8 "business decision" :(

chaben7
10-01-15, 02:28 AM
my castle is driving me mad, even making me sad.....blythewood faeries are not kind....living wood is hard to find.....sister sister grins at my lack .....of getting her off my back.....spell books are not coming through... despite all that I do....and now trolls want lots of gold ...its leaving me feeling quite cold.....perhaps I should quit this strife...and maybe get a real life

EBJW
10-01-15, 08:36 AM
.... or you can think: hey, I've got something to do (longtime players)!

Or take your time on not-timed quests.

Or concentrate on a few things and let other stuff pass by or save for later.

Or....

Anyway: playing should be fun.
If not, it's your call....

robotparade
10-01-15, 06:22 PM
This is getting out of hand. These goals are getting harder and harder to complete. I love the story lines but I am at my wits end with this game. It's just feeling impossible to do anything without having to buy gems these days. And the precious gems you do have/buy can easily be lost by a simple misclick... What's the point of having a game who's storyline are impossible to complete without gems and without playing literally 24/7.

Agree. I now only buy gems to expand a plot.