View Full Version : Dragon Story Breeding Experiments/Theories

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

kwhales
04-27-13, 01:28 PM
Won what? ...and your welcome. :D

Point, set and match. And all that gold you are gonna be sending me. ��

laurensaville1331
04-27-13, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=DragonTan1;606191]Do you need Illusion too? Try breeding Night/Genie and you could get Diamond, Bat or Illusion :p

Just took your advice having spent months trying for diamond...and got my first night hybrid...bat very happy with that :-) thanks

DragonTan1
04-27-13, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE=DragonTan1;606191]Do you need Illusion too? Try breeding Night/Genie and you could get Diamond, Bat or Illusion :p

Just took your advice having spent months trying for diamond...and got my first night hybrid...bat very happy with that :-) thanks

No problem. :)

RotomGuy
04-27-13, 03:29 PM
[QUOTE=laurensaville1331;611803]

No problem. :)

Could you give me a Kite combo. Everything DragonTan seems to work.

DragonTan1
04-27-13, 06:52 PM
[QUOTE=DragonTan1;611814]

Could you give me a Kite combo. Everything DragonTan seems to work.

I got Kite with Gold/Virtue combo, I was trying for Unicorn or Kite.

kwhales
04-27-13, 07:00 PM
I have been trying for gold once for one week, then stopped like I said earlier. Got nothing but air. Trying again. Nothing but air. So I switched to diamond and cosmic because of the fails I could also use. So what do I get??? Three airs in a row. Really!!!!!

kurebiz
04-27-13, 07:12 PM
I have been trying for gold once for one week, then stopped like I said earlier. Got nothing but air. Trying again. Nothing but air. So I switched to diamond and cosmic because of the fails I could also use. So what do I get??? Three airs in a row. Really!!!!!

lucky you, my first attempt is a magic!!

kwhales
04-27-13, 07:17 PM
Four airs and I even changed diamonds. Maybe I have to evolve my other two just in case.

DragonTan1
04-27-13, 07:23 PM
lucky you, my first attempt is a magic!!

I get Magic with Cosmic/Saturn combo lol as soon as it went in the nest I got another in the den... 17 hours left til I can try again.

glitterbabies
04-27-13, 08:06 PM
I'm still trying for the diamond but my fails are at least improving.

I'm using Firestorm and Island over and over to try for a diamond (on advise). I evolved both to Level 7 (firestorm was level 7 but Island was just a 5) and while I was getting repeat firestorms for a while now I'm getting good dragons that I don't have.

So far I've gotten Mist, Four leaf, mindvolt, and now I have a scorpion in the nest.

I want the diamond but won't complain if I get other dragons that are rare or super rare.

kiwiscot09
04-28-13, 01:56 AM
Well light & forest made dawn tree lol
But I've been trying for fairy for the past week with no luck so I gave up. Put air & forest together for one last attempt & got 8 hours breeding time so crossing fingers :)

henrylucky
04-28-13, 05:34 AM
Well light & forest made dawn tree lol
But I've been trying for fairy for the past week with no luck so I gave up. Put air & forest together for one last attempt & got 8 hours breeding time so crossing fingers :)

I true :)

henrylucky
04-28-13, 05:46 AM
I have a theory!

1. When you want a dragon so much by breeding, you will hard work and it'll so many many tries to get it.

2. But, when you trying for other dragon(s), then you'll get dragon that before you wanted with less attempt.

3. When, you don't want a dragon, it'll come to you more often.

note:

First theory, won't work if you want Common dragons. Second theory, have 80% chance to work. Third theory, mostly work if the dragon(s) you want is Common.

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 05:50 AM
I have a theory!

1. When you want a dragon so much by breeding, you will hard work and it'll so many many tries to get it.

2. But, when you trying for other dragon(s), then you'll get dragon that before you wanted with less attempt.

note:

First theory, won't work if you want Common dragons. Second theory, have 80% chance to work. Third theory, mostly work if the dragon(s) you want is Common.
Which is why I'm using Gold + Virtue when the Treasure Dragon is released and I think you all know what dragon I want but don't want to come out of that.

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 05:51 AM
Which is why I'm using Gold + Virtue when the Treasure Dragon is released and I think you all know what dragon I want but don't want to come out of that.

Oh and another tip is to let DragonTan1 choose your combos.

salinho
04-28-13, 05:52 AM
I have a theory!

note:

Lol, yup. True. I've gotten some of my "most wanted" when I least expected! Parakeet was a complete shocker for me, for example xDDD i got it with a ridiculous combo, lol. Turkey and winter i believe. Seabreeze was quite the surprise too.

RotomGuy
04-28-13, 05:53 AM
It's reverse psychology and it always seems to work.

salinho
04-28-13, 05:53 AM

It's kinda like when we want to get a boy's attention. Pretend we're not secretly, burningly wanting. XD

Oh and another tip is to let DragonTan1 choose your combos.
Okay, I might actually start pestering DT1 for combos. :p

cynnabug
04-28-13, 08:33 AM
I was trying to get Easter by using Fire and Air, then somebody said to sneak the colors in. So I switched to a level 4 Love and level 7 Air, and now I have Mythic. *headdesk* So yeah, definitely a case of being surprised by the outcome, but not getting what I really want. I also support any conspiracy claims, because giving Mythic and Easter the same colors and hours, with Mythic having that lovely $6 million habitat price tag, is just mean.

moostermine
04-28-13, 09:11 AM
I think I would rather not get a dragon for a long time than have to give someone else credit for me getting it. But that's just my preference, another example of everyone playing the game their own way.

DragonTan1
04-28-13, 09:54 AM
It's kinda like when we want to get a boy's attention. Pretend we're not secretly, burningly wanting. XD

Okay, I might actually start pestering DT1 for combos. :p

Anytime :p

kwhales
04-28-13, 09:59 AM
I think I would rather not get a dragon for a long time than have to give someone else credit for me getting it. But that's just my preference, another example of everyone playing the game their own way.

Why not? I think everyone, including you, used a combo someone else suggested and was successful at breeding. Maybe we don't always acknowledge the help, but we used the combo with success. I know I look through threads and see what combo works for what dragons, and I may try it. Do I go back and thank them or give them credit? Nope, but I am thankful I tried it.

moostermine
04-28-13, 10:41 AM
Why not? I think everyone, including you, used a combo someone else suggested and was successful at breeding. Maybe we don't always acknowledge the help, but we used the combo with success. I know I look through threads and see what combo works for what dragons, and I may try it. Do I go back and thank them or give them credit? Nope, but I am thankful I tried it.

Oh sure! Didn't mean that! I owe credit to lots of people for lots of dragons! And a belated thank you to all the folks on here for the help they never knew they gave me! I just meant, that it feels really good to stumble on one for yourself! It makes it extra special!
(Sorry if the first post sounded pompous, K, you know I wouldn't go there! Or I hope you do?)

tsuki003
04-28-13, 02:29 PM
Is the gold dragon out for ios or something? Cause I don't have anything in my market nor pop ups....on droid /.\

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 07:39 AM
holy *&%$!! another 20 hour FAIL trying for the diamond!!

Can someone on a kindle confirm if they've gotten a diamond because I'm really starting to believe it's not possible to breed a diamond on kindle.....

danni7788
04-29-13, 07:52 AM
holy *&%$!! another 20 hour FAIL trying for the diamond!!

Can someone on a kindle confirm if they've gotten a diamond because I'm really starting to believe it's not possible to breed a diamond on kindle.....

I wouldn't know since I don't play on Kindle, but thought I would throw out a suggestion- if you have any combination of pink, green, red, and white, those colors produce pretty short fail times for the most common dragons (life=3 hrs, love=5 hrs, fuzzy=8 hrs). It's not amazing, but better than 20 hour magics popping up all the time (or worse, 24 hour sunrise). Of course, some of the rare ones have some longer breed times (justice, etc).

henrylucky
04-29-13, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't know since I don't play on Kindle, but thought I would throw out a suggestion- if you have any combination of pink, green, red, and white, those colors produce pretty short fail times for the most common dragons (life=3 hrs, love=5 hrs, fuzzy=8 hrs). It's not amazing, but better than 20 hour magics popping up all the time (or worse, 24 hour sunrise). Of course, some of the rare ones have some longer breed times (justice, etc).

If you have a Diamond, you may try Crusader and Fuzzy, right? But look at those Virtue fails :(
I'll try Mirage and Diamond after that, Helios and (Firestorm/Eagle/Honeybee/Scorpion) to get my second Diamond

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 08:32 AM

kindle doesn't get pink.....

I've gotten some decent fails trying for the diamond but just got my 3rd Island fail and it's really irking me.

I'm using Firestorm/Island based on someone saying they got 2 diamonds in a row using that combo.....they are both level 7 so one should not over power the other but still I keep getting island/magic fails.

it's just really annoying with all the other things kindle doesn't get you'd think they could make it easier for us to get the diamond to compensate...guess the reality is TL doesn't really care if I keep playing because someone else will come along to play right after I quit....

danni7788
04-29-13, 09:52 AM
kindle doesn't get pink.....

I've gotten some decent fails trying for the diamond but just got my 3rd Island fail and it's really irking me.

I'm using Firestorm/Island based on someone saying they got 2 diamonds in a row using that combo.....they are both level 7 so one should not over power the other but still I keep getting island/magic fails.

it's just really annoying with all the other things kindle doesn't get you'd think they could make it easier for us to get the diamond to compensate...guess the reality is TL doesn't really care if I keep playing because someone else will come along to play right after I quit....

Sorry to hear that :(

Maybe try red, green, blue, white? I hear that combo has shorter-ish fail times too (although still likely to get islands and magics)

I've been trying for diamond since I started playing, only to stop to get the limited dragons and some of the night hybrids when they came out (and I even used 4 colors w/ them in hopes of a diamond too). Level 59 and no diamond yet, so try not to get too discouraged. There are many level 94 players who still don't have one yet. I know it seems impossible, but we just have to keep trying...

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 01:11 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

Maybe try red, green, blue, white? I hear that combo has shorter-ish fail times too (although still likely to get islands and magics)

I've been trying for diamond since I started playing, only to stop to get the limited dragons and some of the night hybrids when they came out (and I even used 4 colors w/ them in hopes of a diamond too). Level 59 and no diamond yet, so try not to get too discouraged. There are many level 94 players who still don't have one yet. I know it seems impossible, but we just have to keep trying...

I think I wouldn't be so frustrated if I could craft dragons or had a shot at some of the hybrids but on kindle I don't even think I can get the diamond hybrids.....not sure why I'm trying so hard for a diamond actually LOL...

I sped up my latest magic fail (17 gold) and am breeding Serpent and honeybee....got 11 hrs...either an Athletic or Mirage..... pretty happy to be getting a dragon I don't already have.

I guess I should consider myself lucky....I've seen many people say they can't get a honeybee and I got that my first day playing...didn't realize how rare it was......

salinho
04-29-13, 02:24 PM
Level 94 since December. Been playing since july 2012 and, you guessed it, no bloody diamond here. It's just revolting.

nbella1414
04-29-13, 02:28 PM
I have it my nest. It's 18 hours. Now to figure out who to trade off so I can sell a habitat. Oh and save 8 million coins. Wow.

nbella1414
04-29-13, 02:29 PM
Treasure Dragon... Forgot which thread I was in.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 02:32 PM
Level 94 since December. Been playing since july 2012 and, you guessed it, no bloody diamond here. It's just revolting.
It would seem like there are certain days you can and can't breed a diamond cause I've been trying for a while too but just yesterday I got it plus so did 3 other users I know of who have been trying for a long time too. Heard that happened before between December 2012-January 2013.

sunkalito
04-29-13, 02:32 PM
I have it my nest. It's 18 hours. Now to figure out who to trade off so I can sell a habitat. Oh and save 8 million coins. Wow.

Why did you buy treasure if you didn't have enough coins for it yet?

sunkalito
04-29-13, 02:34 PM
Heard that happened before between December 2012-January 2013.

The so-called "diamond wave".

tsuki003
04-29-13, 02:35 PM
The so-called "diamond wave".yes....my island didnt exist then unfortunately v.v

sunkalito
04-29-13, 02:40 PM
yes....my island didnt exist then unfortunately v.v

Mine did...

nbella1414
04-29-13, 02:51 PM
Why did you buy treasure if you didn't have enough coins for it yet?

Because I can...

sunkalito
04-29-13, 02:53 PM
Because I can...

LOL. Cngratulations then.

IceDawn
04-29-13, 03:03 PM
I hear aurora works a lot for diamond with virtue (be nice to have one!) And I'm thinking the reason why is because it takes light in place of air as a fourth element. Light+water+fire+forest in other words since that is four elements, it still works. (?)

Ok ty for clarifying :)

tsuki003
04-29-13, 03:16 PM
Ok ty for clarifying :)
Boy that post seems so old now lol. I now know light, air, water, fire, forest, and even magic can all be used separately as the elements needed for diamond. I just got mine yesterday with fireworks and light.

danni7788
04-29-13, 03:52 PM
Boy that post seems so old now lol. I now know light, air, water, fire, forest, and even magic can all be used separately as the elements needed for diamond. I just got mine yesterday with fireworks and light.

Night and virtue can be used too :)

danni7788
04-29-13, 03:53 PM
Night and virtue can be used too :)

Oh and mythic and cosmic!

tsuki003
04-29-13, 04:13 PM
Yes but, after much debate, night and virtue together cant make diamond but separately it is possible of course. I don't think mythic or cosmic have successfully been used yet though.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 04:14 PM
Yes but, after much debate, night and virtue together cant make diamond but separately it is possible of course. I don't think mythic or cosmic have successfully been used yet though.but yes, in theory, they should be possible too.

DragonTan1
04-29-13, 04:27 PM
but yes, in theory, they should be possible too.

Nobody has confirmed it yet, but it should work.... still, nobody should waste their time with Night/Virtue combo.

DragonTan1
04-29-13, 04:28 PM
Nobody has confirmed it yet, but it should work.... still, nobody should waste their time with Night/Virtue combo.

They should stop once they get Mask lol

tsuki003
04-29-13, 04:35 PM
They should stop once they get Mask lolya, getting mask is a miracle in itself! Lol

sunkalito
04-29-13, 04:37 PM
They should stop once they get Mask lol

if they get mask..

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 04:53 PM
so if what I'm breeding now is a mirage, which is three elements I can use that with my light and possibly get a diamond??

tsuki003
04-29-13, 04:56 PM
so if what I'm breeding now is a mirage, which is three elements I can use that with my light and possibly get a diamond??yes u can

tsuki003
04-29-13, 04:57 PM
Hey if quetzal is going, do you think TL plans on getting rid of other diamond hybrids too like mercury?

tsuki003
04-29-13, 05:00 PM
so if what I'm breeding now is a mirage, which is three elements I can use that with my light and possibly get a diamond??
Or you can breed it with forest, dawntree, magic, virtue, night, etc. Fuzxy be a good dragon to try, if you have it, cause thats light+forest. But with mirage+light you have less chances at fails.

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 05:26 PM
Or you can breed it with forest, dawntree, magic, virtue, night, etc. Fuzxy be a good dragon to try, if you have it, cause thats light+forest. But with mirage+light you have less chances at fails.

thanks....now I just have to hope it's a mirage and not athletic..... tempted to speed up the breeding to see....only 6 gold.... hmmmmm

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 05:29 PM
okay...so the temptation was too much....sped it up....and...IT'S A MIRAGE!!! WOOP WOOP!!!

tsuki003
04-29-13, 05:52 PM
okay...so the temptation was too much....sped it up....and...IT'S A MIRAGE!!! WOOP WOOP!!!congrats!! Ive tried several times for a mirage and have yet to succeed. Two athletes though t.t

gin0531
04-29-13, 06:14 PM
Can cosmic be bred, or does it have to be purchased?

henrylucky
04-29-13, 06:15 PM
congrats!! Ive tried several times for a mirage and have yet to succeed. Two athletes though t.t

I can give you one of my Mirage if I can.

henrylucky
04-29-13, 06:15 PM
Can cosmic be bred, or does it have to be purchased?

Yes, purple and air

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:16 PM
I can give you one of my Mirage if I can.im android, no trading for me. But thank you very much for the offer!!! :)

henrylucky
04-29-13, 06:21 PM
im android, no trading for me. But thank you very much for the offer!!! :)

I'm Android too!

DragonTan1
04-29-13, 06:23 PM
lol......

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:24 PM
I'm Android too!
I forgots! >.< how can you trade then???

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:24 PM
congrats!! Ive tried several times for a mirage and have yet to succeed. Two athletes though t.t

I used a level 10 honeybee and a level 7 serpent.....I was trying for a diamond obviously and had to actually go look at what an 11 hr breed time might be.....

now I can only hope he helps me get a diamond!!

just got 15 gold pieces for reaching level 18 in bakery story...so tempted to speed up the egg so I can level it up and try breeding him tonight.... yes...I'm obsessed lol...

henrylucky
04-29-13, 06:27 PM
I forgots! >.< how can you trade then???

I hope we can, trading dragon to other player suggestion hasn't been ruled out yet.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:28 PM
I used a level 10 honeybee and a level 7 serpent.....I was trying for a diamond obviously and had to actually go look at what an 11 hr breed time might be.....

now I can only hope he helps me get a diamond!!

just got 15 gold pieces for reaching level 18 in bakery story...so tempted to speed up the egg so I can level it up and try breeding him tonight.... yes...I'm obsessed lol...lol we all are obsessed at least a lil. I have DS, BS, RS, PSS, FS, and Farm story....I keeps busy. But DS is the only one I partake in the forums with plus, with the breeding, its more interesting.

I should try the combo you mentioned. My serpent and honeybee are at the exact same lvls.

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:33 PM
i sped him up....leveled up...sped that up too..... so 21 pieces of gold....for a 5 hr fail lol..

it's obviously a love since both parakeet and wild have green and I used the light dragon....

yeah try the honeybee and serpent and see what you get...I got lucky and you might too.

i play DS, FS, RS and BS and Farm story....started them mostly for the gold reward but I really like fashion and bakery story a lot...but like you ds is the only forum I really actively participate in.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:40 PM
i sped him up....leveled up...sped that up too..... so 21 pieces of gold....for a 5 hr fail lol..

it's obviously a love since both parakeet and wild have green and I used the light dragon....

yeah try the honeybee and serpent and see what you get...I got lucky and you might too.

i play DS, FS, RS and BS and Farm story....started them mostly for the gold reward but I really like fashion and bakery story a lot...but like you ds is the only forum I really actively participate in. ya I did slots and bubble mania for the gold too but didn't like em so uninstalled.

I mostly try scorpion and water for mirage but I always get a bunch of firestorms. Then, when l/r heart was out, I got a bunch of them too.

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:44 PM
ya I did slots and bubble mania for the gold too but didn't like em so uninstalled.

I mostly try scorpion and water for mirage but I always get a bunch of firestorms. Then, when l/r heart was out, I got a bunch of them too.

I just started playing when L/R heart were being discontinued...and I'm not sure I could've gotten them anyway on kindle.

I found DS through Bubble mania but I never got gold because I sucked at that game lol..

you can get gold through slots?? hmmm might have to play that one. I played PSS for a while but after I got my gold I uninstalled it because it was so much work.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:47 PM
I just started playing when L/R heart were being discontinued...and I'm not sure I could've gotten them anyway on kindle.

I found DS through Bubble mania but I never got gold because I sucked at that game lol..

you can get gold through slots?? hmmm might have to play that one. I played PSS for a while but after I got my gold I uninstalled it because it was so much work.only when there is a "pop up" for slots can you. My PSS is maxed expansion wise out so im getting a lil bored of it.

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:52 PM
only when there is a "pop up" for slots can you. My PSS is maxed expansion wise out so im getting a lil bored of it.

I don't get pop ups....which stinks. I got my bf playing DS and he got a pop up for farm story today and got 30 gold for installing, 15 for reaching level 5 and is about to get another 15....punk LOL.

okay so I couldn't resist speeding up the 5 hr fail...it's a love....which I already have.....

so I put mirage back in the den...this time with my dawntree (both level 7) and I got a 14 hr fail...so it's either a mist (which i have) or an eagle (which I don't have)....

not speeding this one up....I'm blowing through gold like a mad woman at this rate LOL

glitterbabies
04-29-13, 06:53 PM
sorry both level 6 not 7 :/

tsuki003
04-29-13, 06:58 PM
Instead of a green, try light or fuzzy if you have them. That might help.

kiwiscot09
04-29-13, 07:02 PM
Does any one have any tips for a land worm? I've done forest & fire soooooo many times (even evolved them to both epic) but no such luck. I keep getting life dragons - I tried another combo (serpent & something else that I can't remember) but sill got life & I tried that combo 6x lol

DragonTan1
04-29-13, 07:08 PM
Does any one have any tips for a land worm? I've done forest & fire soooooo many times (even evolved them to both epic) but no such luck. I keep getting life dragons - I tried another combo (serpent & something else that I can't remember) but sill got life & I tried that combo 6x lol

Landworm is hard to get, keep trying Life/Fire or Wild/Life and you'll get it eventually... the fails are not so bad. I got it with Wild/Wild combo.

danni7788
04-29-13, 07:08 PM

I wish I could trade you one! When I tried for snowman I got so many. I'd say if fire and forest isn't working maybe switch one or both of them to life or any other red/green hybrid you have (rose, wild, forestfire, etc)

miget411
04-29-13, 07:09 PM
I don't get pop ups....which stinks. I got my bf playing DS and he got a pop up for farm story today and got 30 gold for installing, 15 for reaching level 5 and is about to get another 15....punk LOL.

okay so I couldn't resist speeding up the 5 hr fail...it's a love....which I already have.....

so I put mirage back in the den...this time with my dawntree (both level 7) and I got a 14 hr fail...so it's either a mist (which i have) or an eagle (which I don't have)....

not speeding this one up....I'm blowing through gold like a mad woman at this rate LOL

Kindle does not get the pop ups about getting gold for playing other tl games.

DragonTan1
04-29-13, 07:09 PM

Landworm is hard to get, keep trying Life/Fire or Wild/Life and you'll get it eventually... the fails are not so bad. I got it with Wild/Wild combo.

Use your last 2 fails, the evolved ones that you have.

tsuki003
04-29-13, 07:11 PM
I got mine by accident XP so I can't help...

tsuki003
04-29-13, 07:13 PM
I got mine by accident XP so I can't help...I think it was when I was trying for my rose dragon. Just forest and fire.

henrylucky
04-29-13, 07:13 PM
Try Forest and Wild

henrylucky
04-29-13, 07:14 PM
Or forest life

kiwiscot09
04-30-13, 03:41 AM
I just got an icecream dragon? I didn't even know they existed lol

glitterbabies
04-30-13, 09:11 AM
24 hour fail with light and mirage....another sunrise....yipe lol

elitaserina
04-30-13, 11:37 AM
so i have put my fuzzy and charm for diamond. iso far i got a wild which i didn't have already and a life and 2 charms. i'm upset the quetzal is leaving! i'm sure i wont get a diamond in time to breed him. it really makes me nervous that other dragons i really want are going to be gone before i can breed them

carabellexo
04-30-13, 01:10 PM
I am just breeding parakeet and bubble and got 15 hours?? What's this?

DragonTan1
04-30-13, 01:19 PM
I am just breeding parakeet and bubble and got 15 hours?? What's this?

Laserlight or Atlantis.

kiwiscot09
04-30-13, 10:44 PM
OK, so I just bred night & water to see what would come of it & got athletic? It would have been great except my last dragon was athletic (which was water & fire). Is this a glitch, or does have I done something wrong? I did speed it up so maybe that's the reason? I'm not really up on what colours 'bleed' or even what that means lol

tsuki003
04-30-13, 10:48 PM
OK, so I just bred night & water to see what would come of it & got athletic? It would have been great except my last dragon was athletic (which was water & fire). Is this a glitch, or does have I done something wrong? I did speed it up so maybe that's the reason? I'm not really up on what colours 'bleed' or even what that means lolwell nihht does have magic and magic has fire but I am not sure if they break down that much. Is the egg still in your nest? Sometimes there's a lag in the egg pic change so maybe if you go back and check it may be different? Had that happen couple of times.

Mani_Sari
04-30-13, 10:49 PM
OK, so I just bred night & water to see what would come of it & got athletic? It would have been great except my last dragon was athletic (which was water & fire). Is this a glitch, or does have I done something wrong? I did speed it up so maybe that's the reason? I'm not really up on what colours 'bleed' or even what that means lol

Nope that's perfectly normal. Getting the same dragon in a row doesn't mean anything, I've bred wizards 10 in a row before, and it was so hard trying for my first one, now they are common to me.

RotomGuy
04-30-13, 11:03 PM
Nope that's perfectly normal. Getting the same dragon in a row doesn't mean anything, I've bred wizards 10 in a row before, and it was so hard trying for my first one, now they are common to me.

But there is no red in that combo?

kiwiscot09
04-30-13, 11:03 PM
well nihht does have magic and magic has fire but I am not sure if they break down that much. Is the egg still in your nest? Sometimes there's a lag in the egg pic change so maybe if you go back and check it may be different? Had that happen couple of times.
Nope its hatched now. Very weird lol
I'm wondering what other dragons I can breed that have nothing to do with the colours (maybe try diamond with 2 lights hehe)

sunkalito
05-01-13, 01:46 AM
Nope its hatched now. Very weird lol
I'm wondering what other dragons I can breed that have nothing to do with the colours (maybe try diamond with 2 lights hehe)

This is just bizarre. So the magic element in the night dragone broke down into fire and water. Meaning the night dragon broke down twice...

I have a migraine.

danni7788
05-01-13, 05:46 AM
This is just bizarre. So the magic element in the night dragone broke down into fire and water. Meaning the night dragon broke down twice...

I have a migraine.

I think my brain just exploded.

sunkalito
05-01-13, 06:04 AM
I think my brain just exploded.

Mashed brain. TL staff's favorite food. They are zombies. Noms!

leeliilee
05-01-13, 06:41 AM
On my android tablet I have much better luck obtaining rarer dragons than on my ipod. Yesterday I bred the moon dragon, and today I bred the diamond dragon using firestorm and island. I don't know if the levels matter but they are both level 9. I've been trying to keep track of my breeding pairs, but I never have the same results on my iPod. The iPod is so much better too because you can trade and place dragons in the stable and craft others, but my android game is far easier. I won't give up though. I want a unicorn dragon. I'm going for virtue next;)

leeliilee
05-01-13, 06:43 AM
Same here I tried so hard for a wizard, couldn't get it. Trying for the aether I got it several times...

Dior0
05-01-13, 06:44 AM
On my android tablet I have much better luck obtaining rarer dragons than on my ipod. Yesterday I bred the moon dragon, and today I bred the diamond dragon using firestorm and island. I don't know if the levels matter but they are both level 9. I've been trying to keep track of my breeding pairs, but I never have the same results on my iPod. The iPod is so much better too because you can trade and place dragons in the stable and craft others, but my android game is far easier. I won't give up though. I want a unicorn dragon. I'm going for virtue next;) me too on my android tablet i got my diamond using night and aurona

glitterbabies
05-01-13, 07:19 AM
okay...so I put my mirage (water/air/fire) in with my magic and got a 23 hr breed time....there are only two options...Ceasar and Night..... ??? is there a dragon not on the list that I'm not aware of?

glitterbabies
05-01-13, 07:21 AM
well nihht does have magic and magic has fire but I am not sure if they break down that much. Is the egg still in your nest? Sometimes there's a lag in the egg pic change so maybe if you go back and check it may be different? Had that happen couple of times.

it's breeding...not yet in the nest...breed time is 23 hrs and that usually correlates to egg time...so it'll be a 23 hr egg too, right?

danni7788
05-01-13, 07:57 AM
it's breeding...not yet in the nest...breed time is 23 hrs and that usually correlates to egg time...so it'll be a 23 hr egg too, right?

it looks like night- water+magic=night and both of them are present

glitterbabies
05-01-13, 08:24 AM
it looks like night- water+magic=night and both of them are present

well that's pretty exciting :D

now I have to buy the habitat...which for the large one is 2m coins...which isn't so exciting lol....

elitaserina
05-01-13, 12:29 PM

i have been using fuzzy and charm and i the fails on that have been dragons i don't have the breed times are shorter so i'm sticking with that one. they also have a 33% chance of a diamond.

danni7788
05-01-13, 02:47 PM
i have been using fuzzy and charm and i the fails on that have been dragons i don't have the breed times are shorter so i'm sticking with that one. they also have a 33% chance of a diamond.

That looks like a good combo, too.. But how did you get the 33%?

henrylucky
05-01-13, 03:50 PM
That looks like a good combo, too.. But how did you get the 33%?

Maybe she means 33 hours for Virtue fail... XD

tsuki003
05-01-13, 04:04 PM
Diamond is born and evolving now I have a magic and genie going at 8 hours....

glitterbabies
05-01-13, 04:11 PM
Diamond is born and evolving now I have a magic and genie going at 8 hours....

is that your first diamond??

elitaserina
05-01-13, 05:09 PM
Maybe she means 33 hours for Virtue fail... XD

http://dragon.sjau.ch/index.php?submission=Display&action=setCookieList, this page has a lot of info on it. it also gives you the percentage certain parents have for breeding a diamond. it says fuzzy and charm has a 33%chance of breeding diamond

henrylucky
05-01-13, 05:11 PM
http://dragon.sjau.ch/index.php?submission=Display&action=setCookieList, this page has a lot of info on it. it also gives you the percentage certain parents have for breeding a diamond. it says fuzzy and charm has a 33%chance of breeding diamond

Thanks, It just joke..btw, I'll check!.

tsuki003
05-01-13, 06:21 PM
is that your first diamond??yup! Now im trying for cosmic but its probably a genie

ganodustin
05-01-13, 06:51 PM
I don't understand why Quetzal should be removed. or maybe there's another diamond/forest? I have been trying for Quetzal, but all I got were uncountable forest and dawn tree.

vbnm5432
05-01-13, 10:07 PM
I got a second genie today so decided to go for a third to complete my goal. I put magic and a genie in the den because I read some poeple got a peacock that way. 8 hours later not another genie but my first cosmic. Really happy but it will take a few days to get it out of the nest since I'm 4,000,000 short for the habitat.

HenryLucky1
05-01-13, 10:09 PM
I got a second genie today so decided to go for a third to complete my goal. I put magic and a genie in the den because I read some poeple got a peacock that way. 8 hours later not another genie but my first cosmic. Really happy but it will take a few days to get it out of the nest since I'm 4,000,000 short for the habitat.

Keep collecting coins

vbnm5432
05-01-13, 10:12 PM
Keep collecting coins

Trust me I will. With my luck if I sold it off the nest I would not get another one. :)

HenryLucky1
05-01-13, 10:15 PM
Trust me I will. With my luck if I sold it off the nest I would not get another one. :)

Trust me, you'll get another one if you pair it with Diamond...

divaxchange
05-01-13, 10:34 PM
I bred diamond diamond and got a 33hr breed time....what could that be? I'm going to quit playing if it is a virtue, that would be a ridiculous and random split! I'm trying for infinity. I have not bred a dragon I don't have in 2 months! Very frustrated...grrrrrr

nbella1414
05-01-13, 11:10 PM
When u breed 2 diamonds you get a pure result. It sucks but I'm sure it's Virtue.

Oliver118
05-01-13, 11:13 PM
It's virtue. Here are the possibilities for diamond and diamond (from what I've heard, since I myself don't have a Diamond dragon yet grrr...)
Virtue dragon (33 hours)
Diamond dragon (44 hours)
Infinity dragon (40 hours)

Oliver118
05-01-13, 11:16 PM
I'm still trying for the Clockwork dragon, but it's probably already gone, so now I should go for Peacock, Dawntree or Diamond because I haven't got enough coins for Mythic or Cosmic habitat.

Lolas_Kryptonite
05-01-13, 11:40 PM
I'm still trying for the Clockwork dragon, but it's probably already gone, so now I should go for Peacock, Dawntree or Diamond because I haven't got enough coins for Mythic or Cosmic habitat.

Clockwork was never breedable. It was only available on the spin wheel (which everyone didn't even get....) Good luck with getting your diamond!

glitterbabies
05-02-13, 08:04 AM
yup! Now im trying for cosmic but its probably a genie

wow....congrats!!!

what did you use to get it??

I'm breeding my 3rd Sunrise /o\ 24 hr fails are the worst!! This is why I blow through gold so I can get it out of my way and move on to try again.....but I'm going to be patient and not waste my gold speeding up an egg I'm not even keeping. My Night still has 11 hours left and I got another fruitful in the nest which I'll get rid of...so I'll wait at least until those are done and the nests are free.

tsuki003
05-02-13, 09:30 AM
I used fireworks and light on what must have been "diamond-day-of-the-month" cause thete were a few who got it that day.

glitterbabies
05-02-13, 10:00 AM
I used fireworks and light on what must have been "diamond-day-of-the-month" cause thete were a few who got it that day.

oh....I can't get a firework :(

I'll keep trying with my mirage and light and maybe I'll get lucky

elitaserina
05-02-13, 12:01 PM
Thanks, It just joke..btw, I'll check!.

oh i get it ;)

kooky panda
05-02-13, 01:57 PM
Hey guys, since this thread has reached over 100 pages, please see the new thread here. (http://forums.teamlava.com/showthread.php?51043-Dragon-Story-Breeding-Experiments-and-Theories-Part-II&p=617974&viewfull=1#post617974):D