PDA

View Full Version : Best Gift To Give

Bakers Dozen
12-06-10, 09:36 AM
Has anybody worked out which is the best gift to give?

Unregistered
12-06-10, 09:53 AM
I know that those who are bold enough to ask always request cappuccino. Don't know the math though. :)

Bakers Dozen
12-06-10, 10:13 AM
Thanks for that!

Unregistered
12-06-10, 11:51 AM
The cappuccino is the best gift in terms of how much money it is worth. 50 cups at $10 per cup brings you earnings of $500 for the gift. There is an earlier post titled "Gifts" where someone responded with a list of what all the gifts earn.

Unregistered
12-06-10, 01:59 PM
For me it would be something that takes a while to cook.

Unregistered
01-02-11, 05:17 AM
Brownies 200 x $1 = $200
Hot Chocolate 100 x $4 = $400
Croissants 100 x $4 = $400
Cappuccino 50 x $10 = $500
Chocolate Cakes 150 x $2 = $300

Unregistered
01-08-11, 07:04 PM
Cappuccino is best for the money, but it takes only 12 hours to make compared to the 16 hours for the Hot Chocolate. Personally, I send both. And honestly, the extra $100 made from the Cappuccino isn't worth the 4 more hours to make the Hot Chocolate. I can get the $100 from 5 tips.

Unregistered
01-08-11, 08:58 PM
so when we gift people they still have to use the same cooking time?
do we lose points for giving or accepting gifts?
thanks!

Amalah
01-08-11, 09:25 PM
Giving gifts is free, and the person who recieves it can place it on a counter instantly. No cooking time involved.

*Sips Tea*

Unregistered
01-09-11, 01:52 PM
Cappuccino is best for the money, but it takes only 12 hours to make compared to the 16 hours for the Hot Chocolate. Personally, I send both. And honestly, the extra $100 made from the Cappuccino isn't worth the 4 more hours to make the Hot Chocolate. I can get the $100 from 5 tips.

But that's just comparing ONE gift of cappuccino vs ONE gift of hot chocolate. When comparing the full number of receivable gifts, 20 gifts of cappuccino amounts to $10,000 while 20 gifts of hot chocolate amounts to $8000. That's a $2000 difference, something that can't easily be remedied through tips.

Unregistered
01-11-11, 05:18 AM
But that's just comparing ONE gift of cappuccino vs ONE gift of hot chocolate. When comparing the full number of receivable gifts, 20 gifts of cappuccino amounts to $10,000 while 20 gifts of hot chocolate amounts to $8000. That's a $2000 difference, something that can't easily be remedied through tips.

+1. Other person's logic fails. How long it takes to make a gift shouldn't equate into what gift is the best due to other factors. Simply put: capps make more, capps are better. It's not like I was going to make EITHER capps or hot chocos during my cooking time anyway - there are better things to make that earn more money. Gifts are the "freebies" to make a bit more money, and should be taken as such - accept and send capps.

There is a hole in the other person's logic. And I just pointed it out.

Unregistered
01-12-11, 01:17 PM
+1. Other person's logic fails. How long it takes to make a gift shouldn't equate into what gift is the best due to other factors. Simply put: capps make more, capps are better. It's not like I was going to make EITHER capps or hot chocos during my cooking time anyway - there are better things to make that earn more money. Gifts are the "freebies" to make a bit more money, and should be taken as such - accept and send capps.

There is a hole in the other person's logic. And I just pointed it out.

Accepting a "gift" from a neighbour doesn't equal preparing the item yourself (you don't get chef experience points from the items that you receive from gifts)...they are just to put out and sell to customers. So sending and accepting cappuccinos makes the most sense, as dollar wise you will earn the most.