PDA

View Full Version : Kid has accidentally buy gems

vonloschz
05-07-11, 10:06 AM
Hello all,
I woke up this morning with a 100$ invoice from my kid.
Good morning dad :(

Under my xoom and android, my kid accidentally buy for 100$ of gems.
How can I cancel that order and get a refund.

Thank.

R?f. for mod
Date de commande : 7 mai 2011 04:55:54 PDT
N? de commande Google : 325988068372500

trenae
05-07-11, 12:52 PM
Bummer, sorry to hear that happened.

You'll need to contact Apple directly for a refund/solution to unintentional gem purchases. This information can be found in app Help/FAQ section.

Hope that helps.

badger8
05-07-11, 01:23 PM
I know this is too little too late, but I have little ones as well...don't forget you can turn off the in-app purchase ability on your device. Then everyone needs a password to be able to purchase anything in an application. this has saved me more than once!! 

Rachael98
05-07-11, 01:56 PM
Oh dear. That will be difficult. Go to settings->general->restrictions and turn off in-app purchases. For now, I really feel sorry for you. I wish you best of luck. If you need extra help, I know someone who managed, so PM me. Best of luck!

vonloschz
05-07-11, 01:58 PM
I am under Android and I can not disable In-App Purchases =(
I send a cancel request within 15 minutes.

Mogwai4111
05-07-11, 02:44 PM
Did you try calling your credit card company or bank? I bet they'd be more help than Apple.

Rachael98
05-07-11, 03:07 PM
Did you try calling your credit card company or bank? I bet they'd be more help than Apple.

Good point. Apple also want their share.

Rachael98
05-07-11, 03:11 PM
Also, try support@teamlava.com.

badger8
05-07-11, 03:16 PM
Checkout.google.com
Not sure how this works, but Supposedly you have 24 hours to reverse an app charge on android.
Might want to give it a try.

trenae
05-07-11, 03:24 PM
I am under Android and I can not disable In-App Purchases =(
I send a cancel request within 15 minutes.

You may want to consider removing the credit card information if you're going to allow a minor/someone else to have access to your device, only sure fire way to guarantee no unintentional purchases are done.

You may want to also check the policy for the Android Market and verify the information for the refund policy, and the process you need to take in order to request a refund. And while it would be more waiting, on Monday clarification on the process from a Super Moderator might also help.

Rachael98
05-07-11, 03:35 PM
There we go. Hopefully something of these will work. Still waiting for my contact.

vonloschz
05-07-11, 04:54 PM
@ Mogwai4111
My credit card compagny (visa) can do nothing if it not a fraud.
They don't cover involuntary online buy.

@ Rachael98
I sent 4 email through the google checkout system to TeamLava. (first was under 15 min)
I drop a call to the voice mail of TeamLava.
I use this forum ... another email to support@teamlava.com ... why not =).

@ badger8
in-apps buy is not cover in the same way that google checkout made with normal apps on google market.
https://market.android.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1061913

@ trenae
Yes, your are right.
I will remove my card asap form my google checkout.

@ Rachael98
I hope =)

Thanks all for your suggestion.
wait an see.

Mogwai4111
05-07-11, 05:56 PM
From what I've read online, if you did not list him as an authorized user of your card when you signed up for it, and he is a minor, you should be able to get the charges reversed (purchase by an unauthorized minor).

I'm almost positive TL won't refund you, citing buyers remorse and the fact that the charge went through an outside pay system, which they'll say they can't reverse. Google checkout's refund policy is that you must contact the seller (TL) and have them authorize the refund, which again, I'm almost positive TL will not do.

I wouldn't wait on a reply frm TL, I don't think you'll get any retribution from them. Your best bet seems to be to call VISA and explain that an unauthorized minor made the transaction without your permission and you'd like it reversed. If they still say no... tell your son "happy birthday, your present came early this year".

Good luck and keep us updated, I'd like to know how this plays out.

vonloschz
05-08-11, 06:29 AM
@ Mogwai4111
I agree with you and good point for visa.

I'll wait until tomorrow to have news from TL.
If not, I will try again with visa.

vonloschz
05-10-11, 10:02 AM
Visa does not cover the accident, even if it comes from my child.
TeamLava did not return my emails ( 5 ) or my calls ( 2 ).

I learned how android protect my credit card on the hard way.
Thanks for all the help.

GroupMagma
05-11-11, 10:55 AM
@vonlosch

TeamLava may be able to refund your purchase if the Gems have not been spent. Our Support team will get to your emails as soon as possible. Thank you.

vonloschz
05-18-11, 05:46 PM
Thanks GroupMagma for this info.

however, I still not receive any email or refund.
My email is : vonloschz@gmail.com

Google checkout number is on the first thread.

GroupMagma
05-26-11, 10:07 AM
If you email the Checkout number to the Support team, that may be enough to look up your purchase. Please also provide them with your Storm8 ID and the name of the game in which the Gems were purchased. Thanks!

vonloschz
05-27-11, 06:11 PM
May 27 TeamLava, LLC. has cancelled your order. You have been refunded in full.
End of story ... my karma is good.
Thanks all for suggestion and help.

Mogwai4111
05-27-11, 07:40 PM
awesome! wish all forum members would see this ;) good stuff, TL